Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts own the 6th seed in the AFC [Merge]

Golfr

Yeah I always think the Broncos will fumble or drop a pass. They might get better on that but the fumbles seem consistent.

True dat. Then, I see the Giants fumbling 3 times in the SB and recovering all of them with no damage. Eli is a lucky guy, I have always wondered.

Eli is the only one in the NFC with the luck to match Brady's luck in the AFC that I have known. Remember, during the 16-0 Brady season, how we Colts fans wanted the Pats to lose a game. Then, a tipped pass of Brady would fall in the middle of nowhere, a 4th & 1 stop by the Ravens would be nullified by a timeout from their coach, a missed tackle on a 4th or critical 3rd down vs the Pats, yada, yada, yada etc. and we were talking about how Brady had to be the luckiest guy ever. Then came Eli. He pulled a Houdini with that pass to Tyree, with the catch being just as remarkable as the pass itself. That is when Eli and the Giants' taking advantage of their luck happened. That one game changed everything in the Brady lucky world, much to the happiness of us Colts fans!!! :)

You do wonder if some guys have all the luck, like Rod Stewart sang!!!

But the key thing in the playoffs between equally matched teams is coaching, from Walsh to Belichick to Coughlin, I am a firm believer in that!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad we have a team with only ONE loss ahead of us in the South right now. :bored: Fall apart Houston, fall apart. :)

On the other hand, we could concede the South to the texans and hope they beat every afc team (except us) and help us get a wild card. But if the texans started losing for some reason, then yeah I want the division. It's never too early for a team to have some success. Would we lose in the first round? Probably, but it would give our young players invaluable experience.

True dat. Then, I see the Giants fumbling 3 times in the SB and recovering all of them with no damage. Eli is a lucky guy, I have always wondered.

Eli is the only one in the NFC with the luck to match Brady's luck in the AFC that I have known. Remember, during the 16-0 Brady season, how we Colts fans wanted the Pats to lose a game. Then, a tipped pass of Brady would fall in the middle of nowhere, a 4th & 1 stop by the Ravens would be nullified by a timeout from their coach, a missed tackle on a 4th or critical 3rd down vs the Pats, yada, yada, yada etc. and we were talking about how Brady had to be the luckiest guy ever. Then came Eli. He pulled a Houdini with that pass to Tyree, with the catch being just as remarkable as the pass itself. That is when Eli and the Giants' taking advantage of their luck happened. That one game changed everything in the Brady lucky world, much to the happiness of us Colts fans!!! :)

You do wonder if some guys have all the luck, like Rod Stewart sang!!!

But the key thing in the playoffs between equally matched teams is coaching, from Walsh to Belichick to Coughlin, I am a firm believer in that!!!

Thats why we had to go get a guy named Luck. We needed more of it. lmao

Broncos D actually looks better then I thought it would. I thought they have been garbage vs. NE the last few years but overall they are better then I thought they were.The Saints kinda suck this year but holding Brees like that is not easy at all and I thought he might lay 30 on them tonight in a shootout.

The Pats have been a bit odd this year too. They lost 3 games very very close. I am not sure what to think of this Pats team just yet either but I know better with them too. :Gaah:

In reality though sometimes lately I do wonder if this is Matt Ryans time/year. Gotta give the kid some credit. I kinda hope now he doesn't crash and burn in the playoffs though. I would feel bad if he did.

On the other hand, we could concede the South to the texans and hope they beat every afc team (except us) and help us get a wild card. But if the texans started losing for some reason, then yeah I want the division. It's never too early for a team to have some success. Would we lose in the first round? Probably, but it would give our young players invaluable experience.

Oh yeah, you take the playoff spot for experience if it happens and even if we get walloped. Besides, Pagano would be thrilled if we made it. On the flip side there is always the potential to have a Cinderella ride a la 1995 too.

The Pats have been a bit odd this year too. They lost 3 games very very close. I am not sure what to think of this Pats team just yet either but I know better with them too.

This. I'm not sure what to think either. One week they struggle against the Jets (honestly, that game was more lost by the Jets than won by the Pats), the next week they blow out an other team by some 40+ pts. So I can imagine them winning out the rest of their schedules as much as them dropping a few games against the Jets, Texans, Niners, maybe even Miami.

The Texans are more consistent, but I believe they're plaing their top game right now. They won't be better than this as the season goes by, so, as well as they can walk into the SB, as well they might loose their divisional game at home, even seeded as #1.

The Denver is still a question. They had the toughest schedule so far, and the weakest schedule remaining. They lost to the Texans and the Pats, but all teams loose to some teams, so by the time of the playoffs, it won't matter much. And they seem to gel more and more as the season goes by. So, who knows. If it's not the Colts, of course I'd like them to get to the SB, because of Peyton. :)

As for the North, I think the Steelers are just above average. And despite their 5-2 record, the Ravens are too. Not just because injuries. Their defense is not what it was a year ago since the season start, and I don't belive that that Flacco lead offense could compensate that.

This. I'm not sure what to think either. One week they struggle against the Jets (honestly, that game was more lost by the Jets than won by the Pats), the next week they blow out an other team by some 40+ pts. So I can imagine them winning out the rest of their schedules as much as them dropping a few games against the Jets, Texans, Niners, maybe even Miami.

The Texans are more consistent, but I believe they're plaing their top game right now. They won't be better than this as the season goes by, so, as well as they can walk into the SB, as well they might loose their divisional game at home, even seeded as #1.

The Denver is still a question. They had the toughest schedule so far, and the weakest schedule remaining. They lost to the Texans and the Pats, but all teams loose to some teams, so by the time of the playoffs, it won't matter much. And they seem to gel more and more as the season goes by. So, who knows. If it's not the Colts, of course I'd like them to get to the SB, because of Peyton. :)

As for the North, I think the Steelers are just above average. And despite their 5-2 record, the Ravens are too. Not just because injuries. Their defense is not what it was a year ago since the season start, and I don't belive that that Flacco lead offense could compensate that.

Agreed.

Good post.

On the flip side there is always the potential to have a Cinderella ride a la 1995 too.

Yeah, that was a magical ride for sure. We caught lightning in a bottle that year, and everything came together. Except for the afc championship. I still say we would have beat the Cowboys that year. Anything is possible in today's NFL, and that's why I love it. Those who are hoping we DON'T make the playoffs are "confused" (to be nice). YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 29, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 29, 2012 - personal argument

Dude, go play in traffic.

I think you better check yourself son. I've been here since the beginning. Don't come into my house and start talking junk. Were you kicked out of your message board? Is that why you've become a closet colts fan? Listen, I have no problem with other fans coming here, but when you take up residence and act like I should bow down to you, then I draw the line. Plus, you have to wonder why someone spends so much time on another team's message board. Daddy issues?

I think you better check yourself son. I've been here since the beginning. Don't come into my house and start talking junk. Were you kicked out of your message board? Is that why you've become a closet colts fan? Listen, I have no problem with other fans coming here, but when you take up residence and act like I should bow down to you, then I draw the line. Plus, you have to wonder why someone spends so much time on another team's message board. Daddy issues?

Are you drunk, dude? You must be drunk. See, I'd love to destroy you verbally and mentally at this point, but it's a shame we have to follow strict guidelines here, so I'll be nice and just report this post to the proper people. I know it's kind of cheap, and certainly not what I'd like to do, but it's the rules, rules obviously you've chosen to disobey, and honestly I wish they'd give me permission to annihilate you but of course they won't.

It's sad, really.

Are you drunk, dude? You must be drunk. See, I'd love to destroy you verbally and mentally at this point, but it's a shame we have to follow strict guidelines here, so I'll be nice and just report this post to the proper people. I know it's kind of cheap, and certainly not what I'd like to do, but it's the rules, rules obviously you've chosen to disobey, and honestly I wish they'd give me permission to annihilate you but of course they won't.

It's sad, really.

That's fine, I stayed within the rules too. Just put me on ignore and I'll do the same.

That's fine, I stayed within the rules too. Just put me on ignore and I'll do the same.

I'm not putting you on ignore. You're funny, I just imagine you saying everything with a big red nose and clown shoes.

No need to. We are cool. Just want us all to relax at times. :grouphug:

Guys lets all get along. Vance is a Texans fan but is still a human being. I know it's tough to grasp though but Texans fans are people too. (I think)

And if we all get bored we can start another Luck/RG3 thread.

But I guess "play in traffic" is cool. Anyway, yeah, he's human but he's on a colts forum and should show some humility. I expect to get my butt beat down if I go to another team's board and talk junk. He doesn't get it. Just because he has over 1,000 posts means nothing. Under one name or another, I've been here forever. I would never go onto another team's message board and talk junk to a long time member even if I thought they were wrong. But I guess I'm old school.

I'm not putting you on ignore. You're funny, I just imagine you saying everything with a big red nose and clown shoes.

By saying that, you're the one wearing clown shoes. I was gonna leave it alone, But you won't. You believe in insults. So much for reporting me.

But I guess "play in traffic" is cool. Anyway, yeah, he's human but he's on a colts forum and should show some humility. I expect to get my butt beat down if I go to another team's board and talk junk. He doesn't get it. Just because he has over 1,000 posts means nothing. Under one name or another, I've been here forever. I would never go onto another team's message board and talk junk to a long time member even if I thought they were wrong. But I guess I'm old school.

Dude are you on bath salts? Who was I talking junk to? All you did was quote me randomly and tell me to get lost, on a post talking about the Texans and the Broncos in the playoffs. Keep juggling those pins, you're hilarious.

Dude are you on bath salts? Who was I talking junk to? All you did was quote me randomly and tell me to get lost, on a post talking about the Texans and the Broncos in the playoffs. Keep juggling those pins, you're hilarious.

You're the one who made a big deal of it to begin with. If I was on a rival's message board and someone gently told me to take a certain topic elsewhere, I'd ignore it. I have thick skin. You chose to defend "your honor" or some junk. Just ignore it, that's all.

You're the one who made a big deal of it to begin with. If I was on a rival's message board and someone gently told me to take a certain topic elsewhere, I'd ignore it. I have thick skin. You chose to defend "your honor" or some junk. Just ignore it, that's all.

Oh, but your wittle feelings get hurt when someone talks back to you? Didn't you learn in grade school, don't dish it out if you can't take it? You're so brave, coming after somebody and expecting to get away with it because it's on your team's site. Do you also hit children? Do you kick dogs? What a joke.

Oh, but your wittle feelings get hurt when someone talks back to you? Didn't you learn in grade school, don't dish it out if you can't take it? You're so brave, coming after somebody and expecting to get away with it because it's on your team's site. Do you also hit children? Do you kick dogs? What a joke.

Wow. I thought this was done. Hope you feel good to get the last word.(you're on ignore now, don't bother responding on my behalf) You just showed what kind of person you really are. I never mentioned any of those nasty things in reference to you. Wow.

No he should relax too. Vance, relax.

BTW I have no issues with your or Vance. I think I am just failing at an attempt to bring peace. Sigh.

Colts.....6th seed now? Miami?

i was attempting to match your lame insult

So you're saying Peyton Manning isn't an average QB in the playoffs? It's not an insult, its reality. I'll give you a chance to spin the stats and come up with lame arguments about his defense letting him down while I wait.

So you're saying Peyton Manning isn't an average QB in the playoffs? It's not an insult, its reality. I'll give you a chance to spin the stats and come up with lame arguments about his defense letting him down while I wait.

oh christ get a life. i actually think their qb playoff rating is about the same. i actually like brady, but i'm not going to argue about a subject that has been argued to death.

oh christ get a life. i actually think qb playoff rating is about the same. i actually like brady, but i'm not going to argue about a subject that has been argued to death.

I'm not insulting Manning, I think he is a great QB in the regular season but becomes average in the post season. Not because of his stats but because he never made plays when he needed to. They do have nearly identical qb rating. Unfortunately its archaic and doesn't take into account GW drives, crucial 3rd down conversions etc.

imo Manning was at his best in the '06 post season. He made plays when it mattered. That AFCCG, in the 2nd half he was on an entirely different level.

I'm not insulting Manning, I think he is a great QB in the regular season but becomes average in the post season. Not because of his stats but because he never made plays when he needed to. They do have nearly identical qb rating. Unfortunately its archaic and doesn't take into account GW drives, crucial 3rd down conversions etc.

imo Manning was at his best in the '06 post season. He made plays when it mattered. That AFCCG, in the 2nd half he was on an entirely different level.

sorry, but that is just not true. and 06 was not his best post season.

you're correct manning has a 88.4 rating and brady has a 87.8....and i never used the word identical...i said about the same which they clearly do.

Yeah, that was a magical ride for sure. We caught lightning in a bottle that year, and everything came together. Except for the afc championship. I still say we would have beat the Cowboys that year. Anything is possible in today's NFL, and that's why I love it. Those who are hoping we DON'T make the playoffs are "confused" (to be nice). YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Congrats to Herm Edwards on 10 years to the day since his famous sound bite. :) To bad it worked and they 7-2 from there out and trounced our Colts 41-0 in the first playoff game.

I think Steelers climb back into it, and we have to duel Miami for the last spot. Miami has the edge, IMHO. But then, I thought we'd only get 5 wins this year. Could still happen, but getting more is looking quite promising at the moment.

how many Superbowls has Brady won since spygate?

Wouldn't it be great for the Colts after such an abysmal season last year? But I'm still not buying it yet. We still have to make it through the rest of the AFC East and 2 games against Houston, not to mention the Lions and a rematch against the Titans, who I am sure will be looking to avange last Sunday. The only "gimme" is KC, but in the NFL there is no such think as "gimme".