Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Schlereth Tapes Surfaces.....

NewColtsFan

Oh and the Miami reasoning for a playoff berth was comical....       On NFL live TODAY.

Schlereth..  "what Tannehill did last season was PHENOMENAL" .     LOL   , add Mike Wallace and Miami is a playoff contender.

hehe   Guess Andrew really did sneak up on every one.        Cause Tannehill is getting the love to GET BETTER....    unreal.

oh and  Jason Taylor..   "Indy has done little to improve their OL" ...  

I could go on and on...     I do not listen to ESPeoN too much anymore.     Unless one of my teams are directly in the mix.

They are clowns.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The :colts: will go 2-14 this season. The loss of Bruce Arians' is just too much for them to overcome. Arians was the best thing for the Colts since Peyton Manning

Wow, making predictions without real explanations as to why I made the prediction is FUN!!!

:funny:

Luck may miss Bruce Arians but I think he's more than good enough to excel under any of a number of offensive coordinators..

Mark Schlereth doesnt believe in our offensive line NOW.......as compared to last year? 

Playoff-caliber is a vauge phrase......we coild be 10-6 and miss the playoffs like the Bears did...

But barring injury, there wont be any offemnsive slump. We werent that good on offense last year.

Rebuit line....Darius Heyward Bey replacing Doinnie Avery.. Ahmad Bradshaw ADDED to Ballard and Brown.

3 or 4 free agent acquisitions on defense.....starters?

We may not be as lucky. We may not win 11 times.....

But we'll be better than 2012......

I agree with Commissioner  D.....These guys just dont study all 32 teams..and they always know much more about the Jets and Giants, Patriots and Cowboys than they do Indy, Houston, Jacksonville and Tennessee.....

Good post, OUM....

I think one of your better ones....    Hope lots of Colts fans will take the time to read it...

Really good post....!      :thmup:

I took NCF's advice & re-read OUM's original post. NCF was right. That was a well written post. "Playoff caliber team" is a very misleading phrase. You are correct OUM. So much goes into that health, continuity of linemen & the instruction the are receiving simple repetition vs sophisticated concepts & cerebral schemes, the quality of defensive line rotations & when you do it, getting our running backs to the second level, and the calm demeanor of everyone on the field regardless of what the score board says. 

Small market teams do largely get ignored by key reporters at ESPN. Mort strikes me as incredibly lazy as a reporter. I can't picture him trying to learn about our new RB rotation & even then Mort would focus completely on Bradshaw & totally ignore Ballard & Brown because he is familiar with covering Bradshaw in NY with Big Blue & the Giants...

Oh and the Miami reasoning for a playoff berth was comical....       On NFL live TODAY.

Schlereth..  "what Tannehill did last season was PHENOMENAL" .     LOL   , add Mike Wallace and Miami is a playoff contender.

hehe   Guess Andrew really did sneak up on every one.        Cause Tannehill is getting the love to GET BETTER....    unreal.

I could go on and on...     I do not listen to ESPeoN too much anymore.     Unless one of my teams are directly in the mix.

They are clowns.  

Kudos to you sir for being able to actually watch this stuff. I stopped for the offseason pretty much outside of some draft coverage. I might start up again later but it's nice not to have to listen to arguments about why the Dolphins are suddenly all the rage, the Texans/Bengals are bringing sexy back and why the Steelers are going to morph back into a feared machine again due to reputation.

Although I wouldn't be too unhappy if the Dolphins you know...surprisingly went and won the AFC East or something.

I am neutral on the AFC North. I still favor the Ravens and think they are getting overly trashed this offseason but that division seems to switch up at times too. However, the Ravens seem to be one of those teams who usually find their way into the playoffs regardless.

Both John Dee & TK85 do make excellent points. Aside from a franchise starting QB being injured, no coordinator leaving [bruce Arians] is going to cripple the Colts or foreshadow a catastrophic demise or an automatic elimination from the Playoffs in our 2nd season under a new coaching regime. 

"Schlereth..  "what Tannehill did last season was PHENOMENAL" .     LOL   , add Mike Wallace and Miami is a playoff contender." Whoa, I expect more from Mark Schlereth. Sigh...Very disappointing. Sure Mark the Patriots in the AFC East always win the division, but suddenly the addition of Wallace is going make Miami set the NFL world on fire? Crazy Mark...Just crazy...Wait, is this because Wallace was a WR for your beloved Steelers last year?  haha  What going from 2 wins to 11 wins doesn't qualify as phenomenal? Sure Mark is INDY is just a bunch of lucky no name slackers.  :lol:  My respect for you is beginning to fade fast Mark.

To be fair to Mark, I will watch NFL LIVE today taped in my DVR 1st before I condemn Mr. Schlereth...

Has nothing to do with being a small market team

Have you noticed the pacers for years have been underrated and underdogs? Just like the colts, the pacers could be a legitimate team, but the media favors other teams. We don't even have a MLB team. Being small market means less money. Obviously it has something to do with being a small market team.

A good & effective method cranium cramp, but truthfully my preferred method of coerced persuasion is Black Metal in a foreign language at full blast for 72 hours straight accompanied with brilliant, flashing strobe lights. Trust me, the reporter will realize the error of their ways...

The darker the metal band, the heavier the band the better IMHO. What is torture to others is a pleasant day of music to me.

In all seriousness, I am well versed in the principles of this document & would never mistreat anyone. I just needed to state that fact publicly. Thank you.

Geneva-Convention-2.jpg

I can see where you are cvoming from, however since the constitution and the bill of right mean very little to our government when dealing with american citizens then I have to say that the Geneva Convention means nothing to me.

I thought since you were nice enough to make yourself clear, then I should be also.

Have you noticed the pacers for years have been underrated and underdogs? Just like the colts, the pacers could be a legitimate team, but the media favors other teams. We don't even have a MLB team. Being small market means less money. Obviously it has something to do with being a small market team.

It may matter in other leagues because of no salary cap or players reluctance to play in small markets, but those problems don't exist in the NFL. Big markers may get more media attention, but that is simple economics from an ESPN point of view. People don't underrate the Packers, Steelers or Broncos due to being a small market.

After reading the title I expected something. Well, dirty. I don't put any credence into anything he... or anyone else who works for ESPN for that matter.

Yeah I've had enough of it too. For good football talk, I like the NFL Channel on SiriusXM. A lot of good, honest football banter without the nonsense. I don't get it any more, but it really is a good station.

So yeah the constitution of the United States has laid the framework for the 2012 Indianapolis Colts to get lucky and finish 11-5.

/thread

Anywho, even if the Cots were lucky and won 11 games, that record itself will have nothing to do with this year. The Colts were in tightly contested games due to a lack of talent and numerous rookies in key positions. Given the off season changes and expected growh of players, those same close games from last year wouldn't be as close this year, in essence leaving little room to doubt the validity of this Colts team as a contender.

Technically, his statements are true.  The loss of Arians will hurt and our offensive line is shaky.  However, he is ignoring important facts.  We lost Arians, but we brought in Pep and Hasselbeck.  Our O-line is shaky, but we brought in a lot of guys to compete for starting jobs

Do not see our O-Line being worse or shaky it doesnt take professional players years to jell as people like to say.They are professionals been playing their positions for years learning a couple of sneak plays wont take years to learn.

This is the type of stuff that cracks me up.

We added the highest rated right tackle in free agency, and a highly rated left guard as well. That's 40% of our offensive line that should be better right away. Then we drafted two offensive linemen that might challenge for starting spots this season. Now it's possible that none of these acquisitions works out, but we did attempt to address the weaknesses on the offensive line. Anyone that says with a straight face that we've done little to improve the offensive line is not paying attention.

And that's why guys like this ought not give predictions and projections, because they don't pay attention to this kind of stuff. I learn a lot from former players when they break down film, when they talk about game plans and whatnot. Trent Dilfer is one of the best, in my opinion. But all this "let me tell you why this team isn't going to make the playoffs" type nonsense, in June, is ridiculous.

This is the type of stuff that cracks me up.

We added the highest rated right tackle in free agency, and a highly rated left guard as well. That's 40% of our offensive line that should be better right away. Then we drafted two offensive linemen that might challenge for starting spots this season. Now it's possible that none of these acquisitions works out, but we did attempt to address the weaknesses on the offensive line. Anyone that says with a straight face that we've done little to improve the offensive line is not paying attention.

And that's why guys like this ought not give predictions and projections, because they don't pay attention to this kind of stuff. I learn a lot from former players when they break down film, when they talk about game plans and whatnot. Trent Dilfer is one of the best, in my opinion. But all this "let me tell you why this team isn't going to make the playoffs" type nonsense, in June, is ridiculous.

lol...agreed.  we brought in 2 FA's and 2 high draft picks to compete for 4 out of the 5 spots on the OL but we didn't do much to address the OL?!?  Riiiigggghhhhttt.

Maybe I'm the only one but I feel we will have a vastly better team but a worse record this year. I really think we are a 10-6 football team....with a year of seasoning and a move or two away from competing for the SB. I still think we are a playoff team though. It is really going to come down to if these OL moves improve us much and if we can generate a pass rush....I think we overachieved last year....we benefited from the easiest schedule in football and caught some teams unexpectedly (green bay). I think we lose some more games because we step up in competition but we have a more complete football team.

Maybe I'm the only one but I feel we will have a vastly better team but a worse record this year. I really think we are a 10-6 football team....with a year of seasoning and a move or two away from competing for the SB. I still think we are a playoff team though. It is really going to come down to if these OL moves improve us much and if we can generate a pass rush....I think we overachieved last year....we benefited from the easiest schedule in football and caught some teams unexpectedly (green bay). I think we lose some more games because we step up in competition but we have a more complete football team.

The Colts caught Green Bay unexpectedly? GB was winning was up 21 at half.

And I'm not sure why you expect a worse record this season. If the Colts are truly a vastly superior team this season, the should be able to match last years over achieving mark.

The Colts caught Green Bay unexpectedly? GB was winning was up 21 at half.

And I'm not sure why you expect a worse record this season. If the Colts are truly a vastly superior team this season, the should be able to match last years over achieving mark.

Any given sunday still applies. I think the GB game caught them off guard because I think the Colts were playing inspired football after their coach was announced with cancer and it was a trap game for GB. Sandwiched between games between NO and HOU. GB should have won that game easily if they would have finished....give the Colts credit they played tough but GB even had a chance to send it into OT with the last FG....certainly it wasn't unmakable. Point being the Colts schedule gets a great deal tougher this Season and other teams have improved as well. I think Tenn has improved alot and they alway play us well. Anyone can improve and still lose more games...if their competition gets better. We won't be playing a last place schedule this year either and the toughest division in football we have 4 games against....SF and SEA....will take an epic game to beat....STL is waaay better...and ARZ is no slouch....and Arians knows a lot about our players but we know alot about him. Throw in Denver this year and teams like Cincy and Houston...10-6 I think is a good record....11-5 again would be awesome...improved squad doesn't always equal wins...its hard to squeeze out more than 11......really hard...even for a team like NE or Denver.

This Schlereth tape???

LoL

Rock Hudson's book is called "Repeat Offender". Is that just another name for constantly downplaying analysis of how the Colts will perform every single season or Mark's average acting ability? LOL! To be fair, Mark does routinely mock his acting ability. I will admit that & I have seen him do that on "NFL Live" more than once.

After reading the title I expected something. Well, dirty. I don't put any credence into anything he... or anyone else who works for ESPN for that matter.

Yes, the phrase "The Schlereth Tapes" does conjure up say an image of say Tommy Lee & Pamela Anderson or some more provocative...Forget it. I don't want a Mark Schlereth unsavory image scorched into to my memory banks for all eternity man. I wouldn't wish that on my arch nemesis... :Yikes::omg::eek:

Any given sunday still applies. I think the GB game caught them off guard because I think the Colts were playing inspired football after their coach was announced with cancer and it was a trap game for GB. Sandwiched between games between NO and HOU. GB should have won that game easily if they would have finished....give the Colts credit they played tough but GB even had a chance to send it into OT with the last FG....certainly it wasn't unmakable. Point being the Colts schedule gets a great deal tougher this Season and other teams have improved as well. I think Tenn has improved alot and they alway play us well. Anyone can improve and still lose more games...if their competition gets better. We won't be playing a last place schedule this year either and the toughest division in football we have 4 games against....SF and SEA....will take an epic game to beat....STL is waaay better...and ARZ is no slouch....and Arians knows a lot about our players but we know alot about him. Throw in Denver this year and teams like Cincy and Houston...10-6 I think is a good record....11-5 again would be awesome...improved squad doesn't always equal wins...its hard to squeeze out more than 11......really hard...even for a team like NE or Denver.

Other than SF, Seadderall, and Denver a lot those teams could be mediocre for all we know.

Here's Mark Schlereth's tape where he predicts the Colts will have a good season,  but not a playoff caliber season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/50864/video-schlereth-on-afc-playoff-field

Also,  today, he was on SportsCenter and the topic was which of the Big 3 Rookie QB's will have a Sophomore slump...   RG3/Wilson/Luck...

He said Luck because he'll miss Arians and because Schlereth doesn't believe in our offensive line. 

Yes you're right, he really does hate our line, not just doesn't believe in them, I heard him talking about it on the radio.  I was like, "is this REALLY Schlereth talking about our o-line"?

Yes you're right, he really does hate our line, not just doesn't believe in them, I heard him talking about it on the radio.  I was like, "is this REALLY Schlereth talking about our o-line"?

Wait!    Hold on!    That's not what I said he said.   Schlereth doesn't say that at all.

He doesn't hate the line.   He simply isn't convinced that it's all that good.    There's a big difference.

Look....   Schlereth was an 'effort' type player.   He wasn't blessed with great physical gifts.   But he was smart and willing and worked hard.   I think he had roughly 20-25 surgeries during his day.   He was a tough guy.   The guy knows OL.    I just think he's not convinced about us.....   yet.

He may be once we show what we can do.   We need to prove we have a good OL.    But I don't think he hates our line at all.

I want to be clear about that.     Don't use the 'hate' word.    Not yet.    Not very good is a long way from hate....

Hope that clarifies....

Wait!    Hold on!    That's not what I said he said.   Schlereth doesn't say that at all.

He doesn't hate the line.   He simply isn't convinced that it's all that good.    There's a big difference.

Look....   Schlereth was an 'effort' type player.   He wasn't blessed with great physical gifts.   But he was smart and willing and worked hard.   I think he had roughly 20-25 surgeries during his day.   He was a tough guy.   The guy knows OL.    I just think he's not convinced about us.....   yet.

He may be once we show what we can do.   We need to prove we have a good OL.    But I don't think he hates our line at all.

I want to be clear about that.     Don't use the 'hate' word.    Not yet.    Not very good is a long way from hate....

Hope that clarifies....

thanks for clarification.  He's not our biggest fan let's put it that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Which is why I have the Bengals winning that division this year

browns will sneak in there, somehow. I say it to myself every night before I go to sleep. Browns will win AFC North, Browns will win AFC North.  I see no reason why this shouldn't work. :goodluck:

browns will sneak in there, somehow. I say it to myself every night before I go to sleep. Browns will win AFC North, Browns will win AFC North.  I see no reason why this shouldn't work. :goodluck:

Browns are putting some pieces together imo. Unfortunately, they play in a tough division.