Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Release Tim Tebow!

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow may be a victim of his own popularity.  

His huge fan base that think's he's Jesus in a football helmet, is a distraction on any team.  You take that away and his athletic ability, work ethic, and character would have a lot of coaches wanting him just to see what they could do with him. 

But since he's not really that good at playing quarterback, the distraction of his fan base alone can turn a lot of teams off.  

But without that, if I was a coach I'd at least want to bring him into camp and experiment with him at TE or RB.  Maybe even fullback.  

Watch New England...they could pick him up.

He'll have to renounce any claim to the QB position beyond 3rd string/emergency QB....but I wouldn't put it past Belichick and McDaniels to bring him in.

There have been rumors that the Pats are interested. I would love to see him in a Pats uniform. They guy is electric and brings a competitive spirit like no other. And unlikes the Jets, the Pats will actually utilize his skillset.

Yeah i can tell you where he will end up the CFL or another position other than QB.

his time is done in the nfl if he tries to continue there 

If he can't make it in the NFL, I was thinking he might do better in the arena league.  But he really aught to give another position a shot first.  If he could make for a decent RB, he would be scary because the safeties would have to be coached to stay in coverage until he crosses the line of scrimmage.  

He's not going to be a good NFL QB.  But he a good enough arm that a team could throw in some sort of option play where they give him the ball on a toss play and let him decide to either throw the ball if he's got a open receiver or just run it.  

And that fact would also mean that anyone that's in coverage would have to stay in coverage until he crosses the line of scrimmage.  

Instead of playing a running quarterback, he should play a passing running back.  

?

Traded picks for a player no longer on the roster.  I consider that a win?   :scratch:

I am not sure if you can credit Elway for the Jets ineptness. Ironically, there is another thread where some Bronc fans say the Denver run game was the issue against the Ravens. Tebow could have helped with that.

Tebow may be a victim of his own popularity.  

His huge fan base that think's he's Jesus in a football helmet, is a distraction on any team.  You take that away and his athletic ability, work ethic, and character would have a lot of coaches wanting him just to see what they could do with him. 

But since he's not really that good at playing quarterback, the distraction of his fan base alone can turn a lot of teams off.

But without that, if I was a coach I'd at least want to bring him into camp and experiment with him at TE or RB.  Maybe even fullback.  

There have been rumors that the Pats are interested. I would love to see him in a Pats uniform. They guy is electric and brings a competitive spirit like no other. And unlikes the Jets, the Pats will actually utilize his skillset.

You're both correct....I'm not a Pats fan (I don't hate them either) but my hunch is that Belichick would get a good measure of entertainment running Tebow in a FB dive for a TD against Rex Ryan's defense.

This all comes down to Tebow saying that the QB position is secondary to just making a roster and playing NFL football.

You're both correct....I'm not a Pats fan (I don't hate them either) but my hunch is that Belichick would get a good measure of entertainment running Tebow in a FB dive for a TD against Rex Ryan's defense.

This all comes down to Tebow saying that the QB position is secondary to just making a roster and playing NFL football.

And he won't...he's made it clear since he was coming out of college that he will only play QB. The Jets got around this by using some packages for him and putting him on ST. But the guy wants to be a QB, and I doubt his pride will let him switch to anything else. We'll see though. Maybe he just wants to be in the NFL period now, and playing QB doesn't matter.

As much as I hate New England, I respect them.  If they pick up Tebow, I'll be shocked.  Two reasons.  First, they don't do the circus thing.  I realize they have gone through Moss, Dillon, etc.  However, the risk isn't worth the possible positives that would come out of it.  Tebow fans are delusional, and think he did anything other than ride the defense and running game in Denver.  He's just bad.

Secondly, they actually do know what a good football player looks like.  He's not it.  They already upset Brady by letting Welker go, and bringing in Tebow would not make him happy, I'm sure.  

CFL, here he comes.

I am not sure if you can credit Elway for the Jets ineptness. Ironically, there is another thread where some Bronc fans say the Denver run game was the issue against the Ravens. Tebow could have helped with that.

He's right. Tebow would have never thrown that interception that Manning did in the Ravens game.  He would have never gotten it there.

As much as I hate New England, I respect them.  If they pick up Tebow, I'll be shocked.  Two reasons.  First, they don't do the circus thing.  I realize they have gone through Moss, Dillon, etc.  However, the risk isn't worth the possible positives that would come out of it.  Tebow fans are delusional, and think he did anything other than ride the defense and running game in Denver.  He's just bad.

Secondly, they actually do know what a good football player looks like.  He's not it.  They already upset Brady by letting Welker go, and bringing in Tebow would not make him happy, I'm sure.  

CFL, here he comes.

Why would Brady care if they brought in Tebow? He doesn't care about Mallett sitting on the bench behind him for the past three years. Having Tebow sit on the bench won't affect his mentality either. Brady knows that he's the starter and will be until he retires 4 or 5 years from now.

CFL, here he comes.

I don't disagree with you but a couple of things to consider, Pats love players that are versatile. Tebow fits that perfectly and he is a proven winner, has been his whole career. He is also a stand up teammate unlike Moss and Dillon. The circus would be intense but NE can handle that. Bill treats Foxboro and its happenings like it is the CIA. Brady would be happy with the signing. Another weapon on offense. Tebow would be behind Mallett if he is listed as a QB at all.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - religious
Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - religious

Why would Brady care if they brought in Tebow? He doesn't care about Mallett sitting on the bench behind him for the past three years. Having Tebow sit on the bench won't affect his mentality either. Brady knows that he's the starter and will be until he retires 4 or 5 years from now.

Mallett doesn't have a horde of delusional fans like Tebow.  One incomplete pass from Brady and they will call for Jesus to save them.  It has happened every stop he's had.  Religion is a powerful hallucinatory drug. 

He's right. Tebow would have never thrown that interception that Manning did in the Ravens game.  He would have never gotten it there.

He wouldn't have thrown the interception. He would have thrown a bomb over the CBs head and won the game in shocking fashion...

It will help that the Pat's already have an established starter at QB.  But like I said earlier, I would love to experiment with some sort of RB pass/run option with Tebow at RB.  

If the safeties come up and try to help in run support he can throw the ball to an open receiver.  If the safeties stay home in coverage he can run it against a defense that isn't getting any run support from the safeties.  

At the very least though, you are right he can run the ball in a goal line situation. 

Guess you missed his 80 yard TD pass to DT in the Steelers playoff game? I am not saying he would have been a QB over Manning but they could have used him in the run game. He only helped Denver to the #1 rushing offense in 2011.

I don't disagree with you but a couple of things to consider, Pats love players that are versatile. Tebow fits that perfectly and he is a proven winner, has been his whole career. He is also a stand up teammate unlike Moss and Dillon. The circus would be intense but NE can handle that. Bill treats Foxboro and its happenings like it is the CIA. Brady would be happy with the signing. Another weapon on offense. Tebow would be behind Mallett if he is listed as a QB at all.

Dillon is one of the reasons they won a few Super Bowls.  Moss set NFL receiving records and let Brady set more.  The reward just isn't there.  He's not an NFL player.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoting removed post

Mallett doesn't have a horde of delusional fans like Tebow.  One incomplete pass from Brady and they will call for Jesus to save them.  It has happened every stop he's had.  Religion is a powerful hallucinatory drug. 

Uhh, no. I am a Tebow fan and I know Tebow fans and we are not delusional. No fan in NE is going to call for the best QB in his generation's head if he throws an interception. And it's not just Tebow's religion that makes him a likeable guy. He is a hard worker and proven winner. Mark Sanchez <<<<<<<<<<Tom Brady.

Guess you missed his 80 yard TD pass to DT in the Steelers playoff game? I am not saying he would have been a QB over Manning but they could have used him in the run game. He only helped Denver to the #1 rushing offense in 2011.

You mean his 15 yard slant to a wide open Damarius Thomas who took it another 70 yards? Tebow played great in that game but that pass was a glorified hand off.

Did you see the New England game?  There's the reason they won't sign him.  They probably pray that he'll be picked up and they can get another bye in the playoffs.  If you are a QB and your team leads the league in rushing, that's typically not a good thing.

Dillon is one of the reasons they won a few Super Bowls.  Moss set NFL receiving records and let Brady set more.  The reward just isn't there.  He's not an NFL player.

They won one SB with Dillon in 2004 when they traded for him. They don't need Tebow to be Moss or Dillon but the guy is a beast and can do a lot of things well. You don't just dismiss that. Not when you can get him for nothing.

Another delusional fan.  But, you like Schaub so........

You're the one who is delusional if you think the fans would want Tebow to start over Brady LOL. And I do like Schaub, he's my QB, you know. Gonna get us some shiny blingage if we can actually get past the Patriots.

Uhh, no. I am a Tebow fan and I know Tebow fans and we are not delusional. No fan in NE is going to call for the best QB in his generation's head if he throws an interception. And it's not just Tebow's religion that makes him a likeable guy. He is a hard worker and proven winner. Mark Sanchez <<<<<<<<<<Tom Brady.

And Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Timmy 

You mean his 15 yard slant to a wide open Damarius Thomas who took it another 70 yards? Tebow played great in that game but that pass was a glorified hand off.

15 yards was longer than the pass that Manning threw the fatal pick on. The poster had said Tebow could not have reached the Broncos receiver with that pass. That is what I was pointing out.

It's more then just his religion.  Kurt Warner was twice the QB Tebow is, and just as openly religious as Tebow and he didn't have that kind of following.

I think it's a combination of things.  His religious views is one thing.  But he's also good looking, he has charisma, and he's from the south.  

I'm a Christian and very religious as well, but I'm not on the Tebow bus.  I think a lot (more then people realize) has to do with the fact that he's from the south.  Southern Christians are very different from Christians in just about every other part of the world.  It's not an easy thing to explain but if you talk to them and talk to Christians in the north of the US and Christians in every other part of the world, it's a whole different outlook and a whole different culture.  

You're the one who is delusional if you think the fans would want Tebow to start over Brady LOL. And I do like Schaub, he's my QB, you know. Gonna get us some shiny blingage if we can actually get past the Patriots.

You haven't paid attention.  If he was on the team, and I don't care what position, his horde of * would want him on the field at running back, receiver...anything.

He can't even punt protect.

Did you see the New England game?  There's the reason they won't sign him.  They probably pray that he'll be picked up and they can get another bye in the playoffs.  If you are a QB and your team leads the league in rushing, that's typically not a good thing.

I did and I saw Brady have a playoff game for the ages against that horrific defense. No Qb was going to do much better with that defensive effort.