Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would be a nice #2

bobourret

he Charlotte Observer's Joe Person says "all indications I've received are" that the Panthers will release CB Chris Gamble.

"They've kind of cut bait. I've not heard any talk about anything other than a straight cut," said Person. Gamble, 30 next Month, will not be offered a pay cut, and his current cap number sits at $10.95 million, third-highest on the team. He's likely to enter a deep free-agent corner market, so Gamble could be a bargain for some team.

he Charlotte Observer's Joe Person says "all indications I've received are" that the Panthers will release CB Chris Gamble.

"They've kind of cut bait. I've not heard any talk about anything other than a straight cut," said Person. Gamble, 30 next Month, will not be offered a pay cut, and his current cap number sits at $10.95 million, third-highest on the team. He's likely to enter a deep free-agent corner market, so Gamble could be a bargain for some team.

Buckeye! (I'll duck now)

I don't have a problem with bringing in older players as a stop gap until we can get around to drafting someone during the first and second days their position.  

The question really is more of will these guys play on short 1 or 2 year contracts?

There is a very solid free agent CB who I thinks is being overlooked. Keenan Lewis. He hadn't played much until last year, where he recorded 69 tackles and 23 pass deflections for the Steelers(Dunta Robinson had 24 defelections in 3 years in Atl). He didn't get any picks, but only allowed opposing QBs a 80.7 passer rating when thorwing in his direction(in comparison, Anton Cason  had similar stats last year, but allowed a 98.0 passer rating). He would be a nice physical presense on our D. Plus he's only 26 and would come relatively cheap.