Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interested in LB Dannell Ellerbe

What about Angerer? Why go after a ILBer?

I'd assume because Pagano and Grigson feel there are better options out there.  I was never sold on Angerer fitting in to the new defense so I'm not surprised to see them looking at ILB.

I hope this don't mean we are having to shift our focus because were missing out on everybody else we were trying to sign. ILBer doesn't make a whole lot of sense IMO even if Ellerbe is a good player.

I think I may have been right on this. We've lost all of our top targets we were all expecting. I have sick a feeling. I hope there is something big on the horizon.

I think I may have been right on this. We've lost all of our top targets we were all expecting. I have sick a feeling. I hope there is something big on the horizon.

I agree with you on this.  I feel like Adrian P.  Somebody just punched me in the stomach.

I think its too early to say that. Honestly i think vasquez is the only one id call a disappointment so far. Like you, i never expected levitre and jake long was a long shot. I have a feeling they were secretly looking for a rt all along so the reported interest in long could have beeb smoke and mirrors. Now if we miss out on avril too then i might agree with you, unless again that was just a clever diversion.

And there are still a number of quality guards available, eben britton being one of them. Don't forget grigson saying he wasnt going after "names" just to get names. :)

I think its too early to say that. Honestly i think vasquez is the only one id call a disappointment so far. Like you, i never expected levitre and jake long was a long shot. I have a feeling they were secretly looking for a rt all along so the reported interest in long could have beeb smoke and mirrors. Now if we miss out on avril too then i might agree with you, unless again that was just a clever diversion.

And there are still a number of quality guards available, eben britton being one of them. Don't forget grigson saying he wasnt going after "names" just to get names. :)

I think it was the initial shock that we didn't get Vasquez, especially seeing how cheap he went. 

You losing your top topics means nothing. I would have wanted a guard but Levitre was too expensive and you obviously overvalued Vasquez. Avril coming on board is a potential huge signing, if you wanted Kruger then you obviously valued him more than someone who has coached him.

A lot of people need to calm down, just because a fan gets it stuck in his head that someone is a perfect fit doesn't make it so.

Colts don't need Ellerbe. They already have 3 solid guys in Freeman, Angerer, and Conner. They don't need to overcrowd that position.  

pshhh... conner is a career back up, Freeman has 1 decent year in the NFL, and Angerer is a 4/3 LB.  we definitely need a leader of men at MLB and we do not have that yet.  I don't know if ellerbe is the guy but b4 we win a SB we will have to upgrade that position.

Well us Indy fans have been there and done that.....   and in about 3 years will be doing it again...   

A great QB comes with a "price" ...           I hope Luck's family is affluent enough that Andrew will take it easy on Indy. 

When Ellerbe got to free agency, the Ravens lost him for good. Hope they enjoy their elite quarterback...

Well us Indy fans have been there and done that.....   and in about 3 years will be doing it again...   

A great QB comes with a "price" ...           I hope Luck's family is affluent enough that Andrew will take it easy on Indy. 

I agree that a great QB comes with a price; I don't think Flacco is a great quarterback. Manning's play covered up a lot of deficiencies for a long time. I don't think Flacco can perform at that level.

But we'll see.