Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss diss of Tom Brady?

coltsfanmilyman

My brother told me about this last night and so I bring this to the board, was this possibly directed at Brady? 

"I didn't come into the league to pose for no cameras or do no photo
shoots. Just a young country boy from Rand, West Virginia, man. I just
wanted to play football.''

This is during media day when he dropped his nugget about being the GOAT.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/29/randy-moss-san-francisco-49ers-super-bowl/1875675/

Its all the way at the bottom.

I thought they had a good relationship and were cool? 

What do you guys think?

My brother told me about this last night and so I bring this to the board, was this possibly directed at Brady? 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/29/randy-moss-san-francisco-49ers-super-bowl/1875675/

What do you guys think?

No. Literally the last thing I thought of when reading that article was 'is that a shot at Brady'?

Context matters...and the line right before explains what he meant with that comment.

"When I first came into this league, I didn't have a lot of guidance,'' he said. "I really didn't know how to accept what was coming my way — from endorsement deals to media coverage. The only thing I wanted to do was play football. And I still feel that way.

"I didn't come into the league to pose for no cameras or do no photo shoots. Just a young country boy from Rand, West Virginia, man. I just wanted to play football.''

I didn't see it as a diss at all...wow, everybody is all over these 49ers comments this week lol.

In other news, Marino cheated on his wife in '05 and has a seven year old daughter with said cheatee...a lot of strange things coming out this year.

No diss. Randy loves Tommy Boy. Check out this transcript from a press conference Randy did as a Viking a few weeks after the Patriots traded him in 2010.

"Let me hold it down. Alright. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, Wilfolk, Tommy Boy, Mayo, Kevin Faulk, man I miss them guys, man, I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It's been an up and down roller coaster emotionally for me all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys, running plays and I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game, so I kind of know what type of feeling they have on their locker room, man. I just want to be able to tell the guys, I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.

"I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game. I've never had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special. That's something I really take to heart. I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team and the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So I'm actually stuck for words, just because of the fact that, man, this is just, a lot of memories here. To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/18804/verbatim-randy-moss

No. Literally the last thing I thought of when reading that article was 'is that a shot at Brady'?

Context matters...and the line right before explains what he meant with that comment.

"When I first came into this league, I didn't have a lot of guidance,'' he said. "I really didn't know how to accept what was coming my way — from endorsement deals to media coverage. The only thing I wanted to do was play football. And I still feel that way.

"I didn't come into the league to pose for no cameras or do no photo shoots. Just a young country boy from Rand, West Virginia, man. I just wanted to play football.''

Thanks Dynasty13. That's why I enjoy reading your posts: You are fair, objective, & never take anything out of context. I don't understand why so many people/pundits slam Randy Moss. He's not perfect, he's made mistakes...News flash so have I. I'm no saint. Not by a longshot. Randy Moss was a great WR in his rookie year in Minnesota & with NE in 2007. I love his ability to stretch the field, lift the top off a defense, & go up & get any ball whether he is covered or not. Randy Moss is a good guy, great WR, & I'd like to see him win a SB ring. He's not disrespecting Brady at all. 

What do you guys think?

This has absolutely nothing to do with dissing brady.

First....   that was no diss of Tom Brady....

Second....   someone here took this as an opportunity to take a shot at the media?    WTH??

What did the media do?   They didn't stir anything up?    The poster asked if Moss took a shot at Brady,  the media didn't ask that.  The media didn't stir up anything.

There's no 'there' there....    there's nothing to this on any level....    it's just a story about Moss's life....

If you're looking for something,  there's nothing to see....     sorry....

The guy is an amazing athlete but the problem is you never know when he quits. He can quit any moment he feels like to.

His College attitude  & troubles dropped him in the draft, till his abilities over shadowed attitude still taken at    # 21

ONly remembered above , below are wiki's details

Moss past issues were laid out for all to see, and questions of his character began to rise. Moss was expected to be the most watched contestant of the NFL Combine, but he did not show up. Rumors swirled that it was to avoid the drug test. Moss opted to work out at the Marshall pro day, where scouts from nearly every NFL team came to watch him work out. Moss turned in a legendary performance, running the 40 yard dash in just 4.25 seconds, despite running into the wind. He also posted a 47 inch vertical while catching nearly every pass thrown. Scouts for the Dallas Cowboys, who had the 11th overall pick and greatly interested in Moss, told owner Jerry Jones that Moss was the greatest individual prospect they had ever seen.

During the 1998 NFL Draft, Moss, who was projected as a high first-round pick,[1] was taken by the Minnesota Vikings with the 21st overall pick after a number of NFL clubs—even those in need of a WR—were concerned with Moss' well-documented legal problems. Before the draft Moss was quoted as saying teams that pass on him "will regret it once they see what kind of a player I am and what kind of guy I really am."[15] The team most often cited for passing on Moss is the Dallas Cowboys. Moss grew up a Cowboys fan and wanted to play for the Cowboys. The Cowboys wanted Moss,[16] but because of many off-field incidents of their own, team owner and GM Jerry Jones did not feel the team could draft Moss.[17] Moss felt that the Cowboys lied to him, because they told him they would draft him.[18] On draft day, Dallas went so far as to have a scout in Charleston, West Virginia, the same town where Moss and his mother were watching the draft.[19] Dallas star receiver Michael Irvin even called to apologize to Moss, because Irvin's own off-field problems were a main reason Moss was not drafted by Dallas.[20] After the draft, Moss made a point of beating the Cowboys any time he faced them.[21]

After the draft, Moss signed a 4 year, $4.5 million dollar contract that included an additional $4 million dollars in bonuses and incentives.[22] As part of the deal, he received a $2 million dollar signing bonus.[23] Moss originally wore #18 in training camp (a number he would eventually wear for Oakland) but switched to the more conventional #84 before the preseason began.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss

No diss. Randy loves Tommy Boy. Check out this transcript from a press conference Randy did as a Viking a few weeks after the Patriots traded him in 2010.

"Let me hold it down. Alright. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, Wilfolk, Tommy Boy, Mayo, Kevin Faulk, man I miss them guys, man, I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It's been an up and down roller coaster emotionally for me all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys, running plays and I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game, so I kind of know what type of feeling they have on their locker room, man. I just want to be able to tell the guys, I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.

"I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game. I've never had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special. That's something I really take to heart. I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team and the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So I'm actually stuck for words, just because of the fact that, man, this is just, a lot of memories here. To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/18804/verbatim-randy-moss

See thats what I thought too, I thought he had major affection for them.

My brother heard a snippit of what was said on the sirius football show that he always listens to, then the radio hosts said something about GQ covers and he(my brother) thought Moss had said that as well.

I can't believe my thread was face Palmed!!!!

Especially intergalactically !  :woah: :bag: :mindblow::nutz::facepalm:

Moss is quoted in a book that came out about Brady last year:

"Tom Brady is not just the best quarterback I've played with, he's the best quarterback that's ever been put in this league."

I remembered it word-for-word because it's worded so oddly.

Moss wasn't dissing Brady. I think the biggest regret in Moss' career is working his way out of New England.

"Tom Brady is not just the best quarterback I've played with, he's the best quarterback that's ever been put in this league."

Moss wasn't dissing Brady. I think the biggest regret in Moss' career is working his way out of New England.

What did he do there that turned the relationship sour?

I figured he was surely gonna get a ring with them but. . . .

You could just tell with his 2nd stop with HC Brad Childress & the Minnesota Vikings Randy was thinking "Man, I wish I shut up & about wanting more money in NE now." 

Got to love how the media takes just little snips and it changes everything.

This is clearly not a dig at Tom Brady when you actually read everything he said.

The media does this all the time especially when it comes to politics.

Yes they clearly twist everything to theyre liking and agenda,the exact reason i pretty much despise the press

Yes they clearly twist everything to theyre liking and agenda,the exact reason i pretty much despise the press

What I dislike so much is that a significant segment of the media seems to ask the same question, the same way, over & over again like a trained money with crashing cymbals or a talking parrot that repeats phrases on command. Spice it up a bit, be creative, & find new ways to state the ordinary & familiar. Reporter Scott Hansen on NFL Network is really good at this IMO. 

What did he do there that turned the relationship sour?

I figured he was surely gonna get a ring with them but. . . .

We may never know the whole story of what happened between Randy and the Patriots but I think Jackie MacMullan said it best in her October 7, 2010 column, http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=macmullan_jackie&id=5656758

"So Randy Moss got what he wanted -- again.

Doesn't he always? The man who could have -- more specifically, should have -- gone down as the greatest receiver in NFL history was presented with a golden opportunity in New England, but he became so focused on securing himself a new contract, he forgot about everything (and everyone) around him."

"Like Corey Dillon before him, Moss had a shelf life. The Patriots likely knew this day would come when they traded for him in 2007. There's only so much a coach, a teammate, an owner can take. At some point, every player is asked to give some consideration to the team ahead of their individual interests.

Randy Moss may have initially done that in New England, but he wasn't interested in doing it anymore. He was looking out for No. 1. His bizarre postgame news conference following the team's first win of the season against Cincinnati was steeped in self-indulgence.

And you wonder why he wasn't chosen as a team captain."

Here's the link to that bizarre press conference Jackie mentioned, http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/in_what_will_li.html