Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

To me, "elite" isn't measured by rings.

Okay your opinion I feel ya  ,  But I disagree  until Peyton got his ring most media & analysts  said he needed to win in the playoffs to  take his place amongst the elite QB's  . IMO being the best in the regular season only matters if you win the SB & get the bling ..  Being elite at home during the playoffs is nothing special .

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay your opinion I feel ya  ,  But I disagree  until Peyton got his ring most media & analysts  said he needed to win in the playoffs to  take his place amongst the elite QB's  . IMO being the best in the regular season only matters if you win the SB & get the bling ..  Being elite at home during the playoffs is nothing special .

So then how is Luck "elite" already? ;)

So is Dan Marino not elite?

I love that set up.  It's going to be a nightmare for a D that's gone to its nickel or dime package.

Ran 5 wide once I believe. Hilton Wayne Fleener on 1 side in bunch and DHB on other with Allen lined in-line on left side. Not fun time for LBs!!

Sorry if posted already:

@gmbremer: Josh Chapman made the play of the day, pushing a double team into 2 other players and wiping out 4 OLs on a run play. #ColtsCamp

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.  :headspin:

Sorry if posted already:

@gmbremer: Josh Chapman made the play of the day, pushing a double team into 2 other players and wiping out 4 OLs on a run play. #ColtsCamp

Yesterday he was a boulder in the middle of that D. Satele and McGlynn doubled him and he still pushed them back. low to the ground and solid and he did a great job!!

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.  :headspin:

Yesterday he was a boulder in the middle of that D. Satele and McGlynn doubled him and he still pushed them back. low to the ground and solid and he did a great job!!

Some guys are just unblockable. Reminds me of Jamal Williams. One can only hope that Chapman can be that immovable object in the center of our defense. Would do a ton to improve our run stopping.

I don't want to derail the camp thread with a(nother) debate about quarterback status. All I'm saying is that I don't equate "elite" with "has won a championship." They're not entirely independent of each other, of course, but one does not equal another.

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 2hThere have been a lot of four-WR sets involving Allen and Fleener. Moving both players around to create weird formations

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 3h

Luck should have an underneath option open much more in this offense. Lot of pass plays where a RB is leaking into the flats.

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 3h
.@Colts365 RJF had a really good play where he just threw Donald Thomas to the ground. Doesn't mean anything, but still showed his power.

Either Chapman is going to be great or Satele and McGlynn are terrible. On the camp updates it was reported that Chapman collapsed McGlynn and Satele into the pocket knocking down those 2 and two others, a TE and another OT.

Fleener can't block. I dony think Allen should ever come off the field. If he wants to punt and kick fg, let him do that too.

Goodluck, take a moment and think about your post.

If Fleener stays on while Allen is off, it's most likely a pass play & last I checked Fleener is faster & a much taller target to hit going down the seam.

That being said, if it is a run play Fleener is better at blocking than at least 2 of our offensive lineman maybe more.

.@Colts365 RJF had a really good play where he just threw Donald Thomas to the ground. Doesn't mean anything, but still showed his power.

I wonder if that was a run situation or a pass situation. Donald Thomas has some technique issues in run blocking, leaves him susceptible to a push/pull move that could put him on the ground.

During a practice like this, I know they are running 7-7 drills and 11-11 drills, but I have 2 questions.

1. When I watched 7-7 at mini camp, they did not advance the ball, they stayed at one spot and just took snaps, is that what they are doing here or are they advancing the ball upon completions?

2. How many sequences/drives is Andrew Luck seeing daily? I see that he was 17/22 today, but how many drives did it take to get there? 22 passes is not enough for our franchise QB and I am getting worried that this "downhill running game" crap is getting out of hand. He needs around 30-35 opportunities a game, IMO.

During a practice like this, I know they are running 7-7 drills and 11-11 drills, but I have 2 questions.

1. When I watched 7-7 at mini camp, they did not advance the ball, they stayed at one spot and just took snaps, is that what they are doing here or are they advancing the ball upon completions?

2. How many sequences/drives is Andrew Luck seeing daily? I see that he was 17/22 today, but how many drives did it take to get there? 22 passes is not enough for our franchise QB and I am getting worried that this "downhill running game" crap is getting out of hand. He needs around 30-35 opportunities a game, IMO.

Answer to question #1

That's just like high school football 7-7. You don't advance the ball you try to score from a select point on the field. It's meant to work on hands for the offense and coverage for the defense. Timing between throws etc etc.

In high school, the QB has 4-5 seconds to release the ball or it's a sack

This could be wrong but it's probably right as this is how it's usually done

I don't want to derail the camp thread with a(nother) debate about quarterback status. All I'm saying is that I don't equate "elite" with "has won a championship." They're not entirely independent of each other, of course, but one does not equal another.

I got ya , a Joe Flacco   Trent Dilfer  . 

Don't worry yourself about Luck's attempts. We're going to throw the ball plenty, but we're not going to throw it just because "he needs 30-35 passes a game."

And the number of throws he attempts in an afternoon of camp has nothing to do with how many throws he'll make during games. Absolutely nothing.