Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Andrew Luck be ranked above Robert Griffin III on the Top 100?

ColtsBTM12

This is a topic that analysts have talked about over the last few weeks and I cannot believe how many of them think that Luck will not. The way I see it, Luck started an ENTIRE season without injury and won more games than RG3 did last year. He also had more yards and TD passes along with all of the 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives that he executed. Robert Griffin III had a better completion percentage, however, a big part of that is because he did not throw the ball nearly as much and when he did it was short high-percentage passes.The fact that RG3 won Offensive Rookie of the Year just shows you that the award is nothing but a big popularity contest. It is up to the players votes though. Id love to see what everyone else thinks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RG3 is overrated he didn't even do that much last year Luck did way more than him and everybody plays favorite's and I don't think luck will be ranked above him just because all I have been hearing is Griffin this and Griffin that you never hear anything about luck and its ***************** Griffin will have his career cut short because he is injury prone and I think luck will win a super bowl before Griffin does.

This is a topic that analysts have talked about over the last few weeks and I cannot believe how many of them think that Luck will not. The way I see it, Luck started an ENTIRE season without injury and won more games than RG3 did last year. He also had more yards and TD passes along with all of the 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives that he executed. Robert Griffin III had a better completion percentage, however, a big part of that is because he did not throw the ball nearly as much and when he did it was short high-percentage passes.The fact that RG3 won Offensive Rookie of the Year just shows you that the award is nothing but a big popularity contest. It is up to the players votes though. Id love to see what everyone else thinks

It's a big popularity contest.....well.....because it's a contest about popularity...

and it's kinda big.

Once I saw 11 QBs rated above Big Ben, I knew it was a sham.   And I don't even like Big Ben.  But putting rookies above a two time Super Bowl winner in his prime.  It is a joke.

I think Andrew Luck summed it up best "I shouldn't even be on that list" or something like that.

Once I saw 11 QBs rated above Big Ben, I knew it was a sham. And I don't even like Big Ben. But putting rookies above a two time Super Bowl winner in his prime. It is a joke.

I think Andrew Luck summed it up best "I shouldn't even be on that list" or something like that.

Super Bowls had nothing to do with the list. It's based on how you performed in other player's eyes for the 2012 SEASON. So yes, Big Ben sucked this year as did the Steelers as a whole. That is why he was low on the list

Any list that has Dwight Freeney as a top 100 player of 2012 and a KR above Percy Harvin is worthless anyway.

Are you serious?! Dwight Freeney was a MONSTER this year! He was soo good that we let him go to ensure player safety in our division! Freeney was the BEST person on our defense this year

:sarcasm:lmao

I want a NFLs top 100 voted only by head coaches and GMs.

Players don't seem to understand top 100 >*of 2013*<

According to players, they don't even vote on it. Not sure why anyone pays attention to it.

Any list that has Dwight Freeney as a top 100 player of 2012 and a KR above Percy Harvin is worthless anyway.

I totally agree Dustin..

No way should Jacoby Jones be ranked higher than Harvin, but based off last year, and not counting Harvin's injury, you could make a case for Holliday from Denver as higher than Harvin as for KR/PR ..but overall...no way..Harvin is better all around than any other returner. Harvin is def a top 40 player if he could only stay healthy...

And, though I love Freeney..he shouldn't be listed as Top 100..we'll see if he can improve with SD..but methinks he won't...age catches up to everyone

Super Bowls had nothing to do with the list. It's based on how you performed in other player's eyes for the 2012 SEASON. So yes, Big Ben sucked this year as did the Steelers as a whole. That is why he was low on the list

You may want to actually go take a peek at Ben's stats before saying he sucked. He had a very good year and probably one of his best. Had he not been injured it easily could have been the Steelers in the playoffs instead of the Bengals.

You may want to actually go take a peek at Ben's stats before saying he sucked. He had a very good year and probably one of his best. Had he not been injured it easily could have been the Steelers in the playoffs instead of the Bengals.

Before he was injured there was MVP talk. I don't know where the "Ben sucked last year" perception comes from.

From a player's perspective. Aren't they the ones who vote on it? So if he's that low, then they didn't think to highly of him in 2012

From a player's perspective. Aren't they the ones who vote on it? So if he's that low, then they didn't think to highly of him in 2012

That's all well and good but I was referring to your comment in that you said "he sucked" to which he actually had a very good year despite being injured.

Really?? who cares who is ranked higher. in the end it is who comes up with the most super bowl wins. RGIII will be ranked higher because he is a dual threat, and prob not so much more if the skins decide to slow his running down a bit. the fact that RGIII only had 5 INT's to his 20 TD's shows he can protect the ball in the passing game. yeah we can make the argument that Luck had a horrible line, but honestly so did the skins when it came to pass protection. 

in the end, i hope both QB's turn out being HOF QB's because quite honestly im tired of hearing about Russel Wilson. but i do gotta say, he is just as good also. BUT we could not have gone wrong even if we got RGIII. both him and luck and really good QB's. both have strong arms, both are smart in the pocket. and i think both will get at least 1 Ring before they retire. 

Really?? who cares who is ranked higher. in the end it is who comes up with the most super bowl wins. RGIII will be ranked higher because he is a dual threat, and prob not so much more if the skins decide to slow his running down a bit. the fact that RGIII only had 5 INT's to his 20 TD's shows he can protect the ball in the passing game. yeah we can make the argument that Luck had a horrible line, but honestly so did the skins when it came to pass protection. 

in the end, i hope both QB's turn out being HOF QB's because quite honestly im tired of hearing about Russel Wilson. but i do gotta say, he is just as good also. BUT we could not have gone wrong even if we got RGIII. both him and luck and really good QB's. both have strong arms, both are smart in the pocket. and i think both will get at least 1 Ring before they retire. 

Hey, Wilson's going to be a threat in the NFC as well. He and Griffin are going to be going at it in crucial and probably postseason games for years to come. This QB class could turn out better than the '83 class.

I honestly could care less if RG3 ranks ahead of Luck.

So... you're saying you do care? :P

Completion percentage is generally something that isn't supposed to change based on volume of throws given that you have a sufficient sample size to start with.  That just isn't how percentages work.  Griffin did throw a higher percentage of his throws to the short area than Luck but he was more accurate than Luck throwing to virtually all areas of the field.  It's something that bears out both in the statistical splits and through the good old eyeball test.

Really, though, who seriously cares about these rankings?

No they didn't. Their pass blocking was above average.

I think you could make an argument that it wasn't. PFF has stats to show that RG3 had less time before he's sacked, by ~.4 of a second, than Luck did even with Washington being less of a vertical team than Indy was.

The scheme/offense Washington masked A LOT of their deficiencies where our scheme/offense exploited ours. That was my main problem with Arians.

Edit: Worded the above wrong about time to throw, should have been time before player is sacked.

So... you're saying you do care? :P

Completion percentage is generally something that isn't supposed to change based on volume of throws given that you have a sufficient sample size to start with.  That just isn't how percentages work.  Griffin did throw a higher percentage of his throws to the short area than Luck but he was more accurate than Luck throwing to virtually all areas of the field.  It's something that bears out both in the statistical splits and through the good old eyeball test.

Really, though, who seriously cares about these rankings?

That's not how math works. Completion percentage changes with every throw except if you're at 100% or 0%.

That's not how math works. Completion percentage changes with every throw except if you're at 100% or 0%.

I think you missed what he was saying. A percentage is just a ratio. Whether you were 5 of 10, or 30 of 60....its still 50%. I'm assuming his point was that if you're a 55% passer on average, then you'll be a 55% passer whether you attempt 200 or 400 passes. Think of it like probability.