Colts Release Tom Zbikowski

Andy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't updated.

ESPN updated an hour ago. We have just over 10M left.

They aren't updated.

ESPN updated an hour ago. We have just over 10M left.

The rookies will be 2.9 mill , so that brings us down to 7 mill or more as some are saying. We could do a two year deal with Brandon Moore and guarantee the 2nd year and make it work. 

Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Phillip Thomas

Baccari Rambo

Tony Jefferson

are all the top FS prospects. We could probably get one in the 3rd rd.. I'm not real familiar with them because I didn't see a lot of college ball this season.

Oh yeah, those guys. I'd take Reid & Rambo. Preferably Rambo cause of his name haha

I'm not an expert, but I believe the $19m is accurate, pending numbers on RJF. See my previous post.

Kuharsky's numbers are being confirmed by a lot of guys and the numbers make sense.

Even when I did my calculations I got to around 14M (without Francois), so the numbers make sense.

Remember to add McAfee, Moala and Butler. 

Kuharsky's numbers are being confirmed by a lot of guys and the numbers make sense.

Even when I did my calculations I got to around 14M (without Francois), so the numbers make sense.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/48260/colts-have-spent-31353333-cap-dollars

Kuharsky seems to be making the mistake of subtracting the cap we've spent in free agency from the cap space we had, and that's not doing anything to account for the players from 52-71 that don't count against the cap right now. That's a difference of about $9m.

However, if Kuharsky's collective $34.3m figure is correct, then we can subtract from it everyone but RJF and come up with his approximate cap hit at $7.685m in 2013. And I don't think that's correct.

Wait, Landry is SS. Why would we take a SS in the draft?? Isn't Lefeged the back up SS?

Yeah and while Joe is 'good', I wouldn't put it past Grigson to find a nice gem in the draft that he sees as a better talent down the road. Depth is always good.

Yeah and while Joe is 'good', I wouldn't put it past Grigson to find a nice gem in the draft that he sees as a better talent down the road. Depth is always good.

Oh yeah totally, depth is everything. I'm just waiting to see what this trade (if there is one) is about

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/48260/colts-have-spent-31353333-cap-dollars

Kuharsky seems to be making the mistake of subtracting the cap we've spent in free agency from the cap space we had, and that's not doing anything to account for the players from 52-71 that don't count against the cap right now. That's a difference of about $9m.

However, if Kuharsky's collective $34.3m figure is correct, then we can subtract from it everyone but RJF and come up with his approximate cap hit at $7.685m in 2013. And I don't think that's correct.

Actually, I went back and did the math on a spreadsheet, and remembered to include our tendered RFAs and McAfee, and it's impossible for Kuharsky's number to be correct and comprehensive. He's saying we spent $34.3m in cap space, but without RJF, we're at $34.066m in cap spending.

Cherilus -- $7.5m

Landry -- $5.75m

Toler -- $4.333m

Walden -- $3.25m

McAfee -- $2.977m

Thomas -- $2.75m

Butler -- $1.5m

Vaughn -- $1.323m

Linkenbach -- $1.323m

Moala -- $.815m

Sidbury -- $.715m

Reitz -- $.62m

Gordy -- $.62m

Tevaseu -- $.555m

Total = $34.066m

No room for RFJ in Kuharsky's $34.3m number. On top of that, we're not sure that his starting number of $43.4m cap space was accurate.

Why draft Bethea's replacement when he's the same age as Landry. I think Lefeged is our backup and this isn't indicating a safety as a draft pick. I thought of it more as freeing up some cap for another FA signing. Perhaps a Guard.

Beathea may not be worth the money?

Peace be with you Zbi....... I thought you where the child of an unstoppable force and an immovable object. It turns out you were the child of a stoppable force and a movable object.

Still respect what you did, wish ya the best elsewhere. Perhaps try boxing?

Regards,

Stuart Smalley

personally i don't like the move. why not give hm a chance to compete in training camp and then cut him if he's not what we're looking for. doesn't seem he was given a fair chance. 1.3 M saved is nice but he probably could've one some nice things here.

Yeah that's why it doesn't add up. Unless he wanted to be released to be able to sign elsewhere. Or we have further plans. Just no reason to cut him. He'd be a good back up

Not too surprised, I think the only good game he had last year was against Cleveland.

He didn't perform and he needed to go.

Lefeged is the backup now. 

You guys all laugh when Ozzie lets guys like Zbikowski, and all the other Ravens he released, leave. The Colts were suckers overpaying for Zbikowski, like the Browns overpayed for Kruger, and the Dolphins, Ellerbe. You can go down the line of ex-Ravens who never performed like they did in Baltimore: Ed Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, Kim Manning, Duane Starks, Bart Scott, Jamie Sharper, etc. Beware dealing with ex-Ravens !

You guys all laugh when Ozzie lets guys like Zbikowski, and all the other Ravens he released, leave. The Colts were suckers overpaying for Zbikowski, like the Browns overpayed for Kruger, and the Dolphins, Ellerbe. You can go down the line of ex-Ravens who never performed like they did in Baltimore: Ed Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, Kim Manning, Duane Starks, Bart Scott, Jamie Sharper, etc. Beware dealing with ex-Ravens !

Umm.... I don't think we paid that much for Zibs. I don't think anyone saw him as anything more than a stopgap.

You guys all laugh when Ozzie lets guys like Zbikowski, and all the other Ravens he released, leave. The Colts were suckers overpaying for Zbikowski, like the Browns overpayed for Kruger, and the Dolphins, Ellerbe. You can go down the line of ex-Ravens who never performed like they did in Baltimore: Ed Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, Kim Manning, Duane Starks, Bart Scott, Jamie Sharper, etc. Beware dealing with ex-Ravens !

Lol what are you talking about? Everybody knew he was nothing but a stop gap. He barely got paid anything.

Umm.... I don't think we paid that much for Zibs. I don't think anyone saw him as anything more than a stopgap.

Here is a comment from a fan when the Colts signed Zbikowski at the time :  Zbikowski, Nakamura, Cory Reading, Jarrett Johnson, Ben Grubbs, Lee Evans, Gurode.  The Raven's are leaking.

The next year the Raven's won the Super Bowl.

He did what we signed him to do, which was hold the fort down until we upgraded the position and help the other guys acclimate to Pagano.

Both of those things were accomplished, so now it's time to move forward because his long-term play doesn't match his salary. Best of luck to Zbikiowski moving forward.

You guys all laugh when Ozzie lets guys like Zbikowski, and all the other Ravens he released, leave. The Colts were suckers overpaying for Zbikowski, like the Browns overpayed for Kruger, and the Dolphins, Ellerbe. You can go down the line of ex-Ravens who never performed like they did in Baltimore: Ed Hartwell, Adalius Thomas, Kim Manning, Duane Starks, Bart Scott, Jamie Sharper, etc. Beware dealing with ex-Ravens !

Cory Redding did outstanding for us this year. And he's an "ex-raven". Sure he was injured, but he was definitely the voice of that Defense this year

Yes, Cory did a nice job. I would still say because of age and injury, his play fell off a bit from when he played with the Ravens. Some of the other guys above had a few good years, but their best paydays were when the left, or were not signed, by the Ravens. Belicheck is also adept at letting players go before the salaries kill you. I think the key is building to be competitive every year, so that maybe you can get hot like the 2006 Colts, 2011 Giants, or 2012 Ravens. This is building for multi-year playoff runs.

Here is a comment from a fan when the Colts signed Zbikowski at the time : Zbikowski, Nakamura, Cory Reading, Jarrett Johnson, Ben Grubbs, Lee Evans, Gurode. The Raven's are leaking.

The next year the Raven's won the Super Bowl.

Dude, you do know we paid him peanuts, right?

with landry, bethea doesnt have to play near the box anymore and that why i think his production has dumped the last couple of years. hes a much better safety when hes playing center field then when hes playing in the box