Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Johnson

Leaf

So our DL includes: Chapman, McKinney, Tevaseu, Redding, Jean-Francois, Mathews, Nevis, Moala, Geathers, Guy, & Heard?

yep from what I see on Spotrac Johnson was the only D Line FA we had unless you count Freeney because he was our Hybrid OLB/DE, Johnson is an unrestricted FA

Well...   for what it's worth, he's not on the official Colts roster....

So,  it feels like it's safe to assume, that as of now,  he's not on the team....

Maybe he comes back later....   but not as of now....

Im hoping so, I think Satele was going to start anyway but thought at least in my opinion or my untrained eyes said that Shipley clearly outplayed Satele and it really was not that close, was Shipley perfect? No but among other players he held his own with BJ Raji

Im hoping so, I think Satele was going to start anyway but thought at least in my opinion or my untrained eyes said that Shipley clearly outplayed Satele and it really was not that close, was Shipley perfect? No but among other players he held his own with BJ Raji

No!   No!   No! 

So sorry,  we had a miscommunication!

I thought you were talking about Antonio Johnson.  The person for whom this thread was started.   He's not on the team.

But, if you're talking about A.Q. Shipley,  then, no worries.   He is still on the team!    His name is on the roster...

Here's his bio....    (sorry for the confusion!)

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/A.Q.-Shipley/09927638-8359-447f-92da-c902b1668e42

My information says Shipley is not under contract.

Yea... I thought the same thing. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him on the roster or on any free agent list. We discussed in another thread and someone found a tweet from him saying he had signed what was I think a 3 year contract , if not 3 , it was 2. In any event , he is under contract for 2013.

Yea... I thought the same thing. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him on the roster or on any free agent list. We discussed in another thread and someone found a tweet from him saying he had signed what was I think a 3 year contract , if not 3 , it was 2. In any event , he is under contract for 2013.

I seen something saying he had a 3 yr. contract too, but then I found something else that said he was a FA. I have no idea if he's on the roster or not.

I think by the time the regular season starts, Chapman will be the starter while McKinney and Teveseu will be rotating in and out.

I hope Chapman turns out to be as good as many think he is. I have concerns myself, with his knee issue and the fact that he's a little undersized for a NT. I think what will help him out is that he has such a low center of gravity and he is ridiculously strong. That should help him out leverage just about anybody. I also really liked McKinney before he went down, he held his ground better than anybody else IMO. He's like trying to push a house off it's foundation.

I hope Chapman turns out to be as good as many think he is. I have concerns myself, with his knee issue and the fact that he's a little undersized for a NT. I think what will help him out is that he has such a low center of gravity and he is ridiculously strong. That should help him out leverage just about anybody. I also really liked McKinney before he went down, he held his ground better than anybody else IMO. He's like trying to push a house off it's foundation.

I think Chapman will be at least an above average NT. I think he could, with the right pieces around him, develop into one of the better NTs in the league.

He is a bit undersized but most centers aren't that big either and that is who he is mostly going at. 

I think Chapman will be at least an above average NT. I think he could, with the right pieces around him, develop into one of the better NTs in the league.

He is a bit undersized but most centers aren't that big either and that is who he is mostly going at. 

Yeah, I think with Francois and Redding(if he can stay healthy) on either side of Chapman, we can have a really good D-line. I like what I seen from some of the back ups too last season.

Yeah, I think with Francois and Redding(if he can stay healthy) on either side of Chapman, we can have a really good D-line. I like what I seen from some of the back ups too last season.

Guy and Geathers were also really good for the few games I saw them in. They weren't good pass rushers but they were good run stoppers.

I think our defense will be better with Chapman because he knows how to play the traditional NT and will help free up guys like RJF, Redding, Walden, Hughes, and Mathis.

Laron Landry                                               Antoine Bethea

Vontae Davis                                                                                                                       Greg Toler        

Pat Angerer           Jerrell Freeman

Erik Walden/Draft?                                                                                    Robert Mathis

Ricky Jean Francois    Josh Chapman/B.M    Cory Redding/Draft?  

(Is this right?)

Laron Landry                                               Antoine Bethea

Vontae Davis                                                                                                                       Greg Toler        

Pat Angerer           Jerrell Freeman

Erik Walden/Draft?                                                                                    Robert Mathis

Ricky Jean Francois    Josh Chapman/B.M    Cory Redding/Draft?  

(Is this right?)

I would switch sides with Toler and Davis, Mathis and Walden, and Francois and Redding,

But, still, it seems clear that Satele played like Shyte last year, and Shipley was pretty good.  Especially with our rumored new power-running game, Shipley should be the man.

It's not a rumor nor new....but hopefully it will be more effective this season.

Here's the team roster....  it's right on this website...   click on "team", then click on "roster" and it's all right there for you...

"Team" is the first link in the left to right menu across the top of the page...

And Shipley is tucked in between Saunders, the TE, and Sidbury, our new OLB.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

That was what I was going of of....not sure why his contract not showing anywhere...definitely on the roster.

It sounded like Grigson and Pagano referenced him in a press conference last week about our free agent signings, but I thought AJ was a free agent. Maybe I just missed it, and we signed him or they are planning to bring him back. I don’t know.