Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If DHB signs...

MrNLM

Running back is not a need, with an improved o-line who knows what might happen to our ground game. Trade out of the first with Cincy, they have 2 seconds this year and maybe something for next year. Address o-line, d-line, cb etc.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHB would be nice. How many yrs now have we lost this game or that because Reggie was the only healthy WR. I don't see a need for a back. Ballard did an awesome job last yr considering an all new offence, coaches and players. Draft for O-line and run-stopping D.

If he signs, I see no reason at all to take a WR at 24.

I really would not be at all surprised to see us trade #24 this year. There's really no GLARING need, and I don't think there is currently any "can't miss" talents in this draft at that time.

I think we need another pass rusher, and probably a guard (would be nice to have someone with some pedigree at right guard, rather than a conglomerate of castoffs and misfits). And I'd take a corner at #24 also, depending on who's still left, but would prefer a pass rusher for sure.

I haven't looked at what the trade value should be for #24, but if we could get a mid to high second rounder and an additional fourth or high fifth rounder, then it would be worthwhile to trade down. There's not a lot of difference between the 24th guy and the 44th guy in this draft, I don't think. But I bet Grigson just takes whoever he likes there, and I'm cool with that as well. 

According to this (and this is the same chart all over the web), #24 is worth #44 (2nd, 12th) + #76 (3rd, 12th) + #108 (4th, 12th), give or take a few points. I don't know about that, seems a little steep. I'd love it if we got that kind of haul for our first rounder, but I doubt that we could, especially in the same year.

i would trade up for a great rookie RB                            :agree:

Good thing there aren't any "Great" RBs in this draft worth trading up for... Lacy would be there at 24 for us if we wanted him, I just don't see us taking him. We should grab Moore or Copper if they are there and if not trade back and grab Justin Hunter. 

If we take any running back, it'd be Stepfan Taylor in either the 3rd or 4th. Not saying I would like that, but that seems like the most logical choice if we go the RB route.

no I'm sure leveon bell will be available taylor is good but with running we can't just get a guy cus he's familiar with System (mewelde moore)... We should go b.t.a (best talent available)

no I'm sure leveon bell will be available taylor is good but with running we can't just get a guy cus he's familiar with System (mewelde moore)... We should go b.t.a (best talent available)

Didn't say I wanted him, but if history is any indicator, we'll grab any player that's played at Stanford in the past 3 years.

Running back is not a need, with an improved o-line who knows what might happen to our ground game. Trade out of the first with Cincy, they have 2 seconds this year and maybe something for next year. Address o-line, d-line, cb etc.

When I started this thread I was thinking along the same lines as far as Oline being better which should affect the run game.

If we did go after a RB at all I wouldnt mind La'Veon Bell, Montee Ball, or Marcus Lattimore... I'll leave it up to the bigwigs to decide what round would be appropriate.

Aren't there just 3 Stanford players on the roster(Luck, Fleener, Whalen)

UConn has 3 players(Donald Brown, Darius Butler, Donald Thomas)

Those are just coincidences though. Fleener, Whalen, and Hamilton were brought because of familiarity.

Aren't there just 3 Stanford players on the roster(Luck, Fleener, Whalen)

UConn has 3 players(Donald Brown, Darius Butler, Donald Thomas)

Actually.....   technically,  there are 4 Stanford players on the roster...

Luck, Fleener, Whalen and a DB we signed as a free agent late last year named....    Delano Howell...

Bio/Profile:

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Delano-Howell/28264345-b4dc-401d-8369-a7f6106f673a

If he makes the team I think he'd be a back-up and special teams guy....  otherwise,  I wouldn't expect him to make it....

Good college player...   not sure he's got enough game for the NFL...

Actually..... technically, there are 4 Stanford players on the roster...

Luck, Fleener, Whalen and a DB we signed as a free agent late last year named.... Delano Howell...

Bio/Profile:

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Delano-Howell/28264345-b4dc-401d-8369-a7f6106f673a

If he makes the team I think he'd be a back-up and special teams guy.... otherwise, I wouldn't expect him to make it....

Good college player... not sure he's got enough game for the NFL...

Oh yes how could I forget about Delano Howell lol, he wasn't brought in for familiarity though

No way we go WR this year (in the 1st) if DHB signs... there are some good WR prospects coming out next year....

I think that there is a need for a 3rd RB, but its not a very pressing one... I am excited to see what Ballard and Brown can do behind an improved O-Line, but Carter has shown very little, for me... and the Mewelde Moore incident(s) last season illustrate the importance of having a stable back there in case of inevitable injury... I think Pep would like to have a hands back who can be trusted to catch passes out of the backfield on third down and provide some decent blocking... maybe Grigs can mine one from the later rounds...

I still think that the best scenario for the Colts in this draft is to aggressively attempt to trade out of the 1st for a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th then trade up (out of the 5th, 6th, and 7th) for an extra 4th... If our F.O. can finagle a situation like that we will be set with 5 picks in rounds 2-4...  setting us up for draft day perfection... Make it happen!!!

you're absolutely right in your thinking hopefully grigson thinks this way too but who knows

Future picks. We might be able to pull a future 1 out of it from a contender team that expects to pick 25th or after in 2014. I certainly think we could get a 2014 2nd and more out of it.

This just isn't an amazing draft class, so I don't think it would hurt us to get out of the spot.

One area that is getting overlooked is the pass rush. Outside of Mathis and Redding in spurts, there was very little pass rush all season. The Colts tried using various schemes to compensate but it only worked in limited situations. That inturn put more pressure on a CB group that struggled with injuries.

The colts were dangerous as a pass defense for two reasons in the past. The scheme and pass rush. They once again have the right scheme, it's just time to get the pass rush going again.

I have no doubt that they will go BPA. That said, I would love it if the best player available was a OG with an attitude problem .......in a good way.

I agree. But if all the top guards are off the board, then I you have to consider one of the top CB's or WR's if a "can't miss" type of guy is there.

If we sign Darrius Heyward-Bey we have a legit shot at a Super Bowl, even though without him, i still think we have a shot, but with him, I would consider us one of the top 5 or 6 favorites behind Denver, San Fran, New England, seattle, Atlanta, and Green Bay though I would put us ahead of Atlanta

If we sign Darrius Heyward-Bey we have a legit shot at a Super Bowl, even though without him, i still think we have a shot, but with him, I would consider us one of the top 5 or 6 favorites behind Denver, San Fran, New England, seattle, Atlanta, and Green Bay though I would put us ahead of Atlanta

thems-fighting-words.jpg

i think we are a top 10 team.. we are in that 7-13 team, with 6 favorites, SF, Denver, NE, Seattle, Atlanta, Green Bay.

On paper, we're there with Texans, Chicago, Viks, Cincy and Saints with the question mark of pittsburgh, and Baltimore, we can be there in the AFC.

So.. in the AFC, probably Denver > NE > Texans? > Colts/Cincy or Pittsburgh?/Baltimore? > maybe Jets/Brows(rising)/KC in the hunt?

It will be interesting for sure.. but we're "LUCKy" we're no in the NFC

We have to see our team play together first especially the new look defense before making claims like that