Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

some quotes from our new players

CR91

Khaled Holmes

“Andrew (Luck) will be the first guy I block for besides Matt (Barkley). He’s such a great player. He proved himself in the NFL last year. We had some battles with him in college.”

Montori Hughes

“I’m pretty sure they like me (at nose tackle) but ... it’s whatever helps the team and just work hard every day and do whatever I have to to try and win a championship.”

John Boyett,

"The first thing I think of when I think of the Colts is Tony Dungy. I played with Tony Dungy’s son, Eric, and Eric’s a great dude and I know his dad is too.”

Kerwynn Williams

“Oh, man, I’m at a loss for words right now. It’s like a dream come true to come up there and be able to play for such a storied organization.”

Justice Cunningham

“(I bring) physicality to the game, a lot of smarts to the game and a lot of passion. I always leave it all on the field.”

Khaled Holmes

“Andrew (Luck) will be the first guy I block for besides Matt (Barkley). He’s such a great player. He proved himself in the NFL last year. We had some battles with him in college.”

I've shared this before but considering Holmes' comments,  it's worth repeating...

Yes,  Stanford had some great battles with USC.

But, Luck went 3-0 against USC.   And he went 3-0 against Notre Dame.

Andrew Luck is the only quarterback in the history of college football to go 3-0 against both USC and Notre Dame.    Think about that one for a while.    The only one.

I've shared this before but considering Holmes' comments, it's worth repeating...

Yes, Stanford had some great battles with USC.

But, Luck went 3-0 against USC. And he went 3-0 against Notre Dame.

Andrew Luck is the only quarterback in the history of college football to go 3-0 against both USC and Notre Dame. Think about that one for a while. The only one.

Cause he is the TRUTH!! haha

I've shared this before but considering Holmes' comments, it's worth repeating...

Andrew Luck is the only quarterback in the history of college football to go 3-0 against both USC and Notre Dame. Think about that one for a while. The only one.

In order to do that you have to have USC and ND on their schedule every year. Most teams don't

I personally can't wait to see Cunningham play, he is already the best blocking TE the Colts have, I see them using him primarily coming out of the backfield similar to the way they used Allen last year.

Allen was one of the better blocking tight-ends in the league last year. He's probably a better blocker than Fleener though.

When I heard about the TE take at the Mr.Irrelevant pick and I thought maybe just maybe Fleener might be used as a WR when I remembered he ran and caught that TD running an outside route and looked more comfortable and better than running in the center. Was I the only one to think that? Or again am I nuts :}LOL

Go Colts!!!!!

Hate to say it but USC and ND aren't much to brag about, especially the last 3-4 years and it goes beyond that.

When I heard about the TE take at the Mr.Irrelevant pick and I thought maybe just maybe Fleener might be used as a WR when I remembered he ran and caught that TD running an outside route and looked more comfortable and better than running in the center. Was I the only one to think that? Or again am I nuts :}LOL

Go Colts!!!!!

You maybe right--Fleener is one big dude with lots of pace--maybe he could become that elusive WR replacement for Wayne down the track

That's why I was saying we keep Cunningham over Saunders so we have a solid dbl blocking TE set.

Saunders is ~275lbs. They guy was a good blocker for us last year. I don't see where Cunningham brings any more to the table in that aspect than what Saunders does. Now as a pass catcher, yes I would say Cunningham has the advantage.

I've shared this before but considering Holmes' comments,  it's worth repeating...

Yes,  Stanford had some great battles with USC.

But, Luck went 3-0 against USC.   And he went 3-0 against Notre Dame.

Andrew Luck is the only quarterback in the history of college football to go 3-0 against both USC and Notre Dame.    Think about that one for a while.    The only one.

That last part reminds me of Star Wars III. "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!" I hope he never turns to the dark side.....or New England as we call it.

I personally can't wait to see Cunningham play, he is already the best blocking TE the Colts have, I see them using him primarily coming out of the backfield similar to the way they used Allen last year.

Cunningham will be just as good of a blocker as Saunders with a better ability to go down the field and catch. He's not afraid to be in traffic. I saw some of his catches last year at USC and he's not afraid to go up and get em while getting mauled by a defender. He seemed to always come down with the ball. I personally hope he wins the camp battle or dare I say Gamecock Fight.

In order to do that you have to have USC and ND on their schedule every year. Most teams don't

Plus you have to be a 3 year starter. Probably no more than 3-4 QB's in the last 20 years that played them both twice.

So of our picks in the 4th through 7th rounds, what are their chances of actually making the team this year?  

I would be willing to wager that 4, 5 , 6 and at least 1 of the two 7th's make it. You need depth at O Line and safety . They traded next years 4 for the NT , you have no kick returner or 3rd down back. So the competition for the first 4 guys is pretty minimal. The last pick in the draft has to beat out Sanders , who is very one dimensional. 

And got destroyed in a game they should never have been in... ND, just like the majority of Pac-10 schools, are over-hyped and it consistently shows.

they were undefeated against the fifth strongest schedule in the country. Alabama crushed them, no doubt... but they deserved to be there

And got destroyed in a game they should never have been in... ND, just like the majority of Pac-10 schools, are over-hyped and it consistently shows.

If you're referring to the "Pac-12", I don't think they're overrated. Oregon & Stanford live up to their hype

Both of them would've made that BCS game a better challenge than what ND did

Still would've been a better game. Especially with Oregon. I don't see how a Freshman QB can go into Alabama and beat them, yet the "best team" with the "best LB" gets blown out before half-time even hits

i don't know, how did Oregon lose to Stanford while violating multiple NCAA rules?

If you're referring to the "Pac-12", I don't think they're overrated. Oregon & Stanford live up to their hype

Both of them would've made that BCS game a better challenge than what ND did

Both would have been lucky to score what Notre Dame did. Nor were they anywhere close to Notre Dame in terms of defense either. They would have been beaten worse than Notre Dame was. Stanford's offense was  :facepalm:  and their defense would have been ran over. Oregon's offense was crippled by Stanford who's a fraction of the defense that Alabama is, so no, those 2 scenarios would have been far more comical than the Alabama/Notre Dame game. 

Both would have been lucky to score what Notre Dame did. Nor were they anywhere close to Notre Dame in terms of defense either. They would have been beaten worse than Notre Dame was. Stanford's offense was :facepalm: and their defense would have been ran over. Oregon's offense was crippled by Stanford who's a fraction of the defense that Alabama is, so no, those 2 scenarios would have been far more comical than the Alabama/Notre Dame game.

I believe Oregon's speed would've did to Alabama what Texas A&M did. Bama is built on Power. You spread them out, they get exposed. Oregon would've at least socred before half-time

I believe Oregon's speed would've did to Alabama what Texas A&M did. Bama is built on Power. You spread them out, they get exposed. Oregon would've at least socred before half-time

Texas A&M had a better team and a better QB. Alabama would have forced Mariotta, who's garbage to begin with, to throw the ball, and it would have been over after their first series. Pac-12 is soft football. There is a reason why a very, VERY, small % of their high profile QB's ever do anything in the NFL. Outside of Aaron Rogers, you have to go back 30 years before the last successful Pac-12(10) QB, which was Elway. And yes I left Aikman out of that conversation because had Aikman played on those early Broncos teams that Elway played on, Aikman never would have made it 5 years in the NFL.