Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for Denver to install a roof?

ReMeDy

You'd think with a city having record low playoff temperatures, ownership would think, "Hmm, maybe we should do our fans a favor and keep them warm." Do their fans enjoy being cold!? As an Indy fan, maybe I'm just spoiled with indoor heating.

Manning has never won a playoff game in cold weather, so if they're serious about winning, now is the perfect excuse to build one. As for money, well... if Elway is serious about winning some kind of GM award, maybe he can make a small donation... Even our old RCA Dome had a roof.

It takes 2-3 years to build a stadium...by that time Manning may retire.

Nah, it wouldn't be a new stadium. Just install a new roof. How would they do it? No clue, but those architects can do some crazy things and assuming big money is thrown around, someone can make it happen.

Nah, it wouldn't be a new stadium. Just install a new roof. How would they do it? No clue, but those architects can do some crazy things and assuming big money is thrown around, someone can make it happen.

You'd basically have to build a new stadium; the stadium doesn't have the strength to support the extra weight.

You were lied to. How many times did Peyton go deep tonight?

His lack of arm strength was very evident tonight and having the safeties so close to the line of scrimmage nullified the Broncos run game

I haven't been able to watch much Denver this year, but man did he lose it or what?

There were times that he had 5+ seconds to throw and all he did was take a 4 yard crossing route to his underneath guy. Obviously we don't know what's going on downfield, but I can't imagine his guys were covered that long. He may be able to make all the pre-snap adjustments, but throwing 50 yarders is not in his reportoire anymore.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/14484-peyton-cant-play-in-the-cold/

Hmm, seems to me a lot of folks scoffed at the idea of Peyton being a bad cold weather QB.

So which is it, kids? 

I scrolled through that whole thread and didnt see "Patriotic Hawes" avatar once.

Cant take the opinion of the few and place it on an entire fan-base. We're not all blinded by homerism.

I scrolled through that whole thread and didnt see "Patriotic Hawes" avatar once.

Cant take the opinion of the few and place it on an entire fan-base. We're not all blinded by homerism.

I didn't say everyone said it, but pretty much everyone in there disregarded the notion of him being bad in cold weather.

So is he bad in cold weather or not? 

I didn't say everyone said it, but pretty much everyone in there disregarded the notion of him being bad in cold weather.

So is he bad in cold weather or not? 

Without a doubt, not anymore. He just isn't physically capable of playing in the cold at this point in his career. Before 2010, the weather would not have affected him. But in 2010 we saw his age catch up to Peyton and he missed Garcon every time he went deep that year.

He is better than any qb you have ever rooted for in a Houston uni

Lol come on man. Every post you see myself or Vance make you twist it around somehow to make it negative about our quarterback or our team. Get a hobby. What if Schaub wins a SB this year? No, wait, I think I know the excuse: " Well Unitas has way more SB wins!"  It's getting old fast man. We can all get along and criticize other QBs without criticizing each other lol.

Lol come on man. Every post you see myself or Vance make you twist it around somehow to make it negative about our quarterback or our team. Get a hobby. What if Schaub wins a SB this year? No, wait, I think I know the excuse: " Well Unitas has way more SB wins!"  It's getting old fast man. We can all get along and criticize other QBs without criticizing each other lol.

He will finally achieve his goal of being better than Trent Dilfer and move on to his next goal of being the best QB in the division

He will finally achieve his goal of being better than Trent Dilfer and move on to his next goal of being the best QB in the division

And he will be just as good as Manning. Not as good as Brady, but still better than 12 and equal to Manning. You guys won't have anything to say. :thmup:

Lol come on man. Every post you see myself or Vance make you twist it around somehow to make it negative about our quarterback or our team. Get a hobby. What if Schaub wins a SB this year? No, wait, I think I know the excuse: " Well Unitas has way more SB wins!" It's getting old fast man. We can all get along and criticize other QBs without criticizing each other lol.

You will never see me post anything about Johnny u .. I'm an Indianapolis fan

I haven't been able to watch much Denver this year, but man did he lose it or what?

There were times that he had 5+ seconds to throw and all he did was take a 4 yard crossing route to his underneath guy. Obviously we don't know what's going on downfield, but I can't imagine his guys were covered that long. He may be able to make all the pre-snap adjustments, but throwing 50 yarders is not in his reportoire anymore.

The antics at the line of scrimage look ridiculous in light of the poor results. 

Unitas only has 1 SB win.

Time to get John Elway new teeth because he is going to lose some grinding them out because he is mad. :)

As a Colts fan who remembers his brazen refusal to play in Baltimore back in 1983....I find it absolutely delightsome that he gets to marinate in this loss.

Unitas only has 1 SB win.

Uhhhh....check that.

Before the marketing gimmick we know as the Super Bowl.....Unitas won other 2 NFL championships. In fact....his win vs the Giants is largely credited with propelling the NFL into TV relevance and upward towards equal popularity with baseball.

The NFL did manage to function for about 6 decades before Lamar Hunt coined the phrase after the AFL-NFL merger.