Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay hinting....

BlueShoe

i'VE SAID MANY TIMES WE NEED A RUSH OLB AND i AM NOT AGAINST IT...I'M JUST MAKING THE POINT FOR LACY. I WOULD BE HAPPY IF WE GET COOPER OR 1 OF THE MANY GOOD OLB'S, BUT I'D ALSO BE EXCITED IF WE GOT LACY...JUST NO REACH AT GUARD AND NO CB'S OR SAFETY IN THE FIRST.

Please stop posting in all caps. It's against the rules.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know why he's injured? BECAUSE ALABAMA RUNS THEIR RB'S INTO THE GROUND!

Ingram, Richardson, & now Lacy have ALL suffered an injury in the pros from their wear & tear of touching the ball a million times at Bama. I refuse to waste a 1st round pick that we worked hard for (coming from the #1 overall last year to the 24th this year) on a woren down RB when we could grab one in the 4th or later

Gut feeling....one more dynamic...sorry

Back to topic :)

Get that defense together??, they have Von Miller who is the 2nd most dominating defensive player in the league 2nd only to Watt...The defense was a strength for them?? In the playoff game Denver had 2 special teams TD's and another on a turnover that's 21 of the 35 points scored,,Manning choked only scoring 14 points on Offense!! If Manning would have scored more than 14 points they still would have won.

Get that defense together??, they have Von Miller who is the 2nd most dominating defensive player in the league 2nd only to Watt...The defense was a strength for them?? In the playoff game Denver had 2 special teams TD's and another on a turnover that's 21 of the 35 points scored,,Manning choked only scoring 14 points on Offense!! If Manning would have scored more than 14 points they still would have won.

Again, you are terrible with facts!!!

Manning scored all 21 pts, with 3 TD passes (Moreno, Stokely, Demaryius Thomas in 4th qtr.). Ravens scored 1 TD on defense. Broncos' D did not get a single TD and sacked Flacco only once.  What are you talking about? You must just like hearing yourself talk, much like a new Pats fan I have encountered on this forum. :)

EDIT: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330112007

Special Teams, Defense, & Offense are 3 different areas. The "Defense" still allowed Flacco to throw the game winner to Jones on that play. Defense lost that game for them. 35 points as a team should be enough to secure a Win but Denver's defense allowed the Ravens to stay in that game

You quote me...I mentioned running backs...TK said defense....

I would love to debate, quote what i am referencing....this quote did not apply to discussion with you.

Again, you are terrible with facts!!!

Manning scored all 21 pts, with 3 TD passes (Moreno, Stokely, Demaryius Thomas in 4th qtr.). Ravens scored 1 TD on defense. Broncos' D did not get a single TD and sacked Flacco only once.  What are you talking about? You must just like hearing yourself talk, much like a new Pats fan I have encountered on this forum. :)

EDIT: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330112007

Terrible with facts??? Denver scored 2 special teams touchdowns and I mixed up the interception Manning threw that was returned for a TD...So he scored 21 and gave up 7 which still means he is only responsible for 14 on the positive side...Not to mention the fumble Manning had that also was converted into a TD..smh. "You can't win" lmao

Everything seems to be against the rules....

Learn them....I had to....then get your facts straight, debate, and admit that you are wrong about 95% of the time....OK...I better go check the stats to see if that 95% is correct...darn..and I cannot find the link.... :popcorn:  :spit:  :funny:  :lol:  haha

Special Teams, Defense, & Offense are 3 different areas. The "Defense" still allowed Flacco to throw the game winner to Jones on that play. Defense lost that game for them. 35 points as a team should be enough to secure a Win but Denver's defense allowed the Ravens to stay in that game

Flacco lit up the 49ers pretty good too, and they had a top defense all season...11 tds -0 ints, he was on fire all post season. The defense was a strength most of the season.

He just had his pro day today. He ran a 4.6 and couldn't finish drills because he was out of shape.

The original Alabama Pro-day was about three weeks ago and he couldn't participate cause he is recovering from SURGERY... They may have moved it to today foe him which i didn't know about ..He did miss the original pro day and combine and of course he will be out of shape.

The original Alabama Pro-day was about three weeks ago and he couldn't participate cause he is recovering from SURGERY... They may have moved it to today foe him which i didn't know about ..He did miss the original pro day and combine and of course he will be out of shape.

lmao yeah, because that makes sense.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, April 11, 2013 - bickering
Hidden by Superman, April 11, 2013 - bickering

Learn them....I had to....then get your facts straight, debate, and admit that you are wrong about 95% of the time....OK...I better go check the stats to see if that 95% is correct...darn..and I cannot find the link.... :popcorn:  :spit:  :funny:  :lol:  haha

When are you right or contribute anything other than putting your icons up which is something my 5 year old would do..That is so funny..SMH

I think all this talk of running back is crazy! I want a skilled player position in the 1st round. WR, OLB, or CB is the greater need IMHO and in that order. Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, and Robert Woods could make our offense good for years to come... especially with Reggie being close to retiring. If for some freak reason they are not there we go for Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, or Alex Okafore at OLB. The only corner that I think will be there at 24 and worthy of that pick is Trufant so our pickins will be slim there.

My 2¢.

Terrible with facts??? Denver scored 2 special teams touchdowns and I mixed up the interception Manning threw that was returned for a TD...So he scored 21 and gave up 7 which still means he is only responsible for 14 on the positive side...Not to mention the fumble Manning had that also was converted into a TD..smh. "You can't win" lmao

So, you were wrong. That clears it up. :)

Dude, whatever, it was the bottom of 2nd basically a 3rd, it's easy too go back and cross reference after the fact 2006 was a while ago and that's not a high pick...Bottom 2nd or 3rd?? Not considered a high pick..

You were still wrong saying he was outside the 2nd round. Technically wrong, that is all I was pointing out. :)

Nothing more to add.

JShipp23 quote: Alfred Morris is more an exception than a rule, and he ran behind a great line and had the advantage of defenses not knowing if he or griffin were gonna run..

^^^^^

Very true on the money, I've told that to poster RGIII on here and he always refutted it...

Go Colts!!!!!

Colts will not go after a RB with the #24, won't happen!!!!!

10 months ago. Lol. There's no excuse you can make.

Dude , it's the same injury bothering him...The point is you can't stay in shape if you can't run on your leg.... What is Deomantre Moore's excuse for being a lazy unmotivated pud who is dumber than a bag of hammers?? You seem to be in love with this player and I can't understand it?? It's like you ignore the negative stuff about a player you like ??? Somehow Lacy is horrible and all these experts who have him going in the 1st are wrong, and all these GM's are wrong?? The tape I've watched on him is lying, him embarrassing Notre Dame was an abberation..smh

He also had surgery for turf toe, and he still can't run or maintain football shape if he is trying to get his leg to heal...What about that is hard to understand?

He shouldn't have participated in pro day then.

I don't have a problem with Lacy, don't want us to take him, but I'm not saying I don't think he'll be a good player. But he should have set up private workouts once he was ready to perform. Showing up unable to compete makes him look bad.

Dude , it's the same injury bothering him...The point is you can't stay in shape if you can't run on your leg.... What is Deomantre Moore's excuse for being a lazy unmotivated pud who is dumber than a bag of hammers?? You seem to be in love with this player and I can't understand it?? It's like you ignore the negative stuff about a player you like ??? Somehow Lacy is horrible and all these experts who have him going in the 1st are wrong, and all these GM's are wrong?? The tape I've watched on him is lying, him embarrassing Notre Dame was an abberation..smh

I didn't say he was horrible. He's just not worth a first round pick. I bet today changed up most of their boards.

I would be mad if we took a RB with our 1st round pick.  Only way I take RB with our pick is if it's Tavon Austin.  And he's not even a running back (even though does play RB sometimes and he played it in HS), and he's not going to be there when we pick.  So no.

EDIT:  I just seen McShay talk about how WR's are going to do in the first round, and I hope what he said is right because he has like a possible 3-5 teams taking WR's.  More players for us to choose from!

I heard them talking on NFL network either yesterday or 2 days ago, saying that the general consensus around the league is that Lacy is not a 1st rd. prospect.

These so called experts are wrong all the time and seem to change their mind on a daily basis....I'm tired of their nonsense..They have come up with 100 different scenarios already on each player, I'll just go by what i see and feel about a player instead of parrotting everything I hear on ESPN and NFL.com etc, etc...

I wonder if he's still going to go to the draft. I didn't think he should go even before today.

http://nflcommunications.com/2013/04/10/23-players-to-attend-2013-nfl-draft/

If I'm not mistaken, usually the people who attend but aren't picked on the first day still get to come on the stage and get a jersey the second day. I think Fleener did it last year, but yeah if he's there with the hope of being picked in the 1st he's likely going to be dissapointed.

If I'm not mistaken, usually the people who attend but aren't picked on the first day still get to come on the stage and get a jersey the second day. I think Fleener did it last year, but yeah if he's there with the hope of being picked in the 1st he's likely going to be dissapointed.

That's still a tough Thursday night, and Friday morning. It was different when the first two rounds were both on Saturday. Even if you drop out of the first round, you don't have to wait another 24 hours to have your name called.

And I forgot that Fleener was there last year. Ouch. Cordy Glenn was also there, and didn't go til 41. Devon Still didn't go til 53. Might be others that I'm not catching...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/04/record-26-players-to-attend-2012-nfl-draft/1#.UWcEzFccMil

That's still a tough Thursday night, and Friday morning. It was different when the first two rounds were both on Saturday. Even if you drop out of the first round, you don't have to wait another 24 hours to have your name called.

And I forgot that Fleener was there last year. Ouch. Cordy Glenn was also there, and didn't go til 41. Devon Still didn't go til 53. Might be others that I'm not catching...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/04/record-26-players-to-attend-2012-nfl-draft/1#.UWcEzFccMil

Still feel Cordy Glenn should have been our pick. Maybe with Pep Hamilton at the helm, I might change my tune if Fleener takes off. But given our OL woes and lack of offensive woes in the passing game even with Fleener not contributing as much, I felt Cordy Glenn would have one more year under his belt and the russian roulette with McGlynn and Justice would not have needed to happen last year. He would have been a good player for the power blocking scheme we wanted too. :(

But that is a story for another thread, right? :)