Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay hinting....

BlueShoe

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am sure we will not find the Next Barry Sanders with the last pick in the draft. You can keep dreaming about it though; however, it will not make it true.

1. There is no next Barry Sanders

2. WE DON'T NEED the next Barry Sanders

You act like you personally know Grigson...where do you get all this inside information because most things you hear b4 a draft r smokescreens, if your not hearing anything about Grigson being interested in Lacy it means he is probably interested in Lacy...SMDH

What did Mike Lombardi used to say all of the time? I believe it was something like, "Believe nothing a team is doing or saying in the final weeks leading up to the draft."

You act like you personally know Grigson...where do you get all this inside information because most things you hear b4 a draft r smokescreens, if your not hearing anything about Grigson being interested in Lacy it means he is probably interested in Lacy...SMDH

Says the guy who just said that Lacy was going to be running for over 100+ yards for us next season.

:pkb:

A true impact rusher, jeesh only 7 or 8 of them with 1st round grades, Im very ok with Brown starting if we have a capable O Line if Ballard gets injured 

None other than Dion Jordan and Jarvis Jones really stand out imo, but Jones has neck concerns and that's scary...I like Hunt, but would go Lacy b4 him.

Did Grigson phone you and tell you this himself? I will stick with what makes the most sense, and what my instincts as a 30 year Colts (NFL) fan is telling me.

Maybe that's your problem. It isn't 1980 anymore, teams don't need an elite back.

You obviously missed the reference of Barry Sanders to another member who brought up Barry. Some people around here believe that a young Dominic Rhodes is just a phone call away after the draft.

You obviously missed the reference of Barry Sanders to another member who brought up Barry. Some people around here believe that a young Dominic Rhodes is just a phone call away after the draft.

Ballard behind a good OL is good enough for me. Bell or Taylor in the 3rd/4th is fine. The days of first round RBs are over.

Says the guy who just said that Lacy was going to be running over 100+ yards for us next season.

:pkb:

I hope so, but don't claim to know it's true, but it's a logical and can't miss pick barring an injury...He will be a 1,000-1,500 yard back for years..

I hope so, but don't claim to know it's true, but it's a logical and can't miss pick barring an injury...He will be a 1,000-1,500 yard back for years..

Maybe. I'd rather grab a change of pace back in the 4th and just use a running back by commitee though. We have more pressing needs than RB.

Maybe that's your problem. It isn't 1980 anymore, teams don't need an elite back.

You really think teams don't need backs who can run, block , and catch the ball? And you say I am living in 1980? Wow. If I left you alone for a while you might eventually talk yourself into picking Lacy at #24.

No , they need 1 pretty good back and 2 run of the mill  500 yard type backs with fumbling and injury concerns:::What happens when that pretty good back gets hurt?

You really think teams don't need backs who can run, block , and catch the ball? And you say I am living in 1980? Wow. If I left you alone for a while you might eventually talk yourself into picking Lacy at #24.

Since when can Lacy block or catch? He's mediocre at both of those. You sound like you'd like Stepfan Taylor better if you like those attributes.

Taylor and Bell can both do that. Lacy isn't very good at catching or blocking. No need to look to the first for that.

Look at the last two 1st round RBs from Bama. Both busts so far.

Ballard behind a good OL is good enough for me. Bell or Taylor in the 3rd/4th is fine. The days of first round RBs are over.

Its funny how people miss the directions as they are traveling even when handed a map.

In the old days teams relied on an every down back. Things started to sway to a RB by committee somewhere in the late 90'a and early 2000's. Now because of scheme teams need two backs who can run, block, and pass. If the team does not have that then the offense becomes very predictable.

Defenses: Hey they have the blocking back in so they are passing. Or hey their runner who can't block is in the game so look for a run or screen.

Somehow you fell out of the boat and still missed the water my friend.

Its funny how people miss the directions as they are traveling even when handed a map.

In the old days teams relied on an every down back. Things started to sway to a RB by committee somewhere in the late 90'a and early 2000's. Now because of scheme teams need two backs who can run, block, and pass. If the team does not have that then the offense becomes very predictable.

Defenses: Hey they have the blocking back in so they are passing. Or hey their runner who can't block is in the game so look for a run or screen.

Somehow you fell out of the boat and still missed the water my friend.

What? haha

i am not saying this kid would be as good as Barry Sanders but if the Colts were on poistion to draft the next Barry Sanders I would be disappointed if the passed on him even if they didn't "need" him. Again I am not saying this kid will be anywhere near that good.

None other than Dion Jordan and Jarvis Jones really stand out imo, but Jones has neck concerns and that's scary...I like Hunt, but would go Lacy b4 him.

Overdrafting him, Does not have the best ball carrying vision from what I see all the time, Yes he is impressive but for us that would be overdrafting him, you fix the O Line first before you worry about a running back

Since when can Lacy block or catch? He's mediocre at both of those. You sound like you'd like Stepfan Taylor better if you like those attributes.

Says who? Some draft website you found?

Eddie Lacy can block and catch the ball very well.

Glad someone mentioned Alfred Morris. PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY YOU DO NOT NEED AN "ELITE" RB! All you need is a good oline & any RB will shine. If not, then he shouldn't be playing RB. We don't need all these big name people & Grigson has shown that he doesn't care what your name is. Those of you expecting Lacy in the 1st, not saying it impossible..... but remember.... he's a "big name". We could grab a RB in the 4th or later.

Says who? Some draft website you found?

Eddie Lacy can block and catch the ball very well.

says who? some guy behind a computer screen? face it, running backs dont have as much value as they once did unless they are truly elite and thats not going to be Lacy

And another thing, you guys are seriously OVERRATING Lacy. Every RB that comes outta Bama people say they're "the best in the draft". When you're running behind the best oline in CFB, of course you'll look good. They could literally pick ANY HUMAN on earth & let them play RB for Bama and they'll do good. It's more of the oline that's making the RB's like Ingram, Richardson, & now Lacy look good. Just throwing this out there

Taylor and Bell can both do that. Lacy isn't very good at catching or blocking. No need to look to the first for that.

Look at the last two 1st round RBs from Bama. Both busts so far.

Teams rarely find RBs who can run, block, and catch the ball well past the early part of the draft. That is why the RB is picked there. and because Lacy can do it all is the reason he is considered a first round pick.

Richardson is not a bust. That kid has a lot of upside. Don't confuse the game we played against him with how good he is. He had busted up ribs from the week before that game and shouldn't have been playing, and that's why they pulled him. Anyone could see the kid was playing with extreme pain that day.

Have you even watchd any tape on him at all?

I have watched plenty, and not just some highlights either, I have watched full games live.

The question is Have You watched this kid play at all, because it is not hard to see he has tremendous talent.

I have watched plenty, and not just some highlights either, I have watched full games live.

The question is Have You watched this kid play at all, because it is not hard to see he has tremendous talent.

Yes I have. He's a mediocre pass blocker and receiver out of the backfield. We need a 3rd down back. Not a 1st and 2nd down one.

says who? some guy behind a computer screen? face it, running backs dont have as much value as they once did unless they are truly elite and thats not going to be Lacy

Someone who actually watches football and doesn't read copied and pasted made up stuff about players on Web sites like therealdraftwebsite.net

Someone who actually watches football and doesn't read copied and pasted made up stuff about players on Web sites like therealdraftwebsite.net

so your saying that the draft grade that has Lacy as a 2nd round pick is wrong on NFL.com? he has an 82.0 draft grade which is a top of the 2nd round pick and as I said rb has lost some value over the years, a good O Line is much more important, we can go around and around about this but facts are facts, the position has lost alot of value, heck there is not 1st round rated rb this year

It's a Mock Draft, there are thousands of Mocks done by draft experts/scouts, doesn't mean they are hinting at anything( a 3rd case scenario at that)

One of those "draft experts" mocked us Corey Lemonier in round 1.

And before this mock, McShay mocked us Justin Pugh in Round 1 in one of his mocks.

Mock drafts aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

And now people are getting exciting about a 3rd case scenario of a mock draft. C'mon Man *in my best Chris Carter voice*

Teams rarely find RBs who can run, block, and catch the ball well past the early part of the draft. That is why the RB is picked there. and because Lacy can do it all is the reason he is considered a first round pick.

Richardson is not a bust. That kid has a lot of upside. Don't confuse the game we played against him with how good he is. He had busted up ribs from the week before that game and shouldn't have been playing, and that's why they pulled him. Anyone could see the kid was playing with extreme pain that day.

Do far, Richardson is a bust. Upside means nothing when talking about busts.

And you think in basing this off of the one game where he played us? He was mediocre all year.

so your saying that the draft grade that has Lacy as a 2nd round pick is wrong on NFL.com? he has an 82.0 draft grade which is a top of the 2nd round pick and as I said rb has lost some value over the years, a good O Line is much more important, we can go around and around about this but facts are facts, the position has lost alot of value, heck there is not 1st round rated rb this year

Kiper has him at #21 and CBS has him at #28. Bucky Brooks and Gil Brandt from NFL.com have Lacy going to St. Louis at #22.

Do far, Richardson is a bust. Upside means nothing when talking about busts.

And you think in basing this off of the one game where he played us? He was mediocre all year.

Just pointing out that if a Colts fan was basing the game against us as his career then it's not a fair judgment.

Richardson put up close to 1000 yards and 12 TDs, for a bad team, with a rookie quarterback not named Luck, and a team that was sold during the season. Plus he battled through some injuries. How does that even remotely make a RB a bust?