Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is a rookie. Playing behind a weak O-line. And you still can't give him credit?

Maniq

Seriously. People, I honestly think it's a big shame how everybody fires at Andrew Luck, when he actually just shows what he is. A rookie! 3 TDs thrown thus far in the Lions game. He has six 300yrd games in 12 games, and a number of come-from-behind-wins, and already broken at least a couple of rookie records.

And you only focus on his bad decisions!? He's a rookie, with a O-line constantly collapsing in front of him, and he's still shown great leadership and huge potential always focusing down field. He's the one quarterback in the league with MOST completed passes thrown more than 20 yards. AS A ROOKIE!

Even if we don't win this game, and Andrew Luck has made some bad decisions. He's still an amazing prospect, who's one of the reason we're in the PO hunt, and I can't wait to see more.

Maybe I'm overreacting, it is a forum, and it is for fans sharing their thoughts.

Perhaps his great plays through the season has highered the bar and expectations, and people tend to expect too much. It actually proves the point. He's not considered a rookie, but our present and future leader.

Maybe I'm overreacting, it is a forum, and it is for fans sharing their thoughts.

Perhaps his great plays through the season has highered the bar and expectations, and people tend to expect too much. It actually proves the point. He's not considered a rookie, but our present and future leader.

I'm pretty sure most true blue Colts fans love Luck. At times he does make bad decisions but he's a rookie and can correct it, the OL doesn't really help him out much but to me he's been sensational. Today is just a small slice of what we have for years to come. It's also incredibly scarey knowing that Luck can get a lot better and the team in general can get MUCH better.

I don't lay it on Luck as much as Arians offense. Luck is asked too often to push the ball down the field behind a questionable offense line with little for checkdowns. I really think they should play to his strengths and have some shorter passes. I feel like we are the 1968 Raiders with Daryl Lamonica.

we all like luck we just want him to cut down on the turnovers on the road. If he can throw one int or less with poor line at home he should be able to do it on the road. I wont excuse bad play. That being said the fact luck found a way to win after throwing three ints is impressive

I don't understand how anyone can complain about him, if you miss Manning or not. This kid is the future of the league, look at him. He's taken a 2-14 team and they have won 8 games so far. He reminds me a LOT of a young Favre, and sometimes I see glimpses of Warren Moon in him. if he's this good in just his first year, imagine down the road in 3 years. He's going to win a Super Bowl, book it.

I love this kid, and I've done nothing but give him credit. :thmup: I'm not even a Colts fan, but I don't get how you cannot like Luck. The kid is irresistible.

yep agree. I saw that the first time I saw him.

It didn't take today's game to say so.

Right now he's the best "running forward to pass with a defender hanging on his shirt" QB there is :)

I'm tellin' ya that's a play killer.

He may have shaes of Farve. Plays + Ints. We'll see :)

I don't understand how anyone can complain about him, if you miss Manning or not. This kid is the future of the league, look at him. He's taken a 2-14 team and they have won 8 games so far. He reminds me a LOT of a young Favre, and sometimes I see glimpses of Warren Moon in him. if he's this good in just his first year, imagine down the road in 3 years. He's going to win a Super Bowl, book it.

Ah like minds. I just mentioned Farve before I saw your post.

While I saw Moon play a lot my memory escapes his style. Although he could throw deep.

yep agree. I saw that the first time I saw him.

It didn't take today's game to say so.

Right now he's the best "running forward to pass with a defender hanging on his shirt" QB there is :)

I'm tellin' ya that's a play killer.

Favre may have threw a lot of INT's in the end, but I remember his prime, when he used to use his legs. That's where he reminds me of Favre, Luck is doing things when the play is broken up, that's probably the best thing Favre did in the 90's, when the play was broken up, he could avoid a sack long enough to toss out a pass. I loved watching Favre for years, the main reason I started to like football as much as I do now, so to see Luck playing like him, it's a breath of fresh air.

As for Moon, he could scramble a bit in his prime, but as far as deep ball goes, I'd argue he threw possibly the most beautiful bombs.

A 8 -4 record is impressive for a rookie QB especially if you consider the circumstances! A team that finished 2-14 the year before, lost their franchise quaterback and several other veterans, playing with a lot of rookies and "fill in" players. Behind a terrible Offensive line, with no running game and sometime questionable play calling and a Defense that can't force turnovers. He sometimes makes terrible decisions but you can't expect him to carry the whole team without any mistakes especially if everyone knows he is going to throw and you are under pressure every time. I'm proud he is a Colt and this win was - I know you probably can't hear it anymore - a lot like the last years under another great QB. Love our future with this team...

Have to admit it. After the picks I was having doubts, the receivers looked open on multiple passes and were over thrown. His accuracy at times looks off then other times I`m wondering how the heck he made that throw. Will never question his heart and determination though and his ability to keep a play going, cant teach that. The sky is the limit for this kid

Favre may have threw a lot of INT's in the end, but I remember his prime, when he used to use his legs. That's where he reminds me of Favre, Luck is doing things when the play is broken up, that's probably the best thing Favre did in the 90's, when the play was broken up, he could avoid a sack long enough to toss out a pass. I loved watching Favre for years, the main reason I started to like football as much as I do now, so to see Luck playing like him, it's a breath of fresh air.

As for Moon, he could scramble a bit in his prime, but as far as deep ball goes, I'd argue he threw possibly the most beautiful bombs.

Yeah I see that with that short fwd pass on the run when in trouble...more like Farve's shuffle passes....

Problem with Farve he'd been around so long I forget his youth :)

When I was a teenager I LOVED Favre as you already know. He was the man in his prime and so many forget this. This might be why I get so darn giddy watching Andrew. I see some old school QB in him.......some Harbaugh moxie too and shades of 1995.

I can handle him being compared to Favre and Moon thank you very much. :):rock:

He actually doesn't remind me much of Peyton/Brady/Rodgers who everyone wants to compare him too.

And lets face it, I love Aaron but he is not a comeback QB either. And he is too athletic and rugged at times to remind me of Brady/Manning too.

OMG all this old school QB talk......I love it. :thmup:

And like Favre I feel like I just have so much darn fun watching Luck.

Yeah I see that with that short fwd pass on the run when in trouble...more like Farve's shuffle passes....

Problem with Farve he'd been around so long I forget his youth :)

Yeah ain't that the truth. lmao

People think so much of late Favre they forgot he once didn't have grey hair.

Yeah unless a lot of these picks go away with experience and better o line play. But, I think Luck is gonna take more chances at times then people want.

Oh yeah I am out of likes. Gotta come back later and like some posts. :)

Seriously. People, I honestly think it's a big shame how everybody fires at Andrew Luck, when he actually just shows what he is. A rookie! 3 TDs thrown thus far in the Lions game. He has six 300yrd games in 12 games, and a number of come-from-behind-wins, and already broken at least a couple of rookie records.

And you only focus on his bad decisions!? He's a rookie, with a O-line constantly collapsing in front of him, and he's still shown great leadership and huge potential always focusing down field. He's the one quarterback in the league with MOST completed passes thrown more than 20 yards. AS A ROOKIE!

Even if we don't win this game, and Andrew Luck has made some bad decisions. He's still an amazing prospect, who's one of the reason we're in the PO hunt, and I can't wait to see more.

What gets me about Luck is he'll throw a INT and everybody calls it a rookie mistake. But even Peyton and many other QB's who been around a longtime do it. This kid is incredible and will win super bowls.

What gets me about Luck is he'll throw a INT and everybody calls it a rookie mistake. But even Peyton and many other QB's who been around a longtime do it. This kid is incredible and will win super bowls.

Exactly! Some of them are due to dump offs, some of lack of communication between the receiver and en quarterback. Some just a misread from the the QB, and that's what happens in the NFL!

The most intriguing thing about Luck is his ability to rise again, and in the game against Detroit, I actually thought he'd lose some confidence due to his 3 INT's and wouldn't be able to rise with confidence. And boy, did he prove a point!

The only place he has to become better is in his completion average. This is due to the play calling and not a lot of quick routes. And I gotta admit, still in this learning phase, where he's trying to go for the big play, he often succeed with them. And that is scary.

Exactly! Some of them are due to dump offs, some of lack of communication between the receiver and en quarterback. Some just a misread from the the QB, and that's what happens in the NFL!

The most intriguing thing about Luck is his ability to rise again, and in the game against Detroit, I actually thought he'd lose some confidence due to his 3 INT's and wouldn't be able to rise with confidence. And boy, did he prove a point!

The only place he has to become better is in his completion average. This is due to the play calling and not a lot of quick routes. And I gotta admit, still in this learning phase, where he's trying to go for the big play, he often succeed with them. And that is scary.

I totally agree!