Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Face Facts Angerer Is Our Best Linebacker

GoGoColts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact the defense has stopped the run the last 2 weeks with Angerer at MLB isn't a coincidence. He's a better MLB than Brackett, nothing against Gary but it's the truth.

Brackett is a good linebacker still, but he would be better for us on the outside if you ask me. We might lose some interceptions without Brackett in the middle, but overall, it would be a better move.

I think he's the best LB on our team. Gary is getting old, and doesn't seem to be a good MIKE. Maybe switch up Pat and Gary and let's take it from there. Pat Angerer is looking great at MIKE and I think he has the most tackles in the NFL.

Angerer played well today lets not get carried away! He needs to show me more Angerer has a handful of good games Gary has a career of good games thus the money he was paid! :yes:

Bracektt is one of my favorite players in a Colts uniform and I have often stated I think he is under-rated by the fans and the media. But he has never dominated the box (tackle to tackle and LOS +- 5 yards) the way Angerer did tonight.

He followed up a solid outing against Houston with playing really well against Cleveland with dominating against the Steelers. I think it's time to start getting carried away.

The fact the defense has stopped the run the last 2 weeks with Angerer at MLB isn't a coincidence. He's a better MLB than Brackett, nothing against Gary but it's the truth.

Too true, the colts better not put brackett back at MLB let Pat stay in his original position and be the the better of a colts LB that he is... The guy sure is a tackle machine and the way he wraps up.. great pick by the colts.

He is a leading tackler right now. He is by far the best run stopper on the team. Brackett has his strong points, but with the type of defense that we need to play now Angerer is the better fit in the middle. Plus, Brackett, can play another position.

Don't change anyone from the lineup tonight--it was great!

I think Angerer would be better for us at MLB. I think he could be a defensive force down the road like Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher. His pass defense is still a little suspect, but he's getting better at it. I just haven't been overly impressed with Brackett at MLB since 2009.

I really can't help but feel we may have overpaid for him...

Angerer over Brackett, Nevis over Moala, Tryon over Lacey that's just IMO. Colts should be ridiculously stacked next year including the draft, UDFA, FA, & the adversity they're facing now. The OL will improve, the younger players will be solid, Angerer, Nevis, Lefeged, Castanzo, Carter. Colts just need the matrix himself back. We can just hope that even if they do lose the majority of their games they can still compete like they did tonight, was a fun game to watch the Colts D play to par with the Steelers D.

I respect Brackett and he's gave us some good years but to me he's undersized, over pursues and the most important thing is that he's been injury prone the last few years. Perhaps it's time to move on.

I would have to agree. Angerer is better than Brackett in terms of physicality and measurables, but Gary is better as play caller. Give Angerer one more full season and next year he will be a tremendous inside LB.

Wheeler and Conner played great tonight!!!

Better play caller? Our defense is very vanilla. Seems 90% of the time we just line up and play, and the few adjustments we make wouldn't be out of place on a HS team.

Angry Pat has earned the starting MLB spot, I think, without question. Hopefully the coaching staff sees the same thing. The defense as a whole has been better with him in the middle. I've been cautious about Pat because I wasn't sure if he had the potential to be anything really special, but the last two weeks have shown me that he can definitely be a successful MIKE in the NFL. I'm going to go ahead and jump fully onto the Angry Pat Wagon.

Angerer is going to be a good player for us for a lot of years to come and I love what he brings to the run defense. With that said he struggles in pass defense and frankly teams are taking advantage of Brackett not being there on third downs. Almost every one of those players go to the middle of the field between the safety and the MLB. Normally if Brackett is there he'll bring some of those up and even get an INT now and then. Angerer is a little too slow to get back in pass defense. Don't get me wrong I love what Angerer brings to this team and I think even when Brackett is back Angerer can keep providing those things from his OLB spot but we are missing Brackett's pass defense at MLB.

Didn't Polian draft this guy in the 2nd round last year?

I thought we sucked at the draft in the first 2 rounds?

Good point. With all the bashing Polian has gotten for the recent unproductive picks in the early rounds, I would hope those same people would grant his successes the same level of attention. Otherwise, they appear to me to just be chronic complainers.

Along these lines, I heard Collinsworth mention tonight that Nevis was having an excellent night, as well as praise for Delone Carter's play.

I would have to agree. Angerer is better than Brackett in terms of physicality and measurables, but Gary is better as play caller. Give Angerer one more full season and next year he will be a tremendous inside LB.

Wheeler and Conner played great tonight!!!

Play Caller? This isn't Peyton Manning, Brackett calls out the play the coaches send into him. He just gets the guys in the spots they are supposed to be in but make no mistake the coaches call the plays not him.

Good point. With all the bashing Polian has gotten for the recent unproductive picks in the early rounds, I would hope those same people would grant his successes the same level of attention. Otherwise, they appear to me to just be chronic complainers.

Along these lines, I heard Collinsworth mention tonight that Nevis was having an excellent night, as well as praise for Delone Carter's play.

Not to mention most of us went nuts on the Angerer pick because most of us felt it was reach by Polian and was a bad pick. Just a little proof that maybe the old man still knows what he is doing at times.

Throw Castonzo in there with Nevis and Carter. All three are having very good starts to their rookie careers. If Ijalana develops this could be our best draft class in a long ime.

on many other teams, angerer is a backup LB. He was lost on the big gainer through the air, coverage sucked. i think he will improve as time wears on, it's a very complicated position. He could work his way into a big-time LB, however, I think he has some physical limitations that will keep him from that loft.