Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Release Tim Tebow!

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't paid attention.  If he was on the team, and I don't care what position, his horde of * would want him on the field at running back, receiver...anything.

He can't even punt protect.

No, I've paid attention. Your words: After the first incompletion the Tebow fans will call for  " Jesus" to save them. And calling other fans * because they like a certain player makes you look more like one, ironically.

You're the one who is delusional if you think the fans would want Tebow to start over Brady LOL. And I do like Schaub, he's my QB, you know. Gonna get us some shiny blingage if we can actually get past the Patriots.

I'd worry about winning the division first ;)

You're the one who is delusional if you think the fans would want Tebow to start over Brady LOL. And I do like Schaub, he's my QB, you know. Gonna get us some shiny blingage if we can actually get past the Patriots.

To get past the Patriots you'll need to get past the Colts first . :rock:  Maybe even win 1 in Indy .

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoted removed post

Mallett doesn't have a horde of delusional fans like Tebow.  One incomplete pass from Brady and they will call for Jesus to save them.  It has happened every stop he's had.  Religion is a powerful hallucinatory drug. 

Now your treading on Forum rules and taking personal attacks.

It's pretty clear the football element of this discussion is a secondary issue for you.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoted removed post

No, I've paid attention. Your words: After the first incompletion the Tebow fans will call for  " Jesus" to save them. And calling other fans * because they like a certain player makes you look more like a >, ironically.

He's an awful player, let's just end it there.  If he were any good, he'd be a starter by now.  

To get past the Patriots you'll need to get past the Colts first . :rock:  Maybe even win 1 in Indy .

I think this is the year that little trend breaks lol. Or at least I hope so, we have some kind of curse thing going on haha

He's an awful player, let's just end it there.  If he were any good, he'd be a starter by now.  

No, if Elway didn't hate the guy he would still be the starter in Denver. Manning was the only way the fans wouldn't burn down Elway's house for getting rid of a guy who did what he did for them. But whatever. We'll see how he does with the next team that takes a look at him.

Now your treading on Forum rules and taking personal attacks.

It's pretty clear the football element of this discussion is a secondary issue for you.

I have heard people say that he will succeed in the NFL only because of his beliefs.  You don't know mine by the way.  I only respond that you never know what Andrew Luck, Joe Montana, Colin K, Ryan Mallett, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Joe Theismann, Joe Namath, Curtis Painter, Jeff George, or anyone feel about spirituality.  Tebow, it gets jammed down our throats.  Tebowing etc.  It's borderline to me if he does it honestly or if it's a ploy.  

I watch the field.  He's awful.

No, if Elway didn't hate the guy he would still be the starter in Denver. Manning was the only way the fans wouldn't burn down Elway's house for getting rid of a guy who did what he did for them. But whatever. We'll see how he does with the next team that takes a look at him.

So, they would burn down Elway's house, the guy that won them the two Super Bowls.  This because they got rid of a shaky quarterback with one fluke playoff win.  Delusion.

So, they would burn down Elway's house, the guy that won them the two Super Bowls.  This because they got rid of a shaky quarterback with one fluke playoff win.  Delusion.

You sound like a Cowboys fan now. It's about the future, not the past. Do you think Colts fans will cheer PM and will him to win when he comes back to town just because of what he did for them? Downplay Tebow's accomplishments if you want. Still won't take away the fact that he did what everybody said he couldn't do.

I have heard people say that he will succeed in the NFL only because of his beliefs.  You don't know mine by the way.  I only respond that you never know what Andrew Luck, Joe Montana, Colin K, Ryan Mallett, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Joe Theismann, Joe Namath, Curtis Painter, Jeff George, or anyone feel about spirituality.  Tebow, it gets jammed down our throats.  Tebowing etc.  It's borderline to me if he does it honestly or if it's a ploy.  

I watch the field.  He's awful.

The man exercises his constitutional right....like Reggie White did, and some more heralded NFL players do....and you happen to disagree with it.

Rather strongly and offensively, by the way....which is your right.

It just happens to be against Forum rules.

He won 7 of 8 games on a pitiful 1-4 team. And his playoff game was not a fluke, he put up scorching passing numbers against the number one D and when his defense faultered at the end, he delivered the game winning TD in OT. It was Elway-esque if you ask me.

You sound like a Cowboys fan now. It's about the future, not the past. Do you think Colts fans will cheer PM and will him to win when he comes back to town just because of what he did for them? Downplay Tebow's accomplishments if you want. Still won't take away the fact that he did what everybody said he couldn't do.

Some will....

Some will....

Yeah, there was actually a thread about this not too long ago. I can imagine hearing a lot of cheers sprinkled in with the boo-birds when he runs out onto the field. And of course there are even some here who will want him to win the game rather than the Colts. The atmosphere in that game is going to be epic.  

The man exercises his constitutional right....like Reggie White did, and some more heralded NFL players do....and you happen to disagree with it.

I will not cheer for Manning.  I loved the interception he threw.  I'm a Colts fan only.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoting edited post
Hidden by Nadine, April 30, 2013 - quoting edited post

Tebow would be a great addition to a team with high moral standards like the Pats or even better, the Colts. His talent is in his legs and not his arms so he should really play halfback for those 4th and goal situations....

No thanks. Last thing we need is a guy who's slower than our QB and never played the position as a running back.

I am not sure if you can credit Elway for the Jets ineptness. Ironically, there is another thread where some Bronc fans say the Denver run game was the issue against the Ravens. Tebow could have helped with that.

He would've had to be on the field to do that.  Unless you think Tebow would've been Morenos backup?  

Ok, so I don't mean to offend.  I only feel football ability should count.  Reggie White was a minister and wasn't as vocal about it as Tebow.  Maybe he's just a victim of the 24/7 news cycle.  I just don't like the guy and I think he's a bad quarterback.  So far, 32 NFL teams agree with me.

Peyton Manning was Elways escape hatch from perennial 8-8 mediocrity.  Tebow might have been given a chance if not for Manning, but Elway took the out as soon as he got the chance.  So did the Jets. For Geno Smith.

Peyton Manning was Elways escape hatch from perennial 8-8 mediocrity.  Tebow might have been given a chance if not for Manning, but Elway took the out as soon as he got the chance.  So did the Jets. For Geno Smith.

They were going to cut Tebow regardless, he was only there for the attention and spectacle, not to play. Word on the street is that Sanchez is getting the cut soon too.

First off this Colts fan cheers for the Colts . I hope 18 tries to run like a penguin & gets creamed by our improved defense . Smear anyone in orange .

Tim Tebow was a last option on a team that really did'nt want him IMO they tried but until he took the field that team was a loser , I was not a fan but I felt he was short changed the media Merrill Hoge in particular were pretty harsh but the dude proved he had heart & the ability to win taking his team to the playoffs . He was more fun to watch during 2011 then any other QB watching a underdog perform & succeed was electric & I really hoped that meant he would get the coaching & respect he had earned , But up pops 18 & he gets short changed once again going to the Jets where he was once again unwanted . I hope the dude can just go play in the CFL & build up his QB skills he just needs a team to have a lil faith in him .He has earned it IMO ..

First off this Colts fan cheers for the Colts . I hope 18 tries to run like a penguin & gets creamed by our improved defense . Smear anyone in orange .

Tim Tebow was a last option on a team that really did'nt want him IMO they tried but until he took the field that team was a loser , I was not a fan but I felt he was short changed the media Merrill Hoge in particular were pretty harsh but the dude proved he had heart & the ability to win taking his team to the playoffs . He was more fun to watch during 2011 then any other QB watching a underdog perform & succeed was electric & I really hoped that meant he would get the coaching & respect he had earned , But up pops 18 & he gets short changed once again going to the Jets where he was once again unwanted . I hope the dude can just go play in the CFL & build up his QB skills he just needs a team to have a lil faith in him .He has earned it IMO ..

Yeah, that would be the next step if no one wants to take the chance with him as a QB. Electric player for sure. Oh and we share that in common. The whole orange cream thing haha

Ok, so I don't mean to offend.  I only feel football ability should count.  Reggie White was a minister and wasn't as vocal about it as Tebow.  Maybe he's just a victim of the 24/7 news cycle.  I just don't like the guy and I think he's a bad quarterback.  So far, 32 NFL teams agree with me.

That's fair ryano....and yes....the media and MOST OF ALL, getting drafted in the 1st round of the insanely popular NFL draft did him no favors. Chances are if he were taken in the 4th or 5th round this flashpoint atmosphere around him wouldn't have happened.

But Tebow's parents are missionaries and he's been overseas a lot himself helping out the poor. I'm guessing he'd be no different if he were a mechanic or sold real estate for a living. It's just who he is.

Football-wise...he will absolutely have to accept the role of something other than QB to have any chance of making an NFL roster. And he'll have to probably say so before or as he signs any contract to keep the media craze at bay.

New England does a better job of those things than most NFL teams due to the stability of their organization....but I could see Belichick giving him one more tryout in a "Danny Woodhead" (gone to San Diego) type of role.

Other than that, I agree his NFL chances are slim and none....and "slim" is headed for the door.

Jacksonville should sign him, he surely can't be worse than Gabbert, plus they will sell out every game.

Yep, since they did not draft QB, if MJD is healthy, the zone read option plays with Tebow at QB and MJD at RB will be hard to defend. Just leaving open that possibility in the playbook will force teams to plan for it, IMO.