Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drew Stanton might actually Start for Cards!

NewColtsFan

A story from NFL.com says the Cards likely won't draft a QB in the 1st R,  7th overall.

And that as of now, Stanton is the 'clubhouse' leader to start the season.

I'm guessing they'll take a QB with their 2nd R pick.   And if they think he's up to the job, the rookie will start.   But, if not,  then it'll be Stanton.

Wow!   Here's your story....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151225/article/drew-stanton-changes-arizona-cardinals-draft-focus

He is decent.  While he isn't the best, I think he is a better option than Skelton.  With that said, he isn't a franchise QB.  The Cards might not be sold on any QB prospect this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB early next year (depending on the prospects, of course)

and Geno will be going in the top 3 at this point. Whether someone trades up to 1 or not to get him is a another story.

Even if Geno magically fell to the Cards if Im Arians Im tellin the Cards GM to pass, I dont believe he is a franchise QB 

From what I saw in Detroit, he wasn't too bad.

That was 3 years ago.

Now he has more experience and a very good coach. He could blossom into a top 20 quarterback, if he gets to opportunity to start. I believe he's believe than Johnny "Skeleton"

He's certainly competent enough that, as long as the backs don't get hurt again, he won't be losing games for his defense like the last few guys were.

Side note, it's the 2007 NFL Draft QB edition of "Where Are They Now?"

JaMarcus Russell: Unemployed (and attempting a lolworthy comeback)

Brady Quinn: Unemployed

Kevin Kolb: Unemployed

John Beck: Unemployed

Drew Stanton: Starting for the Cardinals

Trent Edwards: 4th string QB with the Eagles

Isaiah Stanback: Now a backup WR for the Jaguars with 6 total NFL catches.

Jeff Rowe: Unemployed

Troy Smith: Unemployed

Jordan Palmer: Unemployed

Tyler Thigpen: Unemployed

The replies in this thread about the Cardinals O-line  is kind of like  :pkb:  seeing as our O-line was awful as well then I see post about Arians play calling but who took us to a 11-5 season?   :hide:         How soon everyone forgets never ceases to amaze me. :peek:

The replies in this thread about the Cardinals O-line  is kind of like  :pkb:  seeing as our O-line was awful as well then I see post about Arians play calling but who took us to a 11-5 season?   :hide:         How soon everyone forgets never ceases to amaze me. :peek:

But Stanton ain't no Luck, there in lies the difference. Plus, the NFC West ain't the AFC South.

Did Arians get Howard Mudd for his O-line? Is that accurate?

I do think that if the Cardinals make a bunch of moves for their O-line, they can easily be knocking .500, IMO.

But Stanton ain't no Luck, there in lies the difference. Plus, the NFC West ain't the AFC South.

Did Arians get Howard Mudd for his O-line? Is that accurate?

I do think that if the Cardinals make a bunch of moves for their O-line, they can easily be knocking .500, IMO.

What I was trying to say is that we really shouldn't be knocking their O-line since ours was just as bad and until we play this year we don't know how much better ours will be or how our FA will pan out. JMO   Free Agency can be a crap shoot because some players that are good with one team may not be as good with another team.  It will be interesting see how well ours pan out so to speak and also see if our coaching will be the same with Pagano as they way Arians coached.  Should be another interesting season. :)

I've felt all along Arians would try to target Mike Glennon in the second round.  Glennon fits Arians system better than the other QB's, and he is below the radar of most other teams.  Stanton will start unless Glennon, if they draft him at all, develps quickly.  I know Arians likes young QB's with an arm, and am not sure Stanton is the answer.  But them passing on any QB in round 1 doesn't surprise me at all.  It is what will they do with their second round pick... :)  If Glennon or Tyler Wilson is there, I think Arians pulls that trigger.

Stanton has the leg up to start since he knows the Arians system already.

I like Stanton, but his arm isn't that great to make all those long throws in Arians offense. Plus that O-Line is going to get him killed trying to wait for those same deep routes to develop.

I, for one, cant wait to see this guy blossom. He has all the intangibles. He's done good when given the opportunity. Being stuck behind Luck and Stafford, he was a second RD pick. Well, the football gods are smiling upon Stanton because suddenly he has been blessed to be mentored by the mentor of the likes of Manning, Rothlisberger, and Luck. Not to mention his stable of recievers includes one of the top thoroughbreds in the nation. I wish you the Very, very best, Drew Stanton!