Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Strong Day 2 Coming?

Cherilus, Toler, and Thomas were all guys mentioned here before. I am ok with them. I seriously want us to get Avril though and I don't even know why. I always thought we'd get two big names and then a bunch of solid mid tier guys. I hope we wrap up the two big names tomorrow to validate my thoughts.

The only guy I had even thought about before today was Toler. So I will not add my 2 cents until next offseason lol

Cherilus was the first guy I ever mentioned when the FA threads began a month ago. Other than that I have been waaaay off base. Kinda happy about not being right though...it shows us how deep our organization is getting into these signings.

At the end of all of this I will just tell myself this:

The change to a WCO system(quick release) + the added protection for Luck(Grigs' forte) + the upgrades on defense(Pagano's forte) = a team that would win its "close" games by a larger margin than we did last season.

Lets be honest, if it weren't for those seven 4th quarter comebacks... the Colts were the 4-12 team most everyone thought we would be. We got to an 11-5 record with VERY LITTLE cap space and had to watch our star players walk out the door.

We are doing things a bit differently than what was expected but, you know who did something similar last year in regards to talent evaluation, the Seahawks! Ya, they are looking pretty good aren't they? how long did it take them to do it? 3 years is all and I personally feel we are good enough to beat them.

I definitely think we got better today and that it will continue on tomorrow. Last year, everything went in our favor it seemed and we could have just as easily been a 4-5 win team as you stated.

I have faith in Grigs and Pagano, because I do believe they are digging to the bottom and looking anywhere possible for talent to help the team. Just hope they are the right choices

Cherilus was the first guy I ever mentioned when the FA threads began a month ago. Other than that I have been waaaay off base. Kinda happy about not being right though...it shows us how deep our organization is getting into these signings.

At the end of all of this I will just tell myself this:

The change to a WCO system(quick release) + the added protection for Luck(Grigs' forte) + the upgrades on defense(Pagano's forte) = a team that would win its "close" games by a larger margin than we did last season.

Lets be honest, if it weren't for those seven 4th quarter comebacks... the Colts were the 4-12 team most everyone thought we would be. We got to an 11-5 record with VERY LITTLE cap space and had to watch our star players walk out the door.

We are doing things a bit differently than what was expected but, you know who did something similar last year in regards to talent evaluation, the Seahawks! Ya, they are looking pretty good aren't they? how long did it take them to do it? 3 years is all and I personally feel we are good enough to beat them.

Would love to see Landry tomorrow.  After that quality guys for depth unless they still have money for another starting caliber CB or DE

Landry would be about $6 million a year, correct? I would think there would be plenty more room for a starter and another depth player or two. (I hope)

Ricky Jean, Landry tomorrow....i hope, looking like a pretty good defense. Be nice if we had Dansby in, tell Davis to get on the phone!

Ricky Jean, Landry tomorrow....i hope, looking like a pretty good defense. Be nice if we had Dansby in, tell Davis to get on the phone!

Reports are that the Seahawks are going to release Leon Washington. Not only is he the best return man in football, but on our carpet he can be an explosive 3ed down back..

Reports are that the Seahawks are going to release Leon Washington. Not only is he the best return man in football, but on our carpet he can be an explosive 3ed down back..

Interesting to say the least, loved the Deji was returning and surprised he wasnt tendered. Leon would bring a new aspect to the Colts that we have been lacking in some time.

if colts are banking on walton and sidbury.....look for even worse pass rushing(and extremely overpaid for walton)....we NEED Avril....no doubt.

Walden's guaranteed money is supposedly only $4 million. We didn't overpay, just have a lot of potential $$ if he performs.

Walden's guaranteed money is only rumored as $4 million, so based on how its structured, we're only look at roughly $1 million a year. We didn't overpay, just have a lot of potential $$ if he performs.

True. Yet, if he performs well, then the deal came at a reasonable price. Let's continue to fill other needs and see how it comes together. At the very least, Walden can provide at least the same pressure DFree did last year  but with superior cover ability. Fill in the rest of the D and we should be alright. 

Exclusive Press release from Ryan Grigson to Colts Forum Members : "You are all wrong. About everything. Have fun making your mock drafts!"

That's a real quote that I didn't just make up.

Hoping for good things day 2.

That is why Ryan Grigson is awesome.