Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Throwback Colts Jerseys in 2013

HtownColt

They've been selling those since Nike released the new Uniforms over the summer.We wore them against Philly a few years ago, Austin Collie suffered a nasty concusion that game.

"Plus, it's just kinda cool to see Andrew Luck in a jersey that looks like something John Unitas might have worn." :facepalm:

johnny-unitas.jpg

I don't dislike Wells as much as I used to, but this story is just trash and not at all journalistic...reeks of basement blogger (had to throw in a Saturday reference). I was looking at nfl.com and noticed they were selling throwbacks way before this article. This isn't news. Not sure who looks worse, Furst or Wells...

It says more about Nike and the NFL wanting to make money than the Colts wearing them next year (although they probably will). I am thinking about getting a Hilton one though...

Im not sure if the pro shop selling these and the Colts wearing them this yr. have anything to do with each other, but I really like these throwback uniform's. I like the blue helmet and the striping is better than our current one's IMO. I just wish the shoes weren't on the back of the helmet.

Yeah we also wore them in a pre-season game with the 49ers that year as well.  We wore a slightly different throw back uniform in 2004 when we played the Lions on Thanksgiving as well.  It was the helmet in that style just white rather than blue. 

In 2010, eagles game was the last time aka Collie's serious concussion game, he was laid out

Not sure you understand what throwback means.

Throwback: Jersey's that stunk in previous years that could not stand the test of time. A conceptual product worn by players aimed at increasing fan support that fell by the wayside... Special note: See "Bumble Bee Steelers"

Throwback: Jersey's that stunk in previous years that could not stand the test of time. A conceptual product worn by players aimed at increasing fan support that fell by the wayside... Special note: See "Bumble Bee Steelers"

Oh, yeah ... the Steelers unis were quite "interesting" ... like something you'd see in a Baby Einstein video.

Chargers throwbacks defies your logic. Powder blues are the complete opposite of the "Bumble Bee Steelers" when it comes to throwback uniforms.

Chargers throwbacks defies your logic. Powder blues are the complete opposite of the "Bumble Bee Steelers" when it comes to throwback uniforms.

Mentioning the Chargers Powder blue throwbacks on a Colts forum? Danger waters my friend!

They've been selling those since Nike released the new Uniforms over the summer.We wore them against Philly a few years ago, Austin Collie suffered a nasty concusion that game.

"Plus, it's just kinda cool to see Andrew Luck in a jersey that looks like something John Unitas might have worn." :facepalm:

johnny-unitas.jpg

Those throwbacks with the 3 blue bars on the sleeve  are 1953-56 I believe. Johnny U came on board in 56 or 7. Those helmets were the first helmets the Colt's wore before they went with the white and horseshoe look.

johnny-unitas.jpg

Like mahagga said, it all depends on what helmet we wear with these uniforms. If it's the dark blue helmet Johnny didn't wear it, but if it is the white helmet, like the 2004 Thanksgiving game, those are Johnny's rookie threads.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - personal shot

Not sure where to start with this :facepalm: ......Think I'm gonna leave this one alone

Oh. I thought you watched Colts football prior to Luck. My mistake.

Many of us who did, cringe at the very description of such jerseys. (I know a Chargers fan in a Powder blue is gonna have something to say to me if I am wearing my Colts gear and for obvious reasons I want nothing to do with that conversation lol.)

Perhaps now that I notice your Durant quote, you may not even be a Colts fan and therefore the joke was probably destined to go over your head.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - quoted removed post

I threw up in my mouth a little bit...Did you just compliment the Chargers?  No...

Many of us who did, cringe at the very description of such jerseys. (I know a Chargers fan in a Powder blue is gonna have something to say to me if I am wearing my Colts gear and for obvious reasons I want nothing to do with that conversation lol.)

Perhaps now that I notice your Durant quote, you may not even be a Colts fan and therefore the joke was probably destined to go over your head.

And amongst those of us who watched football even FARTHER back in the dark mists of time, like before 2007, the Chargers held no special significance. Two playoff losses don't change the fact that the Chargers used to have one of the most striking uniforms in sports. You really want to draw a line in the sand, insult a good member, and challenge his fandom over that? Give me a break, I like the uniforms of tons of teams. You need to relax.

I don't dislike Wells as much as I used to, but this story is just trash and not at all journalistic...reeks of basement blogger (had to throw in a Saturday reference). I was looking at nfl.com and noticed they were selling throwbacks way before this article. This isn't news. Not sure who looks worse, Furst or Wells...

It says more about Nike and the NFL wanting to make money than the Colts wearing them next year (although they probably will). I am thinking about getting a Hilton one though...

Very good points. The NFL makes no bones about trying to make money any way possible. That's business, good for them.

Wells... I just don't get how SB wants to be a mainstream source when they have a guy who writes like a twelve year old as their lead. Does anyone really think he's a decent writer? Embarrassing.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - quoted removed post

The fools are coming out of crevices this offseason it seems. If you don't like my opinion fine. If you want to start judging people that's something that will have you on the way out of here. You're in no position to judge anyone around here so don't go judging me or anyone else. Simple as that.

And amongst those of us who watched football even FARTHER back in the dark mists of time, like before 2007, the Chargers held no special significance. Two playoff losses don't change the fact that the Chargers used to have one of the most striking uniforms in sports. You really want to draw a line in the sand, insult a good member, and challenge his fandom over that? Give me a break, I like the uniforms of tons of teams. You need to relax.

What?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - personal argument

The fools are coming out of crevices this offseason it seems. If you don't like my opinion fine. If you want to start judging people that's something that will have you on the way out of here. You're in no position to judge anyone around here so don't go judging me or anyone else. Simple as that.

Trying to figure out what team you are a fan of by using the Durant quote you supplied is not "judging' you. I am not sure why you perceive it as such. People are forced to make assumptions based on your avatar and signature on a online forum.

You keep calling everyone a fool and you will be on the way out of here. I kept it on topic you are going off a tangent personally insulting me which is against forum rules.

Incorrect! It is was actually in more than 2 playoff games, funny how other Colts fans have blocked the 6 pick manning game from their memory.

Give ME a break. When on earth did I insult anyone when did I draw a line? You need to calm down. What post of mine did you read?! Where are you getting this from?

You like the Uniforms of tons of teams? Great me too.... What does that have to do with anything? Why is  that  a topic of argument?

You are all worked up over nothing and quote obviously misunderstood my post. It was a freackin' joke and I even called him "friend" in my post.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2013 - personal argument

T

Incorrect! It is was actually in more than 2 playoff games, funny how other Colts fans have blocked the 6 pick manning game from their memory.

Give ME a break. When on earth did I insult anyone when did I draw a line? You need to calm down. What post of mine did you read?! Where are you getting this from?

You like the Uniforms of tons of teams? Great me too.... What does that have to do with anything? Why is  that  a topic of argument?

You are all worked up over nothing and quote obviously misunderstood my post. It was a freackin' joke and I even called him "friend" in my post.

I don't have issues with the Chargers just because Peyton had a lousy game against them - and that was also 2007 by the way, so I don't see how I was inaccurate in my timeline. And what I mostly remember about that game was another stirring Peyton comeback - they darn near won it. In fact it was only the absurdly venerated Vinatieri blowing a chipshot that prevented them from doing so. The Chargers fans were probably having flashbacks at that point, because it would have reminded them (as it did me) about ANOTHER amazing comeback - the game in which Peyton broke the single season TD record on the game tying score a few years earlier.

I don't need to calm down because at no point have I been even remotely upset. I interjected merely to push back against those busily turned a silly thread about throwback jersey's into an argument about fandom. If that wasn't what you intended, and if in fact you were trying to be funny, I'm sorry. But really - your "humor" wasn't remotely evident either by word or emoticon. IE:

"Oh. I thought you watched Colts football prior to Luck. My mistake."

Sarcastic, argumentative, and completely out of line considering the intent of the post you were replying to. Sounds like you are looking for a fight.

What do liking uniforms have to do with anything? The entire point of this distraction was your poking someone who complimented another teams uniforms.

"Perhaps now that I notice your Durant quote, you may not even be a Colts fan and therefore the joke was probably destined to go over your head."

You don't think that he's a Colts fan? Seriously. I know that he's a Colts fan, are you new to the forum? This sounds like you "know" he's a Colts fan, but you are saying that "a real Colts fan" wouldn't dare compliment the Chargers. And the phrase "over your head" is simply insulting in any context.

I'm not clear on how you can react with such astonishment to me, while simultaneous replying to "the guy you were talking to" who apparently didn't get it either. You pushed buttons. If you didn't mean to, than apologize and move on, don't act as if you are being victimized.

How the Colts played against a team has NOTHING to do with if a uniform is good looking or not.  I don't like the Chargers at all but I will freely admit their powder blues are one of the color uniforms in sports and maybe the BEST throwback uniform in the NFL. 

For example.  I HATE the Pats but I love their throw backs to the red jerseys with the Patriot on the side of the helmet standing over the football.