Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Made a Run at Wes Welker

1959Colts

Well there was a report someone offered Wes like a 2yr/$16M.

He didn't take it because he didn't believe they were contenders. Maybe he doesn't think we are contenders.

Well lets tell Landry he said that so he can clean his clock running across the middle!!

He didn't take it because he didn't believe they were contenders. Maybe he doesn't think we are contenders.

This mystery team was infact the Titans, not us. haha Shefty said it on NFL network.

Meh

But, of more interest:

I just don't understand this ^. It's gotta be a smoke screen for Reed. Pagano are you just helping Reed drive up his price? Everyone knows we have Bethea and Landry, how we don't need Reed now.

I just don't understand this ^. It's gotta be a smoke screen for Reed. Pagano are you just helping Reed drive up his price? Everyone knows we have Bethea and Landry, how we don't need Reed now.

We really didn't Reed before Landry. Maybe Bethea is on the chopping block.

No reason for him to be though.

Right. I guess there's nothing to worry about here, just above this is a post saying Grigson categorically dismissed the idea of signing Reed now. He didn't give a source but the logic is there. I didn't read the entire thread either, it happens.

Right. I guess there's nothing to worry about here, just above this is a post saying Grigson categorically dismissed the idea of signing Reed now. He didn't give a source but the logic is there. I didn't read the entire thread either, it happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151128/article/tom-zbikowski-released-by-indianapolis-colts

I didn't read everything either. Just speculating on your post. haha

I tend to scroll then stop. Whatever comment I see I comment on. Even if it has been addressed.

driving up the price is a great idea, so that maybe the texans can't afford him and he doesn't join the AFC South. smart move if it's true.

McDuck, your link didn't work for me.

sry it was on the zib release page that they were fine where they were at        www.com/ne0ap1000000151128/article/tom-zbikowski-rele/ased-by-indianapolis-coltsws/nfl.story   sry having technical difficulties :)

I don't think the Colts are contenders and even with these good free agent signings, I see them moving back closer to a .500 team. They played way above their heads last year and won 11 game while be outscored by opponents for the season.....

I don't think the Colts are contenders and even with these good free agent signings, I see them moving back closer to a .500 team. They played way above their heads last year and won 11 game while be outscored by opponents for the season.....

You sure your a Colts fan?With our defense and offense already better than last year,and with 1 year under Luck,Fleener,TY,Allen,Ballard   all i have to say is        (CMON MAN) what you thinking?

How sure can you be that this is accurate? I don't know if I would believe this.

Just another scribe who has bought into the Patriots*/Brady/Welker hype. And then projected it onto the nearest thing.

They're a dime a dozen.

Unless or until I hear Irsay/Grigson/Pagano say it, I do not believe it. Welker (short, fast slot WR) brings NOTHING to our passing game that we do not already have.

Maybe because he is counting 5.5 million against the cap and had 0 forced fumbles and 0 interceptions last year. Reed is a better FS without question...but the cost would probably be too high I agree.

You sure your a Colts fan?With our defense and offense already better than last year,and with 1 year under Luck,Fleener,TY,Allen,Ballard   all i have to say is        (CMON MAN) what you thinking?

I believe the Colts are not yet on par with the Pats or the Donkey's. Just look at the Broncos roster at either side of the ball. Offense: PM, DT, Decker, Tamme, added Welker as receiving corp. They have one - if not the - best oline in the league. Clady, Beadles, Walton, Franklin - and now added Vasquez, with guys like Koppen or Kuper in rotation. They have a solid running game as well in McGahee and Moreno. On defense, they have a stud front 7 with Wolfe, Vickerson, Von Miller, Doom (now maybe Freeney?, Osi?), etc, and a very strong secondary: Bailey, Harris, Carter, Cromartie, etc. 

The Colts are not this strong yet, so probably calling us SB contender is a little bold. But I believe we have a good chance to fight for the division title with the Texans, and then - who nows? Nobody predicted the Ravens in last novermber, and look what happened. So, the SB is not completelly out of reach, but being named as contender is a different story.

Unless or until I hear Irsay/Grigson/Pagano say it, I do not believe it. Welker (short, fast slot WR) brings NOTHING to our passing game that we do not already have.

You cant be serious. Welker is by far the best slot WR in the leage atm, period. You can barely show me a 1000 yard, 60-65 catches slot wr, and Welker is a consistent 1400-1500, 100+ catcher. This is HUGE. Not to mentio, that he is a seasoned, very experienced veteran, a perfect route runner, who knows a lot about the game. Luck would benefit a LOT from him, just like he benefitted, benefitting from Wayne-s presence. 

But I agree with you that despite these facts, we were right to not bring him over. First, we had other, more important spots to fill in. Second, we have a promising rookie in the slot, who needs to learn. And you can't learn if you don't play. Hilton should be our starter guy because he earned his spot, and he will just be better by time.

Pagano is going to revolutionize the way defense is played when we sign Reed. We'll be the first team ever to use 3 safteys on the field every down.

Or maybe we want him to play WR.

Or CB.

Or wildcat QB.

Or maybe we're interested in him leading our janitorial staff.

The possibilities are endless.