Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arizona reference in Irsay's tweet is regarding owners meeting in Phoenix

chad72

To put an end to all forum speculation that it is a Cardinal player we are interested in, let me just add that the Arizona reference in Irsay's tweet is referring purely to Irsay being in Phoenix for the March 2013 owner's meeting. haha:)

Sounds too logical to me. :)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/2013-nfl-owners-meeting

Not to mention, how long would Arians be HC if he traded their best player?

If its Danario Alexander we don't even have to give up a pick like Emmanuel Sanders. Just gotta hope SD doesn't match. Alexander finally would give us that tall Redzone & jump ball target we all want. He is only 24 & will be several millions cheaper than Cruz. Started to blossom when a real QB was throwing him the ball.

If its Danario Alexander we don't even have to give up a pick like Emmanuel Sanders. Just gotta hope SD doesn't match. Alexander finally would give us that tall Redzone & jump ball target we all want. He is only 24 & will be several millions cheaper than Cruz. Started to blossom when a real QB was throwing him the ball.

That's interesting, where did it come from?  I don't think it's something that would get everyone all excited like Irsay is implying.  But you never know with the boss.

Danario Alexander fits perfectly the profile of football player that Grigson has signed this offseason. Again it's all speculation on my part.

I just feel Alexander brings something we don't already have & could use.

So, is the Donte Stallworth rumor is no longer up in the air?

(Horrible, I know)

With all the hype,  Cruz seems to be the most logical choice.    It would likely either be for our #1,  or our #3 this year, and maybe a #2 next year?    And, of course, we'd still have to pay Cruz a LOT!

And while I think there's a 98% chance it's NOT Fitzgerald,   I wouldn't rule it out completely. 

I suppose there's an argument to be made that if we offered our #1 this year AND next,  the Cards might give him up??  But, I think LF would have to re-do his contract,  at least a little to make it work.    Again,  I'm not predicting this,  just thinking out loud for a 2% long shot....

Those are the only 2 names that would make last night's hysteria from Irsay look understandable....

Otherwise....  he'd look....   well...    I like the guy, so I won't say it....

With all the hype, Cruz seems to be the most logical choice. It would likely either be for our #1, or our #3 this year, and maybe a #2 next year? And, of course, we'd still have to pay Cruz a LOT!

And while I think there's a 98% chance it's NOT Fitzgerald, I wouldn't rule it out completely.

I suppose there's an argument to be made that if we offered our #1 this year AND next, the Cards might give him up?? But, I think LF would have to re-do his contract, at least a little to make it work. Again, I'm not predicting this, just thinking out loud for a 2% long shot....

Those are the only 2 names that would make last night's hysteria from Irsay look understandable....

Otherwise.... he'd look.... well... I like the guy, so I won't say it....

Cruz is a RFA, it would only cost our first.

With all the hype,  Cruz seems to be the most logical choice.    It would likely either be for our #1,  or our #3 this year, and maybe a #2 next year?    And, of course, we'd still have to pay Cruz a LOT!

And while I think there's a 98% chance it's NOT Fitzgerald,   I wouldn't rule it out completely. 

I suppose there's an argument to be made that if we offered our #1 this year AND next,  the Cards might give him up??  But, I think LF would have to re-do his contract,  at least a little to make it work.    Again,  I'm not predicting this,  just thinking out loud for a 2% long shot....

Otherwise....  he'd look....   well...    I like the guy, so I won't say it....

It doesn't add up. Neither does Bess. It seems like we already have a roster full of those types of WRs already.

Fitz doesn't make sense for Zona either, nor for us cap wise.

Personally, I'd rather not give up our 1st and a big contract for Cruz either.

What other WRs are on the market though?

I don't believe it is Cruz. As far as I know, the Giants are making every effort to keep him. Irsay is also making it sound like we are going to have to crunch numbers to make it happen. This leads me to believe it is more than a mid-tier player. It also makes me believe it is going to be a trade rather than a signing. If this offseason proves anything, it's that Grigs will throw at a player if he really wants them, so for the dealing to have been going on for five days, I doubt it is a FA.

I think there's a 50% chance it's Cruz, imo.

Irsay said they've been working on the deal 5 days in the tweet (now 6)

Well guess what...?I believe Cruz was given the 1st rd tender around that same period.

And the Giants just signed WR WR Louis Murphy yesterday.  (Cruz Replacement?)

Coincidence?  Possibly

But then again...I don't believe in coincidences.

With all the hype, Cruz seems to be the most logical choice. It would likely either be for our #1, or our #3 this year, and maybe a #2 next year? And, of course, we'd still have to pay Cruz a LOT!

And while I think there's a 98% chance it's NOT Fitzgerald, I wouldn't rule it out completely.

I suppose there's an argument to be made that if we offered our #1 this year AND next, the Cards might give him up?? But, I think LF would have to re-do his contract, at least a little to make it work. Again, I'm not predicting this, just thinking out loud for a 2% long shot....

Otherwise.... he'd look.... well... I like the guy, so I won't say it....

he can be had for our first rounder. he is a rfa

he can be had for our first rounder. he is a rfa

I'm aware.    I also think it's possible that 6 days of haggling means there's much more going on than just whether or not we're giving up a #1 and giving Cruz a big contract.

I think there's much more going on than a simple yes or no to a big contract and giving up one first round draft pick.   If that's all there was to this,  I think the deal would either be done or dead by now.

Just my hunch.....

I'm aware. I also think it's possible that 6 days of haggling means there's much more going on than just whether or not we're giving up a #1 and giving Cruz a big contract.

I think there's much more going on than a simple yes or no to a big contract and giving up one first round draft pick. If that's all there was to this, I think the deal would either be done or dead by now.

Just my hunch.....

i doubt its victor Cruz

To put an end to all forum speculation that it is a Cardinal player we are interested in, let me just add that the Arizona reference in Irsay's tweet is referring purely to Irsay being in Phoenix for the March 2013 owner's meeting. haha:)

Sounds too logical to me. :)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/2013-nfl-owners-meeting

Yes - I think this was clearly explained and posted yesterday.

I hope to God it's not Cruz. I do NOT want him anyway, ESPECIALLY for our 1st rounder.

He's 1st round talent and is proven but he'd cost a ton more than a rookie. I'd rather draft 1 myself but signing Cruz would still make me happy.

I'm aware.    I also think it's possible that 6 days of haggling means there's much more going on than just whether or not we're giving up a #1 and giving Cruz a big contract.

I think there's much more going on than a simple yes or no to a big contract and giving up one first round draft pick.   If that's all there was to this,  I think the deal would either be done or dead by now.

Just my hunch.....

The problem is it can all be for naught if it's a contract the Giants are willing to match.