Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why The Colts will Win A SB Within 5 Years

dw49

We have Andrew Luck for the next 4 years at around 5 million per year. Here is an example of what some of the good teams are now facing....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total AccessMonday night that Joe Flacco intends to target more money than Peyton Manning in contract talks with the Ravens.

Per Rapoport, Flacco and the Ravens will resume negotiations immediately after the Super Bowl. "I'm told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning," Rapoport reported. "Manning makes ($19.2M) a year; expect them to shoot higher than that." The $20 million-per-year figure is clearly Flacco's goal. The Ravens ought to be kicking themselves for not locking up Flacco when his asking price was more reasonable late last offseason.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Andrew Luck for the next 4 years at around 5 million per year. Here is an example of what some of the good teams are now facing....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total AccessMonday night that Joe Flacco intends to target more money than Peyton Manning in contract talks with the Ravens.

Per Rapoport, Flacco and the Ravens will resume negotiations immediately after the Super Bowl. "I'm told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning," Rapoport reported. "Manning makes ($19.2M) a year; expect them to shoot higher than that." The $20 million-per-year figure is clearly Flacco's goal. The Ravens ought to be kicking themselves for not locking up Flacco when his asking price was more reasonable late last offseason.

I didn't take this article clip seriously after I read flaco wants more then manning .. Not even close to te same caliber player .. One good seasons Dosent put you in league with one of the best qbs every .

Joe better take down his price because he will not get that much. I read an article the other day about Flacco and salary request for next year and under their methodology he will get about 5 years/75-80 million, and it made complete sense. The playoffs change nothing for Joe. The only three players who are making around 20 million are Brady, Manning, and Brees. Now look what each of those QB's have done for their respective teams and cities, even though Peyton has left. Although Baltimore is better with Flacco the team was still very good before him. He did not elevate the team and the city like the other 3 QB's mentioned. That is why they got the money they did. The next person who will probably get the kind of money the top 3 get will be Rogers, not Flacco.

Forgot one more thing, the report said the team was happy to franchise Flacco if it could not come to terms!

You pretty much can only franchise a guy for 1 year . So here's what you are looking at,

Year 1 would be 14.6 mill,

Year 2 would be 20% raise or 17.6 mill.

The new TV deal kicks in after I think next year and the cap and salaries will go up. So if the Raven choose to go that route they are going to probably just look at a worse situation down the road. Plus if you franchise you have no wiggle room as far as when you take your biggest cap hits for the contract. For instance , the ravens might feel with the new deal the salary cap may be higher in 2015 and 2016, So they might structure a 7 year contract that has a cap hit of 7 mill in 2013. If they franchise him next year , his hit would be 14.6. Not saying that thisis not an option but cerftainly not the "cat's butt,"

Guys and girls , you really miss the point. It's not who is better Flaco or Manning. It's the fact that we have a pure stud at QB and his cost is set at 15 mill for the next 3 years and around 12-13 mill in year 4. My original post is wrong as the 5th year of his contract cals for the "transition tag price," If Flacco doesn't get upwards of 20 mill , hes going to get 17-18. What's the difference ?

And Flacco isn't worth $15 million+ imo.

Put me on Record for this, & hold me to it. I see Flacco enduring the SAME thing Alex Smith did. Flacco is a Game manager, nothing more. I have Tyrod Taylor taking over in BAL. Some of you may disagree, but that's your opinion. I'm sticking to this statement

Put me on Record for this, & hold me to it. I see Flacco enduring the SAME thing Alex Smith did. Flacco is a Game manager, nothing more. I have Tyrod Taylor taking over in BAL. Some of you may disagree, but that's your opinion. I'm sticking to this statement

sorry but i dont agree with this at all.

Put me on Record for this, & hold me to it. I see Flacco enduring the SAME thing Alex Smith did. Flacco is a Game manager, nothing more. I have Tyrod Taylor taking over in BAL. Some of you may disagree, but that's your opinion. I'm sticking to this statemen

How about we both send checks for $500 to one of the moderators. I'll say Flacco gets 15+ per year . If he gets franchised for the 14.6 and Taylor takes over after that year , you win the bet. If he signs for less than 15 mill per year lonfg term . you also win . You put up $500 and I'll put up $700. The extra $200 goes to Superman or the moderator we choose for holding the money. You good with that ?

How about we both send checks for $500 to one of the moderators. I'll say Flacco gets 15+ per year . If he gets franchised for the 14.6 and Taylor takes over after that year , you win the bet. If he signs for less than 15 mill per year lonfg term . you also win . You put up $500 and I'll put up $700. The extra $200 goes to Superman or the moderator we choose for holding the money. You good with that ?

Pretty sure "Betting/Gambling" is against the Forum rules. So no, I'm not with that as I enjoy my Forum Experience & not about to jeopardize it. So... I'll pass :D

You should definitely win a Super Bowl in 5 years. If not it is a dissappointment.
How long has Schuab been the Starter? Do you consider him a disappointment or you still have Faith in him?

I ask because I've talked to a few Texans Fans & they've said it's time to get rid of Schuab

sorry but i dont agree with this at all.

Me either. Tyrod Taylor isn't going to be starting anywhere anytime soon. Especially if Flacco wins the big game this year, he's going to be pretty secure in his spot, heck, even if he doesn't.

How long has Schuab been the Starter? Do you consider him a disappointment or you still have Faith in him?

I ask because I've talked to a few Texans Fans & they've said it's time to get rid of Schuab

This thread is about the Colts, not Matt Schaub.

Pretty sure "Betting/Gambling" is against the Forum rules. So no, I'm not with that as I enjoy my Forum Experience & not about to jeopardize it. So... I'll pass :D

That's cool and I know some people don't like to bet. How about we do something like this. We'll go by the guidlines of what I stated in the bet proposal and the loser has to state that he is a dumb bafoon in a concession post  ?

That's cool and I know some people don't like to bet. How about we do something like this. We'll go by the guidlines of what I stated in the bet proposal and the loser has to state that he is a dumb bafoon in a concession post ?

:facepalm: It's a stretch prediction. I make them from time to time & enjoy it. So, I'm sticking with that Prediction until March. If they give Flacco his payday, then obviously I was wrong

I'll bet £500 (good old british pounds) there won't be a more misleading thread title this calendar year.....I was expecting a rush of heady debate about the future of our franchise, future drafting strategies, Luck's development under Pep, and much much more.....

Instead we * chat about Flacco Time.

Not a pop at the OP.....

I'll bet £500 (good old british pounds) there won't be a more misleading thread title this calendar year.....I was expecting a rush of heady debate about the future of our franchise, future drafting strategies, Luck's development under Pep, and much much more.....

Instead we * chat about Flacco Time.

Not a pop at the OP.....

haha . I thought it was gonna be a breakdown of reasons why we'd Win. Guess we're in the same boat, but I'm Captain Bravehart not you! :lol:

Joe better take down his price because he will not get that much. I read an article the other day about Flacco and salary request for next year and under their methodology he will get about 5 years/75-80 million, and it made complete sense. The playoffs change nothing for Joe. The only three players who are making around 20 million are Brady, Manning, and Brees. Now look what each of those QB's have done for their respective teams and cities, even though Peyton has left. Although Baltimore is better with Flacco the team was still very good before him. He did not elevate the team and the city like the other 3 QB's mentioned. That is why they got the money they did. The next person who will probably get the kind of money the top 3 get will be Rogers, not Flacco.

Here's how Flacco will compare...

Manning two super bowls, one win.

Brees,  one super bowl, one win.

Flacco (if he wins this week) one super bowl one win.   Also,  playoff wins in each of the first four seasons in the league, no small achievement.

That's how Flacco will approach this.   It will add up in his mind to $20 Mill.   Whether that's right or wrong,  but if the Ravens don't give it to him,  some other team likely will.   And that's all that will matter to him, unless the Ravens slap the franchise tag on him which is what I'd expect....

Assuming the Ravens win, his negotiating position is not as weak as some here might think.   It's reasonably strong even if they lose and he plays well.

This will be fascinating to watch from a distance....   glad we don't face anything like it ourselves....

If the Colts win it will be near the end of that 5yr run. Years 3-5 would be the best bet.

As for Flacco. He is not getting that $. I found myself believing Flacco would be a FA next year, earlier in the year. I felt that if Balt didn't lock him up before the season, then they weren't gonna do it. Franchises very rarely let there Qb make it that close to the end of the contract. Now I find out he's asking for $20. Crazy. Eli is getting $15. That's the best Flacco could hope for.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total AccessMonday night that Joe Flacco intends to target more money than Peyton Manning in contract talks with the Ravens.

So you think because Flacco will likely demand a premium QB contract the Colts are guaranteed a SB in 5 years?

Boy......I wish that's how it worked. 

I don't know the stats, but I don't think Flacco was even having that great a year before the playoffs. If I am the Ravens, I am exploring other options, because a guy who essentially only has a deep ball as his primary weapon (which doesn't work most of the time it is thrown contrary to the way it has happened in these playoffs) and is average in every other way is not worth $20 million-- Superbowl win or not.

You have to seriously wonder if there is a screw or two loose in Flacco's head. Everyone is entitled to make as much money as they can, but you still have to be reasonable. And asking for Top 3 money when you are Joe Flacco is certainly not reasonable. This on the heels of his recent comments that he sees himself as the best QB in the NFL make you sort of wonder if he honestly believes what he said and he was not being rhetorical when he said it.

Lol no. I'd drop him and pick up Alex Smith. He signed a contract for. 8m per year this off season. That's a lot less than Flacco. And he's better at the general throws. Flacco excels at throwing the deep ball high enough only his receivers can get it. He is average on other throws. Not worth Annhialating your cap for.Alex smith was on the exact same type of team. He would do better overall work for less. The only difference between them is the deep ball.

Lol no. I'd drop him and pick up Alex Smith. He signed a contract for. 8m per year this off season. That's a lot less than Flacco. And he's better at the general throws. Flacco excels at throwing the deep ball high enough only his receivers can get it. He is average on other throws. Not worth Annhialating your cap for.Alex smith was on the exact same type of team. He would do better overall work for less. The only difference between them is the deep ball.

And the fact that Flacco has a ton more playoff experience, though I don't necessarily think that he is the better quarterback. From a business standpoint, however, I'm sure it would be viewed this way.

Joe Flacco didnt really play that well against the Colts or Denver...

..many of us watched every play of those two games..and he threw some interceptions that were dropped and had some

stretches where he didnt complete anything..

....Baltimore almost has to pay him if they win the Super Bowl..but they arent gong to pony up $20 mil if they dont.

This thread title is so misleading. 

Certainly not my fault. I put up the fact that we have a great QB at a low cost going into the next 4 years. Then I tried to get it back on track with my post #8 which read.....

Guys and girls , you really miss the point. It's not who is better Flaco or Manning. It's the fact that we have a pure stud at QB and his cost is set at 15 mill for the next 3 years and around 12-13 mill in year 4. My original post is wrong as the 5th year of his contract cals for the "transition tag price," If Flacco doesn't get upwards of 20 mill , hes going to get 17-18. What's the difference ?