Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay hinting....

BlueShoe

McShay’s options for the Colts at #24

Scenario 1: Player everyone talks about.

Scenario 2: Another player everyone talks about.

Scenario 3: If other options aren't attractive, Indianapolis could opt for Lacy as the potential engine that drives its power running game.

I am not saying that Lacy is our pick, because I don’t have a crystal ball; however, I have said several times that I believe Lacy is on our board at #24. For everyone who keeps blowing it off as a serious possibility, well brace yourself, because if the chips fall the right way then he could be the Colts next draft pick.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know why people on here have such problems with running backs being taken in the first round. I know we have other needs but look how Alfred Morris carried the Redskins last year. Lacy is probably a better prospect than Morris ever was and despite what people think, a good power running back can be key to a successful offense. Also, it's not like were drafting early in the 1st round. At #24 there might not be much top end talent around and so I'd be fine with Lacy, I guess. Unless Rhodes, Hopkins, Cooper, Warmack, Jones or Williams are on the board, I'm fine going with Lacy. I'd much rather that be the case than draft a guy like Margus Hunt who's already 26 and by the time he reaches his prime with be 30 and in decline physically. 

I really don't know why people on here have such problems with running backs being taken in the first round. I know we have other needs but look how Alfred Morris carried the Redskins last year. Lacy is probably a better prospect than Morris ever was and despite what people think, a good power running back can be key to a successful offense. Also, it's not like were drafting early in the 1st round. At #24 there might not be much top end talent around and so I'd be fine with Lacy, I guess. Unless Rhodes, Hopkins, Cooper, Warmack, Jones or Williams are on the board, I'm fine going with Lacy. I'd much rather that be the case than draft a guy like Margus Hunt who's already 26 and by the time he reaches his prime with be 30 and in decline physically. 

I enjoy reading sound-minded posts. Thanks. ;)

Good example. He was taken in the 6th round. 

Because all 6th round RBs are studs. lol

Most of the members on this board believe that we can pick any back in the draft, in any round, and we will have the next Marshall Faulk. It's unbelievable.

Because all 6th round RBs are studs. lol

Most of the members on this board believe that we can pick any back in the draft, in any round, and we will have the next Marshall Faulk. It's unbelievable.

Because unless your name is Barry Sanders than an O-line makes most running backs. It's such a low value position. Lacy isn't even the best RB in this draft. 

McShay’s options for the Colts at #24

Scenario 1: Player everyone talks about.

Scenario 2: Another player everyone talks about.

Scenario 3: If other options aren't attractive, Indianapolis could opt for Lacy as the potential engine that drives its power running game.

I am not saying that Lacy is our pick, because I don’t have a crystal ball; however, I have said several times that I believe Lacy is on our board at #24. For everyone who keeps blowing it off as a serious possibility, well brace yourself, because if the chips fall the right way then he could be the Colts next draft pick.

Thank you,,,The truth may set these people free!!! If Cooper isn't there I hope it's Lacy. -INSTANT IMPACT-

LACY can change this team more than any other player...All the doubters will be buying his jersey once he starts giving us consistent 100+ yard games...

Because unless your name is Barry Sanders than an O-line makes most running backs. It's such a low value position. Lacy isn't even the best RB in this draft. 

You couldn't be further from the truth. At least one  RB has been taken in the first round over the past 50 years. There is a reason for that. Add in the extra year we get by selecting a RB in the first round, and I believe it will make RBs more popular in the late first round. Just look at last year when 3 backs were taken in round 1.

LACY can change this team more than any other player...All the doubters will be buying his jersey once he starts giving us consistent 100+ yard games...

I haven't been that nasty, because I have seen it happen so many times over the years. lol

But you are correct sir! ;)

Dont get me wrong I like Lacy but with the other issues this team has right now

1.Needs another Guard

2.Need a backup FS especially since Bethea is in his last year

3.Need another pass rushing OLB

4.Need another Corner

5.D Line depth

I'd question Grigsons ability as a GM if he went and drafted a rb who is by far and away not going to be the BPA at 24, I think Lacy is a day two pick anyway and not for us, good player but he would be way overdrafted at 24

No way. He's gonna be a ram or steeler

Well the rams need WR and o line so prolly not going there and steelers now need WR after losing Wallace and more then likely sanders so he may still be there not saying I want him but if we picked him I would trust Grigson

Dont get me wrong I like Lacy but with the other issues this team has right now

1.Needs another Guard

2.Need a backup FS especially since Bethea is in his last year

3.Need another pass rushing OLB

4.Need another Corner

5.D Line depth

I'd question Grigsons ability as a GM if he went and drafted a rb who is by far and away not going to be the BPA at 24, I think Lacy is a day two pick anyway and not for us, good player but he would be way overdrafted at 24

If Cooper is there at guard then yes....We have plenty of D-line depth, we are like 8 deep right now, we have 3 solid corners, we can get a good FS in later rounds, and I doubt there will be a true impact rush OLB there..Lacy is head and shoulders above all the RB's in this class. RB is the 1 position that can have an istant impact and take pressure off Luck day 1..All other positions take more time to develop and integrate players except RB, We can still get a quality Guard in the 3rd...Frederick, B. Jones, Winters, Schwenke...Thomas is a good guard and Iljalana is supposed to be healthy. BEST EXAMPLE- LOOK AT WHAT DOUG MARTIN DID AT TAMPA AS A 1ST ROUND RB.."Muscle Hamster" was a beast...What happens if Ballard gets hurt? You ok with Donald Brown and Carter? 

If Cooper is there at guard then yes....We have plenty of D-line depth, we are like 8 deep right now, we have 3 solid corners, we can get a good FS in later rounds, and I doubt there will be a true impact rush OLB there..Lacy is head and shoulders above all the RB's in this class. RB is the 1 position that can have an istant impact and take pressure off Luck day 1..All other positions take more time to develop and integrate players except RB, We can still get a quality Guard in the 3rd...Frederick, B. Jones, Winters, Schwenke...Thomas is a good guard and Iljalana is supposed to be healthy. BEST EXAMPLE- LOOK AT WHAT DOUG MARTIN DID AT TAMPA AS A 1ST ROUND RB.."Muscle Hamster" was a beast...What happens if Ballard gets hurt? You ok with Donald Brown and Carter? 

It looks like we are preaching the same thing. I have been saying all along that if Ballard goes down next year it could seriously hurt our chances of success in 2013. Brown can't stay healthy and Carter needs to buy all the leftover stickum from Biletnikoff.

There's more than 1 round. 

I can't wait. The arm chair gm's will try to bash grigson if he doesn't draft who they want.

I am good going a lot of different directions and can see several picks that would be justified. It amazes me that so many people are against drafting Lacy at #24, when it is obvious why he is a good fit and why he has tremendous value at #24.

It looks like we are preaching the same thing. I have been saying all along that if Ballard goes down next year it could seriously hurt our chances of success in 2013. Brown can't stay healthy and Carter needs to buy all the leftover stickum from Biletnikoff.

Not to mention Brown can't find a hole if he is healthy and he falls down if you look at him wrong...He could have an obvious hole and runs right into a plugged hole..Im surprised he hasn't butt fumbled...He is terrible and is always hurt..I'm not comfortable at RB at all...They act like Ballard is some great all-pro back too, I mean he is pretty good but he isn't great by any means at least not yet...

Yeah I am sure we will not find the Next Barry Sanders with the last pick in the draft. You can keep dreaming about it though; however, it will not make it true.

lol. There's no way we're taking a running back with a 1st round pick. Grigson hasn't even shown any interest at Lacy at all.

Not to mention Brown can't find a hole if he is healthy and he falls down if you look at him wrong...He could have an obvious hole and runs right into a plugged hole..Im surprised he hasn't butt fumbled...He is terrible and is always hurt..I'm not comfortable at RB at all...They act like Ballard is some great all-pro back too, I mean he is pretty good but he isn't great by any means at least not yet...

Ballard has good talent and played with a ton of heart last year, but he is all we can depend on right now. Too much hard work goes into preparing a team, only to have it all fall apart if he goes down. Plus we need fresh legs at the end of the season.

There's more than 1 round. 

You are much more likely to get an All-Pro type game changing RB in round 1 or 2 and we don't have a second...Alfred Morris is more an exception than a rule, and he ran behind a great line and had the advantage of defenses not knowing if he or griffin were gonna run..History backs this up 100% Teams are going RB by committee because there aren't many big time backs around...Lacy is and will be big time..IMO, go ahead and find your stud RB in the 6th...good luck. You may find a decent back or a change of pace back, but odds are you won't find a stud.

A true impact rusher, jeesh only 7 or 8 of them with 1st round grades, Im very ok with Brown starting if we have a capable O Line if Ballard gets injured 

You are much more likely to get an All-Pro type game changing RB in round 1 or 2 and we don't have a second...Alfred Morris is more an exception than a rule, and he ran behind a great line and had the advantage of defenses not knowing if he or griffin were gonna run..History backs this up 100% Teams are going RB by committee because there aren't many big time backs around...Lacy is and will be big time..IMO, go ahead and find your stud RB in the 6th...good luck. You may find a decent back or a change of pace back, but odds are you won't find a stud.

Well said. ;)

lol. There's no way we're taking a running back with a 1st round pick. Grigson hasn't even shown any interest at Lacy at all.

You act like you personally know Grigson...where do you get all this inside information because most things you hear b4 a draft r smokescreens, if your not hearing anything about Grigson being interested in Lacy it means he is probably interested in Lacy...SMDH