Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't believe my luck..

scootermac23

As a Colts fan living here in Australia, I've always wanted to attend a Colts home game. I put in my leave for the next financial year, and set aside a 4 week block to travel to America for sports.

The one Colts home game during that time?

Colts v Broncos. Wow. Incredibly excited at that prospect, but incredibly nervous at the prospect of there not being any tickets available!

(I know it's not much of a topic, but I wanted to post it because I'm excited :goodluck:

As a Colts fan living here in Australia, I've always wanted to attend a Colts home game. I put in my leave for the next financial year, and set aside a 4 week block to travel to America for sports.

Colts v Broncos. Wow. Incredibly excited at that prospect, but incredibly nervous at the prospect of there not being any tickets available!

(I know it's not much of a topic, but I wanted to post it because I'm excited :goodluck:

Not much of a topic? Man that's awesome. Check out this thread for some great advice on local cuisine and other attractions. 

Have fun and welcome to Indiana!!

(I know it's not much of a topic, but I wanted to post it because I'm excited :goodluck:)

you will be able to get tickets... they will be pricey though. does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

I bought two tickets to that game last night.  They were considerably more than all of the other games.  Not a bad deal though, sitting in section 121, row 11!

You must have paid through the nose for this, lol. These ticket prices are even expensive to me, and I live in NY!

That being said, who has season tickets that can't make the game? PM me lol.

Congrats man. That's good for ya. Get out from under those rocks and make it to america lol.

I only say that cause I did some oint training with some Australians and a quote if his was "but what do I know, I'm just a dumb Australian, we live under rocks.' He was a pretty funny guy.

LOS is really am amazing experience. Me and my fam try to go to one every two years.

I bought two tickets to that game last night.  They were considerably more than all of the other games.  Not a bad deal though, sitting in section 121, row 11!

We're going to the Dolphins and Texans games. I don't know if we're allowed to talk prices here, but I'll say that I can get them for under a C note per ticket. End zone.

You must have paid through the nose for this, lol. These ticket prices are even expensive to me, and I live in NY!

That being said, who has season tickets that can't make the game? PM me lol.

I paid less than they are going for now.  I kept refreshing stubhub and grabbed some of the first available.

Not super cheap, by any means though.

I used to be a STH, but I now have three kids and a wife.  Goals and time available have changed.

Get the tickets as early as you can.  

Enjoy seeing Indiana.  If you like hiking there are some good state parks I could recommend for that.  And I know a really good winery in Southern Indiana I always like to visit when I go down that way.  (Which isn't very often)

Other then that, Indianapolis is where most of the cool stuff is in this state.  Most of the rest of the state is farmland with some towns and a couple of small cities.

What else are you doing when you get to the states?  

I paid less than they are going for now.  I kept refreshing stubhub and grabbed some of the first available.

Not super cheap, by any means though.

I used to be a STH, but I now have three kids and a wife.  Goals and time available have changed.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune

That was a joke

I sure hope you get in....

Your only game will be such a telling emotional, historic meeting from a totally-Indy perspective..

Be sure to get the newspapers leading up to the game...they will overflow with Colts history..

Shoot...you should call the paper when you get here and tell them your story...

...and save some cash for the inevitable T-shirts with No. 12 on the front and No. 18 on the back...

Or, just wait. The current prices are not sustainable. At this point tickets to the superbowl are only a few dollars more.

I'm just saying he might have a hard time getting a ticket to that game, there should be more options available earlier than later. I can see why you'd think I was merely talking price, my bad.

I sure hope you get in....

Your only game will be such a telling emotional, historic meeting from a totally-Indy perspective..

Be sure to get the newspapers leading up to the game...they will overflow with Colts history..

Shoot...you should call the paper when you get here and tell them your story...

...and save some cash for the inevitable T-shirts with No. 12 on the front and No. 18 on the back...

Those are female only shirts

Scooter just curious-- where in Australia do you live? I spent a semester in Brisbane and had the time of my life. I'm a Lions and Reds fan after my time there :D

Get the tickets as early as you can.  

Enjoy seeing Indiana.  If you like hiking there are some good state parks I could recommend for that.  And I know a really good winery in Southern Indiana I always like to visit when I go down that way.  (Which isn't very often)

Other then that, Indianapolis is where most of the cool stuff is in this state.  Most of the rest of the state is farmland with some towns and a couple of small cities.

What else are you doing when you get to the states?  

Me and a mate are just doing a bit of a sporting holiday, so I said I have to go to LOS, whereas he wants to make sure he goes to an Eagles home game. So it is a 4 week sporting holiday, with a couple of weeks spent in NYC

Scooter just curious-- where in Australia do you live? I spent a semester in Brisbane and had the time of my life. I'm a Lions and Reds fan after my time there :D

Those two teams definitely make sense considering where you were, don't think you would be allowed to support anyone else!

I'm from down in Melbourne, which, in our opinion, is the best city in Australia  :thmup:

Those two teams definitely make sense considering where you were, don't think you would be allowed to support anyone else!

I'm from down in Melbourne, which, in our opinion, is the best city in Australia  :thmup:

haha very true considering some of the people I met there-- diehards! Someday I'll make it back down under and Melbourne is on the list. I made it as far south as Sydney so I'd love to make it to Melbourne and Tassy

If you are coming all that way then that is a great game to go to.  There will be tickets available, since ticket scalping is allowed in Indy, but the $$ will be high.

Having a look at tickets, where is the best place to sit to watch the game. From the end zone, or midfield?

Never been to LOS, but football is football. I've never in my life heard someone express a preference for sitting in the endzone. Midfield - high enough to see everything but low enough to "feel" everything is the most desirable. Sitting in the endzone is going to involve an awful lot of action taking place seemingly in another stadium (unless you have eyes like a formula one driver). Then again, it does afford you a perspective on how plays develop that you can't get from the side. Perhaps the Colts site has ticket pricing information. Not that tickets are available, but you can see the relative prices by area and level. Certain tickets are more expensive for a reason. They probably also have one of those programs that let you see the view from various seats.

Of course an experienced fan might know their own preference, and find a "sweet spot" where they are happier with a cheaper seat than they might be with a more expensive seat. I've done that with theaters myself. But you aren't going to find that out in one event obviously, and any info that you get here is just a personal opinion that you may not agree with. Personally I will say that the least pleasant thing is sitting "too high", but I've been to mostly 80,000 seat stadiums. LOS may not have such an animal.