Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make a bold and way too early NFL prediction for the 2013 season

Jules

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flacco ends up on a different team.

Bradford wins all matches against the Niners AND Seahawks but loses both games to the Cardinals.

Amendola gets picked up by another team... enter Brian Quick.

Brian Quick is better than Titus Young in Game 1 and then Titus throws a 'Harbaugh' fit.

Two of the top FA WRs end up on the same team.

Lucks throws for 400 yards and 2 TDs in each of the first 3 games. 31 teams don't know what to do now.

Cutler is in the running for league MVP.

RG3 is out for the season before the bye week. Cap'n Kirk wins over Redskins Nation. D.C. demands RG3 be traded.

Patriots have worst season of the Brady era.

Bengals dominate the North with the addition of Harvin tot he WR corps.

Bucs sign QB Flynn and he gets them into the playoffs again. 

Flacco ends up on a different team.

Bradford wins all matches against the Niners AND Seahawks but loses both games to the Cardinals.

Amendola gets picked up by another team... enter Brian Quick.

Brian Quick is better than Titus Young in Game 1 and then Titus throws a 'Harbaugh' fit.

Two of the top FA WRs end up on the same team.

Lucks throws for 400 yards and 2 TDs in each of the first 3 games. 31 teams don't know what to do now.

Cutler is in the running for league MVP.

RG3 is out for the season before the bye week. Cap'n Kirk wins over Redskins Nation. D.C. demands RG3 be traded.

Patriots have worst season of the Brady era.

Bengals dominate the North with the addition of Harvin tot he WR corps.

Bucs sign QB Flynn and he gets them into the playoffs again.

I'll give ya credit for following the thread title lol

Why all the negative Patriots predictions? One might think this was a Colts forum. ;)

My bold prediction: Patriots beat the Colts in the AFC championship game and go on to beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. :clap:

I will allow the Patriots to advance to the SB under 1 condition: Crush the Cowboys by a modest score...Say 55 to 3...Thanks FE!  :flyingelvis:  :funny:  :thmup:

Why all the negative Patriots predictions? One might think this was a Colts forum. ;)

My bold prediction: Patriots beat the Colts in the AFC championship game and go on to beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. :clap:

Unlike most of the predictions in this thread, that is bold.  I seriously doubt the Colts make it that far in the playoffs and I expect the Cowboys to miss out entirely again.

11. GoPats falls down a mountain, but is saved from serious injury by Don Avery, who catches him 3 feet from the ground. Unfortunately he then drops poor GoPats who disclocates his shoulder yet again 

I knew something like this would eventually happen. What with my inability to preserve myself and Don Avery's butterfingers.

The cherry on top would be that Mike Vanderjagt turns out to be my ambulance driver. When approaching the entrance to the ER, he loses control of the wheel and we go wide right into a tree.

Hmm, I love baseless predictions...

- AP is the first RB in NFL history to follow a 2,000-yard season with at least 1,500 rushing yards the next year

- A quarterback (not sure who) threatens Brady's 50 TD record, but falls just short

- Ed Reed signs with New England, wins two consecutive Super Bowls with two different teams ( :thmup: )

- Richard Sherman fails at least one drug test, blames everyone, maintains that his sample leaked again

I agree, we won't go that far. We'll go further!!

I don't think your defense is playing well enough yet to be serious contenders... not unless Luck takes a monumental leap forward under Pep.  It'll be interesting.

Both T.Y Hilton and Coby Fleener have over 1,000 yards receiving.

Half of that statement is a little ambitious.  TY cracking 1000 is practically a given next season based on how he played down the stretch, not so sure Coby even has that kind of potential (1000 yard TE seasons are pretty rare even among the best of 'em, after all).

I don't think your defense is playing well enough yet to be serious contenders... not unless Luck takes a monumental leap forward under Pep. It'll be interesting.

Half of that statement is a little ambitious. TY cracking 1000 is practically a given next season based on how he played down the stretch, not so sure Coby even has that kind of potential (1000 yard TE seasons are pretty rare even among the best of 'em, after all).

Yeah that seems far fetched because Reggie will definitely have 1,000 next season and that would give us 3 1, 000 yard receivers which I believe has only happened like five times in league history.

Colts trade a 2013 7th round pick for Calvin Johnson, 2014 7th round pick for Watt, and 2015 7th round pick for AP. 

Meanwhile, the Texans are shipped Tom Brady, Earl Thomas, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, and Peyton Manning as a back-up in the biggest blockbuster trade in the history of the NFL. :goodluck:

I don't think your defense is playing well enough yet to be serious contenders... not unless Luck takes a monumental leap forward under Pep.  It'll be interesting.

Half of that statement is a little ambitious.  TY cracking 1000 is practically a given next season based on how he played down the stretch, not so sure Coby even has that kind of potential (1000 yard TE seasons are pretty rare even among the best of 'em, after all).

If we go by the playoffs then neither are the Broncos/Patriots/49ers........they got slapped by the Ravens worse then we did and we were not at home or on a neutral site.

At least we held the mighty Flacco to under 25 points in the Ray Lewis retirement party despite our offensive issues.

However at home I love our chances, on the road we have A LOT to prove. Will be interesting to see what we add to the team and how the youth develops.

AFC SOUTH CHAMPS 2013:  Indianapolis Colts

Super Bowl Champs: Denver Broncos (Manning & Moss & TO all cry together on the podium and retire)

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Cordarelle Patterson

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Kevin Minter

MVP Finalists: Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson

AFC: Denver 34 Steelers 24

NFC: Seattle 38 Atlanta 27

Super Bowl

Denver 31

Seattle 23

Now that is a bold prediction...haha. Cowboys in the playoffs...playoffs?

1.  Ed Hochuli becomes the Colts starting right guard

2.  Ray Lewis revisits the Super Dome, kneels down at the 50 yard line and actually ascends to Heaven

3.  Colin Kappernick reveals he is the devil in a poor disguise

4.  Headline News report a real island with the real Jack's dead body on it

5.  The Houston Texans switch Kubiak and Schaub and nobody notices

6.  Jim Harbaugh is forced by his parents to kiss his brother John and say he's sorry

7.  Andrew Luck throws the ball left handed 65 yards to win the Super Bowl, hunts down Phil Simms and gives him a wet willie

I think someone would notice, remember we have won the AFCS 2 years in a row

deal-with-it1.gif

If we go by the playoffs then neither are the Broncos/Patriots/49ers........they got slapped by the Ravens worse then we did and we were not at home or on a neutral site.

At least we held the mighty Flacco to under 25 points in the Ray Lewis retirement party despite our offensive issues.

However at home I love our chances, on the road we have A LOT to prove. Will be interesting to see what we add to the team and how the youth develops.

True... but that doesn't change the fact that I don't think your defense is quite good enough for a deep playoff run.  The 9ers and Broncos defenses were legitimately good defenses that played terrible games when it counted.  You guys had a defense that didn't give up a lot of points but was both a little inconsistent and couldn't generate turnovers, which is a bad sign come the postseason.

True... but that doesn't change the fact that I don't think your defense is quite good enough for a deep playoff run.  The 9ers and Broncos defenses were legitimately good defenses that played terrible games when it counted.  You guys had a defense that didn't give up a lot of points but was both a little inconsistent and couldn't generate turnovers, which is a bad sign come the postseason.

Except we don't know how good our D will be next season either. Hopefully it improves. We don't know who we could draft or sign in FA who could help and if the guys we already have will improve in year 2 in a new scheme. It was a "rebuilding year" even though we won 11 games.

It was a year in transition. We all know this. We still did OKAY. Before we played the Packers a few of their fans were almost laughing at our secondary before the game on their forums. I don't blame them. On paper it looked pretty bad, especially since Vontae was out.

49ers D is good but overrated against the pass at times IMO. Like Houston, I did not feel their D was as good as the previous seasons version.

I was never sold on Denver being as good as the stat sheet said either. "Good enough D" at times but I also felt the schedule helped make them look better then they were at times. Kinda like those Chargers teams we have seen who have amazing stats and then fold in the playoffs. AFC West issue?

We were just playing with house money last year at times so I realize that not many will be high on us until proven otherwise. Still we proved to be a great home team too beating 3 playoff teams and only losing one game to a last minute brain fart vs. the Jaguars.

Not saying we will be this defensive force next season but improvement might be there, can't count them out in February. Broncos/Patriots D's need turnovers too IMO. I don't think either D is as good unless the opposing squad coughs it up.

I could actually see this happening....come on FA!

QuizBoy, I respect your intelligence a great deal, but do you see Randy Moss, who excelled under Tom Brady in 2007, rushing to play with Matt Schaub? The Texans have a great defense, but Matt isn't clutch when you need him to be. Although, he did win his 1st Playoff game this season so perhaps he has lifted an enormous weight of his shoulders & he is ready to make a deep SB run now.

QuizBoy, I respect your intelligence a great deal, but do you see Randy Moss, who excelled under Tom Brady in 2007, rushing to play with Matt Schaub? The Texans have a great defense, but Matt isn't clutch when you need him to be. Although, he did win his 1st Playoff game this season so perhaps he has lifted an enormous weight of his shoulders & he is ready to make a deep SB run now.

I just think that Moss wants a job. He's not really in a situation to be picky.

Except we don't know how good our D will be next season either. Hopefully it improves. We don't know who we could draft or sign in FA who could help and if the guys we already have will improve in year 2 in a new scheme. It was a "rebuilding year" even though we won 11 games.

It was a year in transition. We all know this. We still did OKAY. Before we played the Packers a few of their fans were almost laughing at our secondary before the game on their forums. I don't blame them. On paper it looked pretty bad, especially since Vontae was out.

49ers D is good but overrated against the pass at times IMO. Like Houston, I did not feel their D was as good as the previous seasons version.

I was never sold on Denver being as good as the stat sheet said either. "Good enough D" at times but I also felt the schedule helped make them look better then they were at times. Kinda like those Chargers teams we have seen who have amazing stats and then fold in the playoffs. AFC West issue?

We were just playing with house money last year at times so I realize that not many will be high on us until proven otherwise. Still we proved to be a great home team too beating 3 playoff teams and only losing one game to a last minute brain fart vs. the Jaguars.

Not saying we will be this defensive force next season but improvement might be there, can't count them out in February. Broncos/Patriots D's need turnovers too IMO. I don't think either D is as good unless the opposing squad coughs it up.

And it was our first year in the 3-4. The only way is up.....

If he recognizes a team that can win him a Super Bowl, then yes. Schaub is not a bad quarterback. Moss wasn't too concerned about playing with "okay" Alex Smith, so I don't see him complaining about playing with Matt Schaub. Especially with a true number one playing alongside him, he could thrive in our offense. Like Dustin said as well, he is not in a situation to be picky.  

Yeah I could remove the Texans and just use us. Cause I want to put us there. ;)

But, an all AFC South big game would be kinda fun too.....we get dumped on way too much. :)

Dumping days are probably over for a long long time with any Luck,pardon the pun.IMO Colts will be strong for years to come