Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heads up, Coby Fleener doing a AMA on reddit, July 25.

coltmb

I only have two questions - what's an AMA and what's a Reddit?

Apparently, "Reddit" is a huge message board and "AMA" is "Ask me anything".

I have some questions,

Are you going to show up this year and play up to your potential?

Are you going to stay healthy this year or are you an injury-prone kind of guy?

Are you going to become a good blocker or does somebody else have to do this job for you?

I have some questions,

Are you going to become a good blocker or does somebody else have to do this job for you?

He already is a good blocker.

I have some questions,

So you would ask questions in a very rude manner?

Edited by 21isSuperman

I have some questions,

So your going to insult him by asking questions about thing that were out of his control? I have a question for you. Why is it you call yourself a Colts fan? 

So your going to insult him by asking questions about thing that were out of his control? I have a question for you. Why is it you call yourself a Colts fan? 

Hey, I AM a Colts fan, but I am not a "mindless cheerleader" type fan.

Fleener was a disappointment last year...that's how it is.  He needs to be much better this year and also show he is tough enough to play in this physical NFL game without being regularly out injured.

Fleener was a disappointment last year...that's how it is. He needs to be much better this year and also show he is tough enough to play in this physical NFL game without being regularly out injured.

I know right? How dare fleener not come out and dominate the league in his rookie year? I mean guys like Gonzales, gates, gronk, jimmy graham...I mean they all dominated from day one right? On wait, no they didn't.

Fleener was not so much a disappointment as he was a rookie.

Fleener was a disappointment last year...that's how it is.  He needs to be much better this year and also show he is tough enough to play in this physical NFL game without being regularly out injured.

A 'mindless cheerleader' type fan?  The top present day TE in the league right now is Tony Gonzalez career wise. His rookie stats are 33 catches for 368 yards and 2 TDs. He also didn't miss games due to injury. In your comment you stated was Fleener injury prone. Can that be in question in 1 season? Would the fact that Luck force fed Wayne too much and the catches of all of the other receivers were down due to that fact? Did Arians offensive plans go to Fleener that much? There have been very few receivers that have came into the NFL and made a big impact their first year. I don't think any other Colt fan in here that made a response to you is even close to being considered a mindless cheerleader. It is thought by the larger majority of all football minds that it take 2 to 3 years for a receiver to learn and grasp playing in the NFL. I would hope you would think about your questions and reconsider the validity of your questions. 

Question for you CanuckColt... Is the Canuck part of your name mean you're a Vancouver hockey fan?  If so, that explains the negative disposition.  Maybe your question for Fleener could speak to his childhood in Illinois and ask if he is a Blackhawks fan.  You know Stanley Cup champs eh?   

i want to do an AMA... sounds fun... any ?s anyone??? 

Yes.

How did you come up with your user name?

What's your favorite color?

What is the average speed of a swallow?

Yes.

How did you come up with your user name?  It is my first name.

What's your favorite color?  Colt's blue 

Are you going to show up this year and play up to your potential?  I have worked hard this off-season and plan to do everything I can to help the Colts win

Are you going to stay healthy this year or are you an injury-prone kind of guy?  I am 100% and am no more at risk for injury than anyone else

Are you going to become a good blocker or does somebody else have to do this job for you?   Someone else

What is the average speed of a swallow?   Easy.  The average wing speed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is right around 24 mph.

i want to do an AMA... sounds fun... any ?s anyone??? 

Yes.

Are you going to show up this year and play up to your potential?  I have worked hard this off-season and plan to do everything I can to help the Colts win

Are you going to stay healthy this year or are you an injury-prone kind of guy?  I am 100% and am no more at risk for injury than anyone else

Are you going to become a good blocker or does somebody else have to do this job for you?   Someone else

What is the average speed of a swallow?   Easy.  The average wing speed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is right around 24 mph.

I only have two questions - what's an AMA and what's a Reddit?

Reddit 'tis a silly place full of cats and immature people who claim to have done many inappropriate things to everyone's mother. 

But really it is just a site where people post pictures, memes, videos etc. Pretty much anything of interest or value on the internet all in one convenient location.

Reddit 'tis a silly place full of cats and immature people who claim to have done many inappropriate things to everyone's mother. 

But really it is just a site where people post pictures, memes, videos etc. Pretty much anything of interest or value on the internet all in one convenient location.

As part of the anti-social network, I'll avoid it.  I wanted to start the opposite of Facebook.  But that name was already taken.  And you can guess what's there.

Maybe, that's all reddit is if you are only subbed to the default subreddits. IMO reddit awesome and gets better the farther you get away from the default subreddits, where it's not just pictures of cats and meme's. First thing i did when I made a reddit account was, Unsubbed from /r/aethism, /r/aww. and /r/adviceanimals.(/r/aethism isnt a defualt subreddit anymore tho).

Maybe, that's all reddit is if you are only subbed to the default subreddits. IMO reddit awesome and gets better the farther you get away from the default subreddits, where it's not just pictures of cats and meme's. First thing i did when I made a reddit account was, Unsubbed from /r/aethism, /r/aww. and /r/adviceanimals.(/r/aethism isnt a defualt subreddit anymore tho).

I agree. If you get away from /r/aww and /r/advice animals then it's a lot better. Otherwise you will get swamped by confession bears haha

I agree. If you get away from /r/aww and /r/advice animals then it's a lot better. Otherwise you will get swamped by confession bears haha

My general rule of thumb is the more specific the subreddit the better it is. The broad subreddits of /r/politics or /r/atheism and the like usually just lead to lots of internet fights but subreddits devoted to a single tv show or video game or whatever are usually pretty civil and very informative.

I know right? How dare fleener not come out and dominate the league in his rookie year? I mean guys like Gonzales, gates, gronk, jimmy graham...I mean they all dominated from day one right? On wait, no they didn't.

Fleener was not so much a disappointment as he was a rookie.

OK, we will all give him one "Mulligan".

Yes.

Are you going to stay healthy this year or are you an injury-prone kind of guy?  I am 100% and am no more at risk for injury than anyone else

Are you going to become a good blocker or does somebody else have to do this job for you?   Someone else

What is the average speed of a swallow?   Easy.  The average wing speed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is right around 24 mph.

Ha, ha, ha...priceless!

Question for you CanuckColt... Is the Canuck part of your name mean you're a Vancouver hockey fan?  If so, that explains the negative disposition.  Maybe your question for Fleener could speak to his childhood in Illinois and ask if he is a Blackhawks fan.  You know Stanley Cup champs eh?   

lmao

No...there is no association with the Vancouver hockey team, don't much care for them...and I really can't stand the Blackhawks, the Redwings should have taken them out...Blackhawks lucked out.

I just don't like Fleener...thought he was over-rated for the draft and was not happy with us taking him at the top of the 2nd...and I don't think he is ever going to be a star in this league.  Dwayne Allen is 'the man' at TE for the Colts, he does it all at the TE position (and even did some effective FB work).  Fleener is not going to be one of our 'bookend' TEs, he is going to be our 'secondary' TE.....IMHO.

Somewhat more on topic the subreddit for the nfl is one of the best. http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/

Yup, I love the NFL subreddit, it's my favorite place to go for NFL General commenting. It's such a different atmosphere than say the comment section on NFL.com. There's a lot of your fan trash talk still, but it's more for the sake of humor than fan wars. It's also very up to date with news, and the reddit commenting format just gives a fresh perspective to topics by presenting the best points, jokes, memes, and stories right in order of popularity so you don't have to see the comments that aren't funny, are not on topic, and or are just plane dull. xD 

Also having your team affiliator gives so much more context to some comments lol

For a good laugh people interested should read this thread.. http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1fce8o/offseason_trash_talk_thread/ But be warned, it may and probably will contain some language as Reddit does not moderate language.