Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nnamdi would look good in a Colts uniform!

I'd be on that like white on rice if he'll sign for a reasonable price.  While he's not elite guy he seemed like in Oakland, I think his market value is pretty depressed right now, and if we don't have to shell out too much for him it could be a steal.

I mean, I would have been happy to shell out a late round pick for him, even with one year left on a bloated contract, in the hope that he revitalizes his career in Indy, since he has a pretty high ceiling.  This just makes it even easier.  I think he could be a very good player in our scheme across from Davis.

He is going too want huge money. If he can still play like he did with the raiders he would be great . But i think he will want too much

Who's going to give it to him at this point?  Not saying he'll sign long-term for pennies with us, but we could certainly sell him on the idea of a short-term contract, for decent money, on a defense that could revitalize his market value.  Or more likely a fairly big contract with an option we could decide whether to exercise.

We've got plenty of cap space right now, there's no reason we can't invest a lot in him in the short term as long as we have an out in the long term.

I'd be on that like white on rice if he'll sign for a reasonable price.  While he's not elite guy he seemed like in Oakland, I think his market value is pretty depressed right now, and if we don't have to shell out too much for him it could be a steal.

I mean, I would have been happy to shell out a late round pick for him, even with one year left on a bloated contract, in the hope that he revitalizes his career in Indy, since he has a pretty high ceiling.  This just makes it even easier.  I think he could be a very good player in our scheme across from Davis.

White on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm?

Meh his play over the past few years could drive that price down not to mention he's a little older.  I think he's 29.

Nnamdi will be 32 in July. I don't want him unless he would agree to a 1 yr.(prove to me that you still got it) contract. He has flat out sucked the last 2 yrs..

For the record, if a player has either been a pro bowler, or has played at a pro bowl level recently, no team is going to get said player at "the right price". There are 32 GMs with needs, and at any given time, it is safe to say that at least 6 of those teams need that position. Therefore, all FA's that still have major skills, will come at a full or overpaid price. If they do come cheap, they're done as a player.

Since the beginning of FA till the NFL today, there is always this talk of getting a great player as a fair price by fans. Good players can be had at a fair price rarely/sometimes. Great players will always get overpaid.