Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 02/25

sb41champs

He can play. That's my biggest concern. It's obvious by now that he was a victim of a really messed up situation, to the point where I'm questioning why in the world should that matter to anyone as far as the draft goes. I wouldn't say that falls under the category of character issues, which I know most of the forum is obsessed with. (OMFG, THEY TRADED FOR VONTAE?! HE'S SOMEWHAT SHADY!)

If Manti fell to us, pending a great player of much important need was available, I would love him to come here. Being a Notre Dame fan and all.

I would have been more concerned if he was the ringleader of it.

Other than that I wouldn't waste a high draft pick on a position we don't need.

Teo showed that he doesn't have a whole lot of speed and against NFL caliber talent like Alabama, didn't tackle well and was essentially a non-factor. Now that does concern me.

No way we draft him, because there is no way he is BPA when we pick at 24

But i guess to answer the question, if somehow he is BPA then yes draft him

:lol: I think you have that pretty well covered.

Personally I have no clue about the value of any of the draft prospects, but the gist of the question is regarding the "hoax", and no, I couldn't care less about that. The media attention might be an annoying distraction, but I don't see an ethics concern. If he passes the team interviews that's good enough for me.

No. He had something embarissing happen to him. That's really all there is. If people are willing to look the other way on a kids off the field issues like the honey badgers because of his talent then over looking this with Teo should be easy.

Now if you want to talk not drafting him because you wonder a out his talent or if MLB is a need for the Colts that I could get behind.

If he was good enough, then no, I wouldn't mind. That'll blow over if he makes an impact, or just even plays well..I just don't think he's as good as advertised, and the Colts really don't need an ILB

Nailed it Walter! I mean CF4L. Bravo.  :hat: Where is his head at? He's a public relations nightmare. Not even interested in him as an undrafted player. 

It's not as if Manti T'eo is on the same LB level as Junior Seau also of Samoan descent. I just don't see greatness in this kid. His judgement worries me & his damage control resolution capabilities leave a lot to be desired & I am being generous with that description too.  

He tackled pretty well before Alabama...and the Hoax......Maybe we should nickname him the Jinx!   :)  How to you forget how to tackle...... :hmm:

You're right Brent. That's exactly what GMs are asking him. He has a nose for the football, but the Crimson Tide "rolled" all over him like a flattened cherry pie. Awareness of ball movement is great. Failing to stop the ball dead in it's tracks not so great. I wish Manti well in the NFL, but I don't want him period. 

I guess what bothers me most about this whole thing is that eventually Manti just needs to shut the bleep up & play. Stop going on the talk show circuit & if you call a press conference with the media either read a statement & leave right afterwards. Or sit their among the media blitzkrieg & answer every single question. This kid has no thick skin at all IMO. An NFL locker room of team mates & their "girlfriend" scrutiny would eat him alive for breakfast.