Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Release Tim Tebow!

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why anyone in the Jets organization thought Tebow would be worth anything is beyond me.  I could have told them it would not work out.

The final Tebow  cost is a 4th-round pick, $1.5M in salary for Tebow and $2.5 million to Broncos. Still owe Broncs $1.5M. What a waste of money and time.

I still do not get why this guy gets all the love he does.  Hopefully nobody signs him and he will just go away.

OMG.. what is this love affair with this Mediocre NFL player that will never amount to anything in the league? This is why i cannot stand Teblow. Who else in this league is a bench warmer and gets this much attention? NO ONE!

Its sickening. He cannot play in the NFL. People seem to forget the good players he had around him in Denver. DT, Decker, McGahee, ect ring a bell folks? 

New England exposed Tebow for what he is.. a panicky wanna be QB/Running Back who cannot throw. They contained him and made him pay. 

Denver never should have won that game against the Steelers. That was DT and blown coverage. The Steelers have been mediocre as of late and nothing to cheer about beating. Heck, Mannings first game back he beat them handily BTW.

Give it up Tebow.. the CFL is in your near future.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, April 30, 2013 - baiting
Hidden by Warhorse, April 30, 2013 - baiting

QuizyBoy quote: Gonna get us some shiny blingage if we can actually get past the Patriots.

I've been cutting you some slack Quizy, but your you're the one who is delusional, Matt Schaub is not going to take you to a Super Bowl let alone win one!!!!! :}LOL 

Again ROTFlmao!!!!!

Jacksonville should sign him, he surely can't be worse than Gabbert, plus they will sell out every game.

Watching them say they are committed to Blaine Gabbert and then actually prove it by not drafting a quarterback this year is quite amusing.  

But you are right, Tebow is better then Blaine Gabbert, even though that's not saying much. 

Cutting me some slack? I have never even talked to you before on here lmao. Ask the professionals what they think about the Texans SB chances and get back to me.

Schaub said he was elite after the playoff loss. If we know anything about history that means we will win the SB next year.

"See Matt this is a statue of a SB winning QB, one day if you dream and wish super hard, one day you too could think about winning a Superbowl."

I kid.

Sounds like the beginning to one of those inspiring football movies to me lol

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, April 30, 2013 - baiting, personal shot
Hidden by Warhorse, April 30, 2013 - baiting, personal shot

Well quizzy I read your posts for a while and then you became obnoxious during the season and if you think all it takes is for some boasting from fans/trolls and mental experts/professionals is somehow going to push the Texans over the hump and to win a Super Bowl with M.Schauby then my statement about you being delusional is right on track.

Having a lot of posts doesn't make you an expert 1 iota, just shows you like to babble, you being a troll is not worth my time and also because being a troll your mind is already made up just like fellow troll RGIII on here so your not worth debating, others on here might indulge you, that post I commented on when I was passing it once again and saw "shiny blingage if we can actually get past the Patriots" and it was a small post I read it and laughed and you are delusional and I had to tell you that and you other trolls are just not worth it. I'll have a discussion with another Colts fan, I just chose not to with obnoxious trolls. Just get it QuizyBoy in your head they are not going to a Super Bowl let alone win one!!!!!

Colts are back and last year were 13 points from winning @ the Texans house and that would have gave the Colts the AFC South with the next 2 wins of course, not a 1st round bye, Texans by the skin of their teeth got the AFC South and lost 1st round bye and that won't be the case this year, enjoy your 2 years of your teams success and I pre-apologize for a future of not a sniff in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Retires!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

Mod edit

I'm glad to hear that my posts have given you entertainment for so long now. I also find it entertaining that you seem to have a strong case of internet xenophobia and that's cool, you're not the only person. You just seem to be the most extreme example I have ever encountered on this board lol. Delusional? No, not I. Say what you will and think what you want. A life you should get, young padawan. Gooooo Texans!!!!! :number1:  :cheer:

I'm happy for the guy he really deserves a shot somewhere else and the way to the Jets handle his career was utterly inept.

You mean the way every other backup in the NFL is treated?

I just dont understand this idea that Tebow was somehow wronged by the Jets.

A.) He only had two teams interested in trading for him...its not like teams were lining up to get him

B.) He told the Bronocs he preffered to go to the Jets and nothing was reported saying the Jets promised him a starting job.

C.) He couldnt beat out horrible Mark Sanchez and apparently the Jets suddenly "didnt want him to get on the field and win games"...which is the most absurd notion ive ever heard. Rex Ryan's chair is redhot these days and there is no way he would have kept Tebw off the field if he thought he actually would be better than Sanchez.

Nothing supports the arguement that Tebow was not given a fair shake.

I still take Timmy. Both can;t throw, but at least Tebow doesn't have a butt fumble. haha

I still think he needs a fair shot.

Practically, Sanchez mad almost more INTs than TDs.

On one hand Tebow was completely mishandled by the Jets' organization and they've ruined his career, on the other hand at last he got off the falling plane.

I think there's no other QB in the history of NFL who received more criticism than Tebow, without starting a single game. He had only short appearances, he simply didn't deserved the bashing he received.

I remind some of you who suggest that Tebow needs to "swallow his pride" and change positions, that he would probably be insulted by your implication that he suffers from pride in the first place. His stated reason for insisting on playing QB is that his goal in being an NFL player is to promote his faith, and he feels that playing QB gives him the best platform for doing so.

And therein lies both the reason for his popularity in some quarters, and the reason for his un-popularity in others. He has succeeded at his goal to such a degree (while simultaneously failing at playing QB to such a degree) that he polarizes what-ever fan base he goes to. Nice kid, but I was sick of the whole thing when he was a junior in college.

The reason that many feel that he is a open target for ridicule is exactly because of his insistence that he is a QB, while throwing with all the grace of an offensive lineman. It's ridiculous. He probably views the criticism he receives as some sort of test being forced on him as he proceeds towards some higher purpose, but to an average football fan who doesn't happen to share his particular brand of zeal, the premise is off-putting, and his passes - well, lets call them shot-putting. I have little energy left to make fun of the man, I just say good luck, and good riddance.

If he actually just shut-up and concentrated on being the best football player that he could be, he would fit on many nfl rosters somewhere. Borderline college QBs change positions every year (even Heisman trophy contenders) and nobody bats an eye. He needs to be honest with himself and honest with his fans, save the religious promotion for his private life, and just let the coaches put him where he can actually help the team - just like the hundreds of other players in the league. It's up to him. If he refuses, than as usual he deserves whatever abuse he gets - regardless of how kind his nature, generous his spirit, or honorable his intentions. If that was the criteria I can think of many others who should be in the NFL too - but I assure you that I wouldn't be interested in watching them play either.

I could care about Tim Tebow's personal life.  That has nothing to do with why I don't want him on my football team.  I've watched him play.  He's just not a good QB at least at the NFL level.  No shame in that.  I am sure Curtis Painter is a great guy.  Same deal he's just not good enough so I don't want him on my team. 

You mean the way every other backup in the NFL is treated?

I just dont understand this idea that Tebow was somehow wronged by the Jets.

A.) He only had two teams interested in trading for him...its not like teams were lining up to get him

B.) He told the Bronocs he preffered to go to the Jets and nothing was reported saying the Jets promised him a starting job.

C.) He couldnt beat out horrible Mark Sanchez and apparently the Jets suddenly "didnt want him to get on the field and win games"...which is the most absurd notion ive ever heard. Rex Ryan's chair is redhot these days and there is no way he would have kept Tebw off the field if he thought he actually would be better than Sanchez.

Nothing supports the arguement that Tebow was not given a fair shake.

I said the Jets handled him ineptly, not they didn't treat him fairly. Tebow is not the kind of player to wow you in practice, but over the course of a game he has a certain 'clutch,' factor. They never once attempted Tebow as their QB in the season, even when watching Sanchez butt-fumble. You can say they didn't believe he was their best option, but when your current option is as bad as it is, it's foolish to not even try especially considering you just gave up a couple of draft picks to bring him in.  Then again, the Jets all season were lose a couple, win one, lose a couple, win one, so they kept having these false glimmers of hope from Sanchez. 

I said the Jets handled him ineptly, not they didn't treat him fairly. Tebow is not the kind of player to wow you in practice, but over the course of a game he has a certain 'clutch,' factor. They never once attempted Tebow as their QB in the season, even when watching Sanchez butt-fumble. You can say they didn't believe he was their best option, but when your current option is as bad as it is, it's foolish to not even try especially considering you just gave up a couple of draft picks to bring him in.  Then again, the Jets all season were lose a couple, win one, lose a couple, win one, so they kept having these false glimmers of hope from Sanchez. 

hmmm. Sorry...but im not sure how saying they handled him "ineptly" is really any different than saying they didn't treat him fairly. It implies the same basic thing IMO....that the Jets held him back and that he deserved special considerations. He was acquired with a 5th round pick and only one other team was even interested in him. No one is going to go out of their way to make sure a guy, with that little invested in him, is handled correctly. Maybe if it was a top 10 draft pick in his 2nd season. Even then, in the modern NFL, people will start losing patience very quickly.

Again...you don't ever hear people claiming Sanchez was handled ineptly..and he has had far more success than Tebow according to the Tebowfan barometer. No one would be crying if Sanchez was out of the league tomorrow. Including me.

But to comment on his "clutch" trait....I watched the majority of the Denver games in 2011 and the Pittsburgh game was the only game where Tebow actually didn't look down right horrible. Even that game was some what of an asterisk as probably half the Steelers defense was playing on one leg (Clark was out, Hampton was out, Woodley had a bad knee, Keisel was hurt, etc..). Ben was also playing on a bad ankle that game which required surgery afterwards.

Almost every win Denver had in the regular season was in a 14-10 type game where they were playing awful teams. Even then, Tebow was horrible for 3 quarters and finally scored in the 4th. That sounds clutch until you realize he was doing it against the Dolphins, Vikings, Bears (with Calib Haine at QB), Chiefs, inconsistent as can be Chargers, etc...Every time they --played a team with an offense (Detroit, NE) they were completely blown out of the water....heck even Buffalo smoked them. Let us not forget the classic 7-3 loss to the Chiefs to end the season...luckily the Chargers came through and let Denver back into the playoffs.

Another thing to point out is even these wins against this awful teams took some pretty seriously fluky miracle stuff....Marion Barber running out of bounds/fumbling in OT, Prater hitting a crazy 60 yard FG, getting an onside kick in the Dolphin game with less than 2 minutes, Christian Ponder throwing stupid INTs late, etc...

On a side note...Tebow cleared waivers and an Omaha Beef football team has made an offer....I think its time to put this Tebow craziness to bed.

hmmm. Sorry...but im not sure how saying they handled him "ineptly" is really any different than saying they didn't treat him fairly. It implies the same basic thing IMO....

Sorry but 'Fair/unfair' and 'Inept' dont mean nearly the same things.

Fair-

In accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.

Without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage: "he played fair".

Inept-

Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

I'll stick to what I said and the reasons I provided for why Tebow was handled ineptly. I'm not arguing with you that Tebow is a great QB, but he did help Denver to 7-4 to close out the season and played a big role in their playoff win. It is INEPT to make a trade for Tebow and how much attention he brings if you're never even going to try him out seriously. When you grab a guy like Tebow who is known for having a special ability to win games, did you not think about the potential controversy when Sanchez is losing 2/3?  I believe at one point they had him as the No. 2, but started their No. 3... yes it could be because they have more faith in McElroy, but why have him as the No. 3 then? Clumsy and inept management. 

But if it is your opinion that the JEts handled the Tebow situation with skill and poise, you're entiteled to it, I just don't see it. 

hmmm. Sorry...but im not sure how saying they handled him "ineptly" is really any different than saying they didn't treat him fairly. It implies the same basic thing IMO....that the Jets held him back and that he deserved special considerations. He was acquired with a 5th round pick and only one other team was even interested in him. No one is going to go out of their way to make sure a guy, with that little invested in him, is handled correctly. Maybe if it was a top 10 draft pick in his 2nd season. Even then, in the modern NFL, people will start losing patience very quickly.

Again...you don't ever hear people claiming Sanchez was handled ineptly..and he has had far more success than Tebow according to the Tebowfan barometer. No one would be crying if Sanchez was out of the league tomorrow. Including me.

But to comment on his "clutch" trait....I watched the majority of the Denver games in 2011 and the Pittsburgh game was the only game where Tebow actually didn't look down right horrible. Even that game was some what of an asterisk as probably half the Steelers defense was playing on one leg (Clark was out, Hampton was out, Woodley had a bad knee, Keisel was hurt, etc..). Ben was also playing on a bad ankle that game which required surgery afterwards.

How about that? He looked his best in a big time playoff game against the number one D but yeah time to toss him to the heap...

How about that? He looked his best in a big time playoff game against the number one D but yeah time to toss him to the heap...

How'd that work on an even bigger playoff game, against a not very good D?

I remind some of you who suggest that Tebow needs to "swallow his pride" and change positions, that he would probably be insulted by your implication that he suffers from pride in the first place. His stated reason for insisting on playing QB is that his goal in being an NFL player is to promote his faith, and he feels that playing QB gives him the best platform for doing so.

And therein lies both the reason for his popularity in some quarters, and the reason for his un-popularity in others. He has succeeded at his goal to such a degree (while simultaneously failing at playing QB to such a degree) that he polarizes what-ever fan base he goes to. Nice kid, but I was sick of the whole thing when he was a junior in college.

The reason that many feel that he is a open target for ridicule is exactly because of his insistence that he is a QB, while throwing with all the grace of an offensive lineman. It's ridiculous. He probably views the criticism he receives as some sort of test being forced on him as he proceeds towards some higher purpose, but to an average football fan who doesn't happen to share his particular brand of zeal, the premise is off-putting, and his passes - well, lets call them shot-putting. I have little energy left to make fun of the man, I just say good luck, and good riddance.

If he actually just shut-up and concentrated on being the best football player that he could be, he would fit on many nfl rosters somewhere. Borderline college QBs change positions every year (even Heisman trophy contenders) and nobody bats an eye. He needs to be honest with himself and honest with his fans, save the religious promotion for his private life, and just let the coaches put him where he can actually help the team - just like the hundreds of other players in the league. It's up to him. If he refuses, than as usual he deserves whatever abuse he gets - regardless of how kind his nature, generous his spirit, or honorable his intentions. If that was the criteria I can think of many others who should be in the NFL too - but I assure you that I wouldn't be interested in watching them play either.

There are many Christians in the NFL that generally do (Corey Lynch, for just one eaxample) just that, but Tim Tebow possibly felt compelled to use it to help spread the good word.  My oldest (step) daughter went to Evangelical Christian School with Corey Lynch (cheerleader), and we watched all of his ECS home games.  He went on to Appalachian state and then married Billy Graham's granddaughter! (Jane "Cissie" Graham).  But even then, it is reported that when the Bengals drafted him, he felt it was as much as for his attitude and character (being a Christian) as his playing skills, because of the turmoil the Bengals lockeroom was in at that time. But you never hear Lynch being associated with his faith, though it is abundant. (wife's link for verification http://cissiegrahamlynch.com/about/

Personally, I don't recall any time last year where Tebow was using football to evangelize...  nor Corey ever.

Anyway, I don't mind their faith or viewpoints or their desire to spread their faith or not.  As far as football, just produce and your in.  Tim may need to go to the CFL and prove he can be an NFL caliber QB and come back, or if not, then suck it up and play a position that his skill set meets. I just hope folks don't try to deride Tebow mainly because of his faith, but on his ability and (lack of) skills first and foremost.

BTW- Corey had 3 yoiunger brothers that were all excellent players and stars at ECS and in the county.  Not sure Calan Lynch is/wasa playing beyond HS, Colton was a DB at Harvard, and Colby a WR at Florida Institute of Technology.  Their dad coached all of them (about 10 years) and is retired from HS football coaching now that all graduated. Great family.

I could care about Tim Tebow's personal life.  That has nothing to do with why I don't want him on my football team.  I've watched him play.  He's just not a good QB at least at the NFL level.  No shame in that.  I am sure Curtis Painter is a great guy.  Same deal he's just not good enough so I don't want him on my team. 

And that is fair.  I'd like to see him get a full shot at QB in CFL and if he handles it, then get one more crack in the NFL.

How'd that work on an even bigger playoff game, against a not very good D?

We all know Tebow did not win the SB but his D did him no favors against the Pats letting up an NFL record 6 TDs to Brady in what seemed like 5 minutes. Hard for any Qb to do much when he is that deep in the hole early in the game.

The guy won games, a lot of games and took a putrid 1-4 team to the division title and a playoff win. Say what you want but his campaign was every bit as successful as Manning's first year with the added bonus of a playoff win. It is a shame that the Jets pretty much ruined the guys career. He deserves a chance to have a team built around him just the way RG, Luck, Wilson, Kaep have their teams suited to their strengths. All the guy has ever done his whole football career is prove he is a winner when given the chance.

We all know Tebow did not win the SB but his D did him no favors against the Pats letting up an NFL record 6 TDs to Brady in what seemed like 5 minutes. Hard for any Qb to do much when he is that deep in the hole early in the game.

The guy won games, a lot of games and took a putrid 1-4 team to the division title and a playoff win. Say what you want but his campaign was every bit as successful as Manning's first year with the added bonus of a playoff win. It is a shame that the Jets pretty much ruined the guys career. He deserves a chance to have a team built around him just the way RG, Luck, Wilson, Kaep have their teams suited to their strengths. All the guy has ever done his whole football career is prove he is a winner when given the chance.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this issue friend lol.