Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hail Caesar

unitaswestand

Yeah. Did yoi notice that on that last d play he was held by 2 guys in the same possession but still made the qb mess up the throw.

He was mugged.  They're not calling holding at this point.

He and Nevis have shown they're better than the other team's 2s or 3s.  They need reps against the 1s now.

Guest TeamLoloJones

What a game by Caesar tonight. He solidified a spot on the 53. Same with Howell.

Agreed.  And how about Nevis? He might be seeing some 1st team reps with that performance.  And Walden looked like he heard all the hate comin at him and showed up tonight.

I have heard all this stuff about Werner has been unimpressive, not getting off the ball.  But he seems solid tonight.

But Rayford looked like Dwight Freeney tonight ;)

I think most of that stuff about Werner came from some college nerd who writes for stampede blue....whose standards are pretty low.

Agreed.  And how about Nevis? He might be seeing some 1st team reps with that performance.  And Walden looked like he heard all the hate comin at him and showed up tonight.

When you hear about Nevis you always hear how he doesn't really fit a 3/4 defense yet every time you turn around he's making plays.  There has to be a spot on this team for him some where.

I think most of that stuff about Werner came from some college nerd who writes for stampede blue....whose standards are pretty low.

I think you're dead wrong.

No way that hack at stampede blue ever went to college!  Well, maybe an internet college...  

He and Nevis have shown they're better than the other team's 2s or 3s.  They need reps against the 1s now.

I so badly want Drake Nevis in the starting line up. He is lighting it up and I feel would be better than Redding if given the chance and would be versatile to play 3 and 4 man fronts as a DL more than Redding.

Caesar definitely is a lock to be a back up for his position, IMO. 2nd string at minimum and in the 53 for sure.

What a game by Caesar tonight. He solidified a spot on the 53. Same with Howell.

He could lose that spot (I don't even think he secured it tonight) with a bad performance next week. He didn't secure anything. With the exception of about 30, no spots are solidified. 

Werner looks like a good pick, and Caesar is making himself too noticeable to not make the final 53.  I always thought Nevis was one of the few bright spots of late Polian drafts and I'd like to see him get more opportunities to play when it counts.

Nevis always gives great effort

When you hear about Nevis you always hear how he doesn't really fit a 3/4 defense yet every time you turn around he's making plays.  There has to be a spot on this team for him some where.

I've heard that several times and have always countered by saying that, well for one I disagree that he doesn't fit a 3-4.  I think he does and plays well...not great but well and hopefully experience and practice can help him get even better.  Secondly, even if he wasn't a fit in a 3-4, that's not really where his value is to us anyway.  His value is in the middle of a 4 man front in our nickel looks.  He brings a very good and very consistent interior pass rush which is something we haven't had in a LONG time.  Between Nevis, Redding, RJF (hopefully), Hughes (Hopefully) and even Ricardo Matthews, we should be able to have a consistent interior pass rush.  

I've heard that several times and have always countered by saying that, well for one I disagree that he doesn't fit a 3-4.  I think he does and plays well...not great but well and hopefully experience and practice can help him get even better.  Secondly, even if he wasn't a fit in a 3-4, that's not really where his value is to us anyway.  His value is in the middle of a 4 man front in our nickel looks.  He brings a very good and very consistent interior pass rush which is something we haven't had in a LONG time.  Between Nevis, Redding, RJF (hopefully), Hughes (Hopefully) and even Ricardo Matthews, we should be able to have a consistent interior pass rush.  

I think when people think of 3-4 they think automatically that the front 3 will ALWAYS be your run stoppers and your OLB's will always be your pass rushers, simply not the case, While certain principles of the 3-4 are the same, there are different variations of the 3-4 and we dont run a strictly 3-4 anyway, We run a Multiple Defense just like we wont run a strictly west coast offense, I look for it to be a Multiple Offense where ALL of our players that will be on the field on offense strengths will be utilized, that in my opinion is 1 extremely important key in good coaching, to affectively exploit not only the defense but to do it using your players strengths moreso then a strict guideline of play calls

To be fair, isn't he doing most of his damage in more traditional 4 man fronts?