Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Jarvis Jones Falls To Late Teens.......

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do we Trade Up?

• Yes
    • No

As good as he is and probably will be I say no for 2 reasons

1.We may not even have to trade up for him if enough teams question his health (which all reports indicate is fine)

2.There will be other pass rushing options available

1.Okafor

2.Carradine

3.Moore maybe

4.Werner maybe

If we want to go with a pass rusher and none of those are there (2 of them will be at least Im sure) then we can trade down and take Brandon Jenkins and pick up an extra draft pick in the process

I would like Jones in the 1st but not enough to trade up for him

Is anyone actually comfortable with walden starting?

Yep, I have no reason not to be and neither does anyone else honestly. They only know what they've heard through 3rd parties. Unless some have watched every snap of his career and know for a fact that he wouldn't do what he was brought here to do, then nobody has any reason what so ever to not feel comfortable with him starting. Lets face it, most people don't like the thoughts of him starting, simply because they don't know who he is.

Nope but I dont think thats set in stone this early even with the contract Walden got the Colts can back out of that and not owe him anything beyond 250,000.00 in 2014. I think we will get a pass rusher at some point in the draft although even if we dont Walden beating out Hughes is by far no guarantee once you consider what Hughes did last year in 6 starts  compared to what Walden did getting 15 starts in 2010, I think its very much up in the air 

I wouldn't trade up for anyone in the draft it would cost us a 3rd and we don't have a 2nd round pick.  Here is my top 5 picks i have on my board.

1.Deandre Hopkins- The best WR in the draft can do it all.

2.Alec Ogletree- i know this will surprise some of you but im not really sold on Angerer or Connor as 3-4 ILB's. Freeman and Ogletree would be the 2nd best lb duo only behind the 49ers.

3. Keenan Allen- Doesn't have the speed of Hopkins but is great at everything else

4.Desmond Trufant- the best man cover CB in the draft but needs to improve in zone and tackling

5.Justin Hunter- Huge upside great size

Obviously Pagano is:

"On first and second down, (Walden) sets the edge as good as anybody," Pagano said. "In the National Football League and in our division, we always say, 'No edge. No chance.' He's going to be a great edge setter and then converting on first and second down when we do bring him, he's going to add that pass rush capability."-Pagano

"He's got a great repertoire of pass-rush moves and things like that and a lot of tools in his toolbox. But a lot of it is just outworking guys and this guy's got a motor that doesn't stop."-Pagano

I wouldn't trade up for anyone in the draft it would cost us a 3rd and we don't have a 2nd round pick. Here is my top 5 picks i have on my board.

1.Deandre Hopkins- The best WR in the draft can do it all.

2.Alec Ogletree- i know this will surprise some of you but im not really sold on Angerer or Connor as 3-4 ILB's. Freeman and Ogletree would be the 2nd best lb duo only behind the 49ers.

3. Keenan Allen- Doesn't have the speed of Hopkins but is great at everything else

4.Desmond Trufant- the best man cover CB in the draft but needs to improve in zone and tackling

5.Justin Hunter- Huge upside great size

Hopkins' main weakness is speed...

Obviously Pagano is:

"On first and second down, (Walden) sets the edge as good as anybody," Pagano said. "In the National Football League and in our division, we always say, 'No edge. No chance.' He's going to be a great edge setter and then converting on first and second down when we do bring him, he's going to add that pass rush capability."-Pagano

"He's got a great repertoire of pass-rush moves and things like that and a lot of tools in his toolbox. But a lot of it is just outworking guys and this guy's got a motor that doesn't stop."-Pagano

I think I'll take the coaches word over the media or anybody on the forum.

Hopkins' main weakness is speed...

I think you have it backwards Hopkins ran a 4.41 40 at his pro day. Allen is the guy who most scouts are suspect about of his deep speed. Hopkins went against some of the top CB's in the college like Amerson and Rhodes and  consistently  got seperation. You can tell by just watching highlights Hopkins is a deep threat Allen rarely goes deep.

Robert Mathis is listed at 6'2" 245lbs (same as Jones) and he was in a 4-3 for years 

The Giants don't like small DE's and the Colts played a Tampa 2. Yeah, technically still a 4-3 front but it's notorious for tiny guys. I wish we could have seen what Jones actually weighed at at the combine. I've seen him listed at 240 and I think that may be generous. He looks rather lanky IMO, especially his upper body.

The Giants don't like small DE's and the Colts played a Tampa 2. Yeah, technically still a 4-3 front but it's notorious for tiny guys. I wish we could have seen what Jones actually weighed at at the combine. I've seen him listed at 240 and I think that may be generous. He looks rather lanky IMO, especially his upper body.

Kinda has the build of Erik Walden in my opinion, much more talent but similar build

I think you have it backwards Hopkins ran a 4.41 40 at his pro day. Allen is the guy who most scouts are suspect about of his deep speed. Hopkins went against some of the top CB's in the college like Amerson and Rhodes and consistently got seperation. You can tell by just watching highlights Hopkins is a deep threat Allen rarely goes deep.

Pro day 40? I don't trust those at all.

If he fell to 17-18 I'd want Grigs to trade up in a heartbeat, even though I think he won't :( I dont quite know what teams that are looking for an OLB at those spots, but i doubt he would ever fall that far..

That being said I wouldn't mind a trade-up even further to get a stud.