Colts Vs. Dolphins Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck is great at extending plays and getting the ball out. I just hope he doesn't get killed like Ben Rothlisberger does

Correction how Ben used to. Since Arians left Ben is quite safe and having a phenomenal season. Ben had to keep improvising to make plays just like luck is now... Hmm seems to be a connection on this problem...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Out of the bottom half of the NFL finally.  Now that decent on-paper passing game assets are on the roster, it might break the Top 10 for for first time since Ballard got here if they can perform as expected.
    • I was laughed at when I suggested he would get that much.
    • Depends on who else on the team gets paid what.  $25m for a productive WR, which is a position that produces touchdowns,  doesn't seem unreasonable. 
    • I don't think TY is a relevant factor. He's older, has obviously slowed down, has been hurt three years in a row, and seems to be unsure about where he wants to be and what he wants to do. And I think Ballard has been clear that they'd rather draft and develop their own, presumably to keep them long term, than pay the market rate premium for a FA (and I think that makes sense, as long as you actually hit on your picks).   As for the Titans, they didn't trade Brown just because of the money. Brown was threatening to hold out, and was demanding a top of market contract. Since the end of the 2021 season, a half dozen other WR contracts have solidified this market. Christian Kirk got $18m/year, with a much lower profile than any of these guys. The money was a big part of it, but I think the hardball negotiation really pushed the Titans to turn the page.   But that's an interesting alternative. They traded AJ Brown for a first and a third (#18 + #101), and drafted WR Treylon Burks with the 18th pick. (Burks isn't looking good for them so far, he has significant conditioning issues and training camp hasn't even started yet.) AJ Brown also had some really nice tape in his first two years, showed the potential to be a much more dynamic player than he did in 2021, so maybe his trade value is higher than MPJ's would be.   But if you could flip MPJ for a mid first round pick in 2023, and presumably use that pick on a new WR to take his place, would that be a good plan of action? Less expensive, yes. Better for team building? Not sure about that.
    • I hope MPJ kills it for Indy, but man that's a lot of money. Yes, the cap is going up annually, but man that's a lot of cash. That said, I hope the Colts keep him. He seems to be everything they are looking for in a WR, and Lord knows we need all the help we can get.    Didn't Tennessee let Brown go because they didn't want to pay all that money?    Also, not saying that TY is/isn't worth it, but he didn't get re-signed this year (assuming it was money related) even though Ballard said he thinks TY can still play. So it def makes you wonder how Ballard feels about paying up for WR's, esp since they didn't sign any FA's this year.     
  • Members

• Stephen

Stephen 2,685

• DougDew

DougDew 4,812

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,558

• twfish

twfish 1,448