Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smith no show at Sanchez camp

amfootball

well, they are competing at the same spot

wouldn't he appear 'less than' by going?

Yeah, I agree. Kind of an awkward situation for a guy who's trying to compete for the starting job. So much of Jets West is about Sanchez flexing his leadership muscles. Bringing everyone to his place, leading practices, leading film sessions. Tebow went last year and Brunell went the year before, but neither of those guys were legitimate competition for Sanchez. And there was no media access those off seasons and this year for the first time ever Sanchez decided to add a media day. Just awkward.

Still, if he thought he could learn anything at all then he probably should've gone. Deal with the awkwardness and learn as much as possible to beat Sanchez out.

You gotta love Stephen A. Smith's comment "on a fast track to nowhere" & Skip Bayless's comment "Mark Sanchez is whistling through the graveyard." :thmup:  The real question is how quickly will Rex Ryan be fired? Will he actually be allowed to finish the season or not?

I do love a good train wreck though. To paraphrase WR Terrell Owens "I've got my popcorn ready!" [& my 3D glasses too] MMM...MMM good! :lol:

stock-photo-portrait-of-scared-man-watch

Were talking about Mark Sanchez Camp here on passing....Mark Sanchez......Not Joe Namath..........No big deal

This.  For all we know, Geno could be learning from Joe Montana right now.  While cohesion with teammates is important, he's probably going to be "2nd string" in whatever Sanchez is doing right now.  He probably needs to focus on preparing himself, mechanics, etc.

No big deal on this.

And he is missing out on exactly what?

A golden opportunity to learn the art of throwing interceptions?

Normally, I don't kick a QB when his job & NFL livelihood is on the line, but darn PAC56 that was hilarious!  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

When most people refer to "crack," they are usually referring to an illegal narcotic not Mr. Butt Fumble Sanchez. Sorry Mark that's gotta hurt man...

It's hard to believe that Mark Sanchez got the Jets close to a SB appearance in the 1st couple of seasons at the helm as the starting QB isn't it? It's seems so bizarre to acknowledge that now...

If I was Smith, I would want Sanchez to start the season. Why should he get creamed with no real WRs & TEs to throw to? Besides Mark Sanchez is no leader. He instills no confidence in anyone. The fan base is threw with Sanchez. Just ask Fireman Ed.

Darn Shakedownstreet, your avatar makes me finally understand what the expression: "A face that only a mother can love." 1 Question: Is the mother blind too? because that would help tremendously. haha

Perhaps, reading this children's book will give your avatar some peace of mind too...Just Joking again SDS...

27380.jpg

It's hard to believe that Mark Sanchez got the Jets close to a SB appearance in the 1st couple of seasons at the helm as the starting QB isn't it? It's seems so bizarre to acknowledge that now...

If I was Smith, I would want Sanchez to start the season. Why should he get creamed with no real WRs & TEs to throw to? Besides Mark Sanchez is no leader. He instills no confidence in anyone. The fan base is threw with Sanchez. Just ask Fireman Ed.

After last season and all its ugliness you would figure the Jets would make some big changes and they began to with getting a new GM but yet kept the same coach and same QB.  And then they draft Smith who everyone was down on before and after the draft. I really don't know how much that fanbase is supposed to take. During mini-camp Ryan said the receivers they do have were dropping a ton of balls. I didn't think it was possible but the Jets may be much worse this year then last year ...

If I was a Jets fan (and by the grace of God I'm not!) I wouldn't be too excited about Smith.  His pouty little display at the draft when he wasn't taken in the first round revealed a lot about his character, and it wasn't pretty. Not a guy you would want as a teammate.

If I was a Jets fan (and by the grace of God I'm not!) I wouldn't be too excited about Smith.  His pouty little display at the draft when he wasn't taken in the first round revealed a lot about his character, and it wasn't pretty. Not a guy you would want as a teammate.

No argument there HTC, but what make me roll me eyes was when Smith said that the Jets would make the Playoffs this year. Yeah right, keep telling yourself that kid & I will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge too.  haha

he was a big baby at west virginia too