Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Bowe signs with Chiefs

UKColt13

I don't think we were targeting him, but other teams may have been. Now with many free agents either receiveing a tag or being resigned by their respective teams, it makes competition for the available FAs even more difficult.

This actually is not a good thing for us. Yes, we may not have the annoying "Let's get Bowe" threads anymore, but we may now have to pay a little more for the guy that we initially wanted.

I don't think we were targeting him, but other teams may have been. Now with many free agents either receiveing a tag or being resigned by their respective teams, it makes competition for the available FAs even more difficult.

This actually is not a good thing for us. Yes, we may not have the annoying "Let's get Bowe" threads anymore, but we may now have to pay a little more for the guy that we initially wanted.

The only thing that even puts a little hurt on us, is Albert now being off the market. I think people were dreaming if they actually believed we were ever going to target one of the high priced WR's. That just wasn't going to happen IMO.

They paid a punter $18 million to kick a ball??!!!!!

McAfee doesn't even make that kind of money & I'm sure he's better than their punter!!

Thats over 5 yrs. 3.75 mil. per season. Not really that bad for one of the best punters in the game.

HC Andy Reid, QB Alex Smith, & WR Dwayne Bowe....Looks good on paper, but I can't see KC winning the division over the Broncos though, which is the only way that team makes the post season IMO. I feel so sorry for Arrowhead fans. Joe Montana played well for them. I don't see Alex Smith duplicating similar winning ways as the experienced new veteran there personally. 

HC Andy Reid, QB Alex Smith, & WR Dwayne Bowe....Looks good on paper, but I can't see KC winning the division over the Broncos though, which is the only way that team makes the post season IMO. I feel so sorry for Arrowhead fans. Joe Montana played well for them. I don't see Alex Smith duplicating similar winning ways as the experienced new veteran there personally. 

I don't know... Smith might be a weaker armed, poor mans Flacco...

If Reid understands Jamaal Charles is on the squad and runs the ball, they could do well.  KC has playmakers on both sides of the ball they just tightening up and coached up.

I don't know... Smith might be a weaker armed, poor mans Flacco...

If Reid understands Jamaal Charles is on the squad and runs the ball, they could do well.  KC has playmakers on both sides of the ball they just tightening up and coached up.

I think Reid is the perfect coach for this current KC team. A lot like the early Philadelphia teams. They ran through Duce and Westbrook. I think he will do the same with Charles.