Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any word on Icelandic strongman.....

needanoline63

6'9 400+lbs offensive lineman?? and its all muscle?? why the heck wouldnt we sign him?? even as a NT?? our luck houston, Tenn or Jax will sign him and he will be come pro bowler every year. * sarcasm *

but on the other hand.... oh well, who needs it, we need more RB's, and WR's anyway  * sarcasm *

This was obviously a joke, someone at 6'9 would not be a good fit for an NT.

However, I do believe as NFL scouting ranges extend beyond US borders, we will see more non-football guys entering the league at the non-skill positions due to their physical dominance. I think this year's draft is proof that we are heading that way.

6'9 400+lbs offensive lineman?? and its all muscle?? why the heck wouldnt we sign him?? even as a NT?? our luck houston, Tenn or Jax will sign him and he will be come pro bowler every year. * sarcasm *

but on the other hand.... oh well, who needs it, we need more RB's, and WR's anyway  * sarcasm *

Let's let him run the ball on goal line situations !!!

The story was that this is the guy in question: Hafthor Bjornsson.

If your name is Half Thor, then you better be awesome. Which he is.....

603842_367705173334097_691126189_n.jpg

I'm not sure if the screening process in Strongman competitions is anything like it is in the NFL.  His sample may be radioactive.  Those guys are notorious steroid abusers.

Yea, but has he ever played football? He'd have to pick up and learn very quickly the playbook, adjustments, tackling techniques, block shedding...

Don't get me wrong, I used to be the guy that wanted to sign Sumo Wrestlers from Japan, until I realized the NFL demands more than physicality.

• 2 weeks later...

It may have been a joke, but the actual Icelander retweeted Jim Irsay's tweet this morning. Interesting. post-1193-13697387719424_thumb.jpg

EDIT: No, the account is not verified, but he posts Instagram pictures of himself a lot. That's how I know he is the legit Thor Bjornsson.

The story was that this is the guy in question: Hafthor Bjornsson.

If your name is Half Thor, then you better be awesome. Which he is.....

603842_367705173334097_691126189_n.jpg

Actually, between those 2, I would rather take Arnold Schwarzenegger AKA "Dutch" from the film the "Predator"..."If it bleeds, we can kill it." Sounds tougher to me in the huddle.  :lol:  :funny: