Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sixth round selection: John Boyett, safety, Oregon.

trueblueblood

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtu.be/vUGGfyAXTzo

I wonder if they will replace Lefeged with this guy, or what are their intentions? I'm just about to give up on predicting who Grigs will pick. Each time I tried, it ends up being somebody I certainly was not thinking about. Looks like the guy can play though.

No question, he can play.  He's a potential starter - but the HUGE question is can he stay on the field?

Great pick this late in the draft.  Great upside and if his injury history does him in, it's not like we wasted a high draft pick.

The thing I find amusing about a lot of guys on here complaining about "we could've taken so and so!"... you do realize that anyone still on the board, has been passed on by EVERY team in EVERY round so far, right?

stop using logic... you will make some heads explode

Imo, the best pick we've made so far.

Tough as heck, missile-like safety. Reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders - a bit too much perhaps, considering the injury problems.

Allegedly has an enormous football-IQ, and is a natural leader on the defense. Could prove to be a future Bethea-replacement.

A extremely poor man's Melvin Bullit is more like it.

He was rated as a 7th-UFA player.. so we use our 6th on him... Instead of Da'Rick who was rated as a 2nd-4th round player.. Huge reach. 

Da'Rick is still available.  So that means that every team in the league didn't buy that rating. 

Might be time to accept that the teams know a little more than those guys doing those ratings?

He was rated as a 7th-UFA player.. so we use our 6th on him... Instead of Da'Rick who was rated as a 2nd-4th round player.. Huge reach. 

do you mean the same Da'Rick that is STILL on the board, even though teams are STILL taking WRs (The Bengals just picked one...wasn't Da'Rick...guess that means they're gonna suck this year!)

I just talked to my buddy who is a huge Oregon fan and he said this guy can be great!

He said he has the smarts and toughness to be a solid NFL safety.

He is not to bad as far as being a homer goes and is pretty knowledgible.

Take that for what it's worth, but he thinks that, once healthy, Boyett can be a starter. 

The thing I find amusing about a lot of guys on here complaining about "we could've taken so and so!"... you do realize that anyone still on the board, has been passed on by EVERY team in EVERY round so far, right?

Yeah, but....but Uhhh... We could've taken things and such'n stuff. Do you understand what I mean?!? Things like we need such as stuff!

haha

He played the season opener this year and was done for the year, he ran a 4.5 at his pro day, 27 reps bench at combine(2nd among safeties).

he was on all the defensive back awards watch list before the season including the Thorpe award, he said it was a 6 month rehab process that he was 5 months into on the day of his pro day workout so he should be 100% by the time camp opens. Would've been drafted higher if it was for his patella injuries. All in all good value here if he is 100% like he said he would be.

Gotta love this pick!!!  I remember watching the Duck back a couple years ago and thinking, who IS this #20 !!!!  ????   He was all over the field.  Yea, i know he had the double-Pattella partial tears, but the doctors who patched him up were top notch and the best.  He also was able to make so many special teams plays as well. He is a destroyer who will sacrafice his body. We can't have enough of these kids.  His draft stock fell due to injuries but I pity the fools who didn't take a chance on this kid including his former coach (well, perhaps Chip didn't have a need or right round pick to do it).

He played the season opener this year and was done for the year, he ran a 4.5 at his pro day, 27 reps bench at combine(2nd among safeties).

he was on all the defensive back awards watch list before the season including the Thorpe award, he said it was a 6 month rehab process that he was 5 months into on the day of his pro day workout so he should be 100% by the time camp opens. Would've been drafted higher if it was for his patella injuries. All in all good value here if he is 100% like he said he would be.

Grigs strikes again!  It's a shame there are so many miserable people on the forum who don't bother to find out about these guys before posting how bad the pick was.

You...make my head hurt. 

He's a troll.  Nothing more.  Just sad that some people can't think logically and realize that every team in the league is leaving the guys on the board.  It's free entertainment anyway.

All i am saying is that we could have waited a round to draft him. 

If you like a guy, and he's there, you take him.  Someone else may grab him up.  By this logic, we could have passed on Luck and just picked him up in the second round.

If you like a guy, and he's there, you take him.  Someone else may grab him up.  By this logic, we could have passed on Luck and just picked him up in the second round.

That is so different. Where all the draft websites had him valued at we could have waited until the end of the draft and got him as a free agent...

Da'Rick is still available. So that means that every team in the league didn't buy that rating.

Might be time to accept that the teams know a little more than those guys doing those ratings?

Exactly. Kiper, mayock etc don't have nfl jobs because they obviously aren't great talent evaluators. How can people be complaining and questioning grigson's decisions after last year? How many starters did he draft? Lets see: luck, fleener, Allen, Ballard, Hilton? Not to mention chapman, who I think could be our starter at nose. Come on people, just trust our guys and stop crying because we didn't get such and such. Our defensive front seven will be monstrous this year. And the offensive line will be a far cry from what it was last year. I love this draft.

Probably ends up making you right and wrong on the trade. Hughes ends up busting and this guy takes Bethea's spot in 2014. Absolutely love this pick . A little small but looks to have great instincts , ball skills and closing speed.