Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG way ahead of schedule for return

amfootball

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2013 - personal argument

I don't want anyone to get capped at the knees, thank you very much. But If I can't play straight up football, and resort to trick plays No matter who you are), then It's open game for some hard hitting. If you don't like that, go play some snakes and ladders.

It really is getting tiresome with you chuckle brothers liking each others posts every single day. 

Football is a game of trick plays, I would think that much is obvious. The offense comes up with tricks and plays to get the ball into the endzone. The defense comes up with stunts and blitzes to stop them.

As for the liking of posts, does it matter? You always come along whenever a Griffin post pops up to spew negative or illogical statements. I liked Vance's post because it was ironic. I'm sure even you realized how silly your post looked once you posted it as well.

Oh yeah, and I like Chutes and Ladders! But football comes first. ;)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is a game of trick plays, I would think that much is obvious. The offense comes up with tricks and plays to get the ball into the endzone. The defense comes up with stunts and blitzes to stop them.

As for the liking of posts, does it matter? You always come along whenever a Griffin post pops up to spew negative or illogical statements. I liked Vance's post because it was ironic. I'm sure even you realized how silly your post looked once you posted it as well.

Oh yeah, and I like Chutes and Ladders! But football comes first. ;)

I didn't realize there were people that thought the read option is comprised of trick plays.  I am not sure that the zone option is not just a great play action done at the line of scrimmage facing the defense as opposed to back to the defense. At least that is what it looks like to me. Deception is a key part of football espcecially with the speed and athleticism of the defense. Very rarely can an offense just line up and go straight at the defense with any success. Without mismatches and/or deception the ball would be moved very little. But I do agree with BraveColt that if the QB is the one faking then he will get hit and hit a lot. That comes with the territory. I think what I find so impressive with RG, Russell, Kaep and Cam is how good they are with the football in their hands. You would think you would see more fumbles.

I didn't realize there were people that thought the read option is comprised of trick plays.  I am not sure that the zone option is not just a great play action done at the line of scrimmage facing the defense as opposed to back to the defense. At least that is what it looks like to me. Deception is a key part of football espcecially with the speed and athleticism of the defense. Very rarely can an offense just line up and go straight at the defense with any success. Without mismatches and/or deception the ball would be moved very little. But I do agree with BraveColt that if the QB is the one faking then he will get hit and hit a lot. That comes with the territory. I think what I find so impressive with RG, Russell, Kaep and Cam is how good they are with the football in their hands. You would think you would see more fumbles.

Yeah, no one is just going to go out without a game plan and win any games on offense. That would just be absurd. And the read option is basically a variation of play action. You're very right about the ball security thing. Those guys take the hits and don't cough the ball up like RBs would. You would think the opposite would be true since they aren't as used to getting hit as RBs are, but hey, these young guys know what they are doing.

Yes....he was.

But two things to note....

Colin Kaepernick had a year of NFL coaching under Harbaugh and proved himself very capable of operating in the pocket for most of a football game .

And secondly....any gimmick can work for 1-2 seasons, but NFL DCs will without question attack Zone/Read - Pistol QBs with a vengeance. At some point Head Coaches and/or OCs will have to pull the plug on running these guys so much.

RGIII is one of the fastest and most elusive runners we've seen in the NFL...ever. And he got smoked, downfield...by a 350 lb. DT. Unless the league comes up with even more ridiculous rules protecting the QB, I don't see how the trend can last.

Just like Buddy Ryan's 4-4 defense was supposedly unbeatable..It was for like 1-2 seasons, until coaches figured it out. The only offense that has some longevity is the west coast offense, and even then there have been many variations of it to keep it different and confusing for defenses.

Rg3's grandpa

I'm an expert on this as we named my son incorrectly and later changed his name.

If you name a boy after his father (John) , his name would be John Jr.

If you name him after his Grandfather and his father was not named John or otherwise John Jr. , his name would be John the second.

If you name him after him John and his father was also named John (John Jr.) then he would be John the third as you say. 

That all said , you are probably right thinking the granfather was RG but unless you looked it up , you couldn't be sure. Could be that his great grandfather was RG and either his son or grandson was not named RG.

I would also say that the cerebral QBs will always have the advanrage because no matter what the defense does they can read it and make a quality decision. I think for QBs whose athleticism is their biggest asset are at a disadvantage because the QB position at its essence is based on throwing. Jaworksi always says this and he is right. It is always one vs. eleven when a QB takes off to run and those odds just simply never work out long term.

Just like Buddy Ryan's 4-4 defense was supposedly unbeatable..It was for like 1-2 seasons, until coaches figured it out. The only offense that has some longevity is the west coast offense, and even then there have been many variations of it to keep it different and confusing for defenses.

From 84 - 88 The Bear D ranked 3, 1, 1, 4, 1 in scoring D.   They were OUTSTANDING.    The Bears issue during those years was the QB position.   Jimmy Mac could not stay healthy, Chicago simply had no QB.      Same situation the Ravens were in for years.

And the players simply got old....      nobody figured out that D.

Wasn't it the 46 defense?

Yeah, I think Shanahan is going to be mindful of injuries or nags from now on...but that field turf isn't exactly the floor of the Taj Mahal. I think Snyder knows this as well. But guys who can run will run, it's a simple fact...what they did put their teams in position to win, and put them in the post-season. A lot of guys don't care as much about their well-being when they're playing...and it's unfortunate but a reality. I think they'll be just as successful this year as this past season. I mean, look with what we have to work with in the Draft...Matt Barkley? Really? If that's the next generation of QBs in the NFL, then no thank you lol. Just as 12 relies on his arm and is good with it...well, the others rely a little more on their legs as well, and they are also pretty darn good with it. Bring it on, D coordinators. Let's see how this game of chess goes.

They definitely need to clean up their crappy field. Thing is full of land mines, clumps of grass and dirt ripped out, lol. Bad fields definitely don't help when you have a world class athlete QB.

They definitely need to clean up their crappy field. Thing is full of land mines, clumps of grass and dirt ripped out, lol. Bad fields definitely don't help when you have a world class athlete QB.

Yep. They invested in that pick, they should invest in some nice green as well. Gotta protect the athletes, especially your Franchise Quarterback.

No it's not...

Rose is being selfish. He "thinks" the Bulls are not good enough to compete.... yet he won't get on the floor when he has been going full for some time now. ????

I have no idea what his issue is except "content" ...

NBA players don't get HIT. There limbs don't get torqued. The comparison is not close.

82 games vs 16 games plus 7 game series in the playoffs. Sure that isn't worse.

Well stated RG3.  

Break out some film of the old wishbone offenses and veers.  Fake means.....by sports definition....Sports A brief feint or aborted change of direction intended to mislead one's opponent or the opposing team.  Having a false or misleading appearance

I do not know how many clinics....how many practices....haw many pre-games, Contain contain contain.  "This guy is GREAT at the fake.  Do NOT go for the fake...hit him."  I hit the QB.....over and over again.  The QB did not wish to continue to get hit.  I am talking LEGAL bone jarring hits.  I am not talking about ACL injuries or any injuries a la Williams. Injuries happen if a QB runs.  Simple as that....they also happen on fakes.

This is simple defensive philosophy...no Gregg Williams bounty....this is not new news.....and QBs will continue to get hurt....running the Pistol...Zone Read...."Veer with a twist"  offenses.  They will also get hurt running the Pro-Style Offense whether in the pocket or running.  I for on am glad this is a contact sport.   :)   :flag:  :flag: (It also does not hurt to get one or two of these to show you are not messing around)

In the NFL you can't hit a QB when he doesn't have the ball unless he sells the fake.  If you insist on blowing the QB up every time he will cease to do so and will just hand it off.  What happens then?  Well, for one thing, Alfred Morris is going to get a TON of yardage because your DE won't be playing contain on the play (he will be playing contain on the QB, who is out of the play).  The refs will also look at the play differently than they would if Griffin took off at a sprint and pretended to be a runner and contact will be frowned upon and likely penalized (not so under the replacement refs, as we saw, but holds true with regular officials).

If you tell a LB to hit the QB and a DE to play contain on Griffin or vice versa what then happens on a similarly constructed play action pass?  You've got a large area of space vacated by the LB.

It's not that the plays are indefensible but when the execution of the mix of plays is very high and the playcalling is unpredictable you can't take that simplistic an approach to it.

Here's a new twist to this.... By that I mean the idea that the Redskins are pushing him. I guess not out of the question after watching him hobble around for 3 quarters vs Seattle.

From Roto World....

port: Concern over RG3 rushing his recovery

7406.jpg

According to Yahoo Sports, "those close" to Robert Griffin III believe the Redskins and others around Griffin are placing "undue pressure" on RG3 to "return too quickly" from his ACL and LCL tears.

They believe Griffin is at risk of reinjury. Redskins team Dr. James Andrews has publicly deemed RG3 "way ahead of schedule," and Griffin is starring in an Adidas ad campaign entitled "All in for Week 1." Said one source, "It's been like six weeks; what are we doing this for? He's not running yet. (Playing in Week 1) is ridiculous to talk about." Added another person close to Griffin, "I don't understand why we're talking about how close he is to playing or not right now. Let him just get better; there's a long way to go." It's an obvious fantasy situation to track.

I don't want anyone to get capped at the knees, thank you very much. But If I can't play straight up football, and resort to trick plays No matter who you are), then It's open game for some hard hitting. If you don't like that, go play some snakes and ladders.

It really is getting tiresome with you chuckle brothers liking each others posts every single day. 

Dude you realize like my chuckle brother pointed out, every QB does a "trick" play of sorts, I mean what do you think a play action is? 

And liking posts isn't really my jive, check yourself son.

Dude you realize like my chuckle brother pointed out, every QB does a "trick" play of sorts, I mean what do you think a play action is? 

And liking posts isn't really my jive, check yourself son.

Yes, he really wrote "check yourself son"

Here's a new twist to this.... By that I mean the idea that the Redskins are pushing him. I guess not out of the question after watching him hobble around for 3 quarters vs Seattle.

From Roto World....

port: Concern over RG3 rushing his recovery

7406.jpg

According to Yahoo Sports, "those close" to Robert Griffin III believe the Redskins and others around Griffin are placing "undue pressure" on RG3 to "return too quickly" from his ACL and LCL tears.

They believe Griffin is at risk of reinjury. Redskins team Dr. James Andrews has publicly deemed RG3 "way ahead of schedule," and Griffin is starring in an Adidas ad campaign entitled "All in for Week 1." Said one source, "It's been like six weeks; what are we doing this for? He's not running yet. (Playing in Week 1) is ridiculous to talk about." Added another person close to Griffin, "I don't understand why we're talking about how close he is to playing or not right now. Let him just get better; there's a long way to go." It's an obvious fantasy situation to track.

Not a lot of substance there.  The one thing I've heard throughout this process is that the biggest challenge is holding Griffin back a little in his rehab to ensure that he's not pushing too hard.  It would be naive to say that there isn't pressure on the kid from multiple directions to come back sooner than later but it should be obvious that no one wants him to suffer a setback or come back before he's ready.  Both Dr. Andrews and our coaching staff have made public statements attesting that their primary desire to get Griffin healthy for the long haul, not just for the 2013 season.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2013 - personal agument
Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2013 - personal agument

As he should. Mr. HeartColt does need to check himself. That's a polite way of putting it.  :thmup:

Shocking you would agree with the other Texan fan.....didn't see that coming

Shocking you would agree with the other Texan fan.....didn't see that coming

Shocking you would antagonize and discriminate against us for being Texans fans...didn't see that coming either.

This thread is getting heated. You guys can't just be chucking out "chuckle brothers" and "check yourself sons" all willy nilly.

This is a family friendly forum. haha

This thread is getting heated. You guys can't just be chucking out "chuckle brothers" and "check yourself sons" all willy nilly.

This is a family friendly forum. haha

Lol I knew this would get heated when I saw " RG way ahead" in the thread title. :lol:

Funny how nobody has ever seen QwizBoy and Vance87 in the same room at the same time.  No wonder they always chuckle about the same thing and agree that others should check themselves ; )

Funny how nobody has ever seen QwizBoy and Vance87 in the same room at the same time.  No wonder they always chuckle about the same thing and agree that others should check themselves ; )

IltOX.jpg

Final game against the Texans we lined up and ran it down their throats with a ROOKIE Running Back. For what 9:26 or so, :lol:  :lol:  no deception there. We MANHANDLED :strong: those boys, Watts face on the big screen was PRICELESS!!! :stir:

Shocking you would antagonize and discriminate against us for being Texans fans...didn't see that coming either.

My, aren't you dramatic

From 84 - 88 The Bear D ranked 3, 1, 1, 4, 1 in scoring D.   They were OUTSTANDING.    The Bears issue during those years was the QB position.   Jimmy Mac could not stay healthy, Chicago simply had no QB.      Same situation the Ravens were in for years.

And the players simply got old....      nobody figured out that D.

If no body figured it out, then why isn't every team using it?

For some reason he only saw your retort and not Wally's unnecessary comment...strange, isn't it...

I saw both, but telling someone to "check themselves son" is unintentionally hilarious

I saw both, but telling someone to "check themselves son" is unintentionally hilarious

I guess its just something we southerners say lol.

Final game against the Texans we lined up and ran it down their throats with a ROOKIE Running Back. For what 9:26 or so, :lol::lol: no deception there. We MANHANDLED :strong: those boys, Watts face on the big screen was PRICELESS!!! :stir:

-__- This is a Griffin battle thread, if you want to have a Texan war you will have to stir that pot in a separate thread sir haha

Because most teams don't have Hampton, McMichael, Dent, Marshall, Wilson, Singletary, Fincik, Bell, Duerson, , .....

That D was stacked.     NO scheme is going to succeed without talented players executing it.     The Ravens have basically used the old Bear philosophy ....      but they have had some really good personnel.

If no body figured it out, then why isn't every team using it?