Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts own the 6th seed in the AFC [Merge]

Golfr

True, but the key word is, they won't be losing much. I don't foresee Denver losing any more games, what with facing teams like Oakland, Kansas City x2, San Diego, Cleveland, etc....the only team that could stay with them is Baltimore and we all know how badly Peyton has owned them when he was here. Pats play the Texans later this year so that right there is a loss for one of them.

For the WC, I really don't see any of the other 3-4 teams making much of a push. Cinci, Buffalo, Oakland, SD......lol at their prospects. Our head-to-head with Miami might be the difference, but they appear to have a slightly harder schedule.

The Pats might not lose again either. Really the only two games on their schedule that they might have to worry about are the Texans and 49ers and both of those are at home. Other than that their schedule is pretty soft as well. As for the Texans they can take a loss or two down the road and still get homefield over the Broncos even if they win out because they own the tie breaker over the Broncos.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats might not lose again either. Really the only two games on their schedule that they might have to worry about are the Texans and 49ers and both of those are at home. Other than that their schedule is pretty soft as well. As for the Texans they can take a loss or two down the road and still get homefield over the Broncos even if they win out because they own the tie breaker over the Broncos.

You're forgetting one thing; both those teams have guaranteed losses against a familiar foe.....in the Texans case two guaranteed losses. :)

You're forgetting one thing; both those teams have guaranteed losses against a familiar foe.....in the Texans case two guaranteed losses. :)

That only matters if you go to the next tie breaker which they wouldn't since the Texans and Pats beat the Broncos head-to-head they already own the tie breaker with the Broncos. So in order for the Broncos to get a bye over the Texans or the Pats they have to finish with a better record than them. Even if the Broncos win out that might not be enough to do that because the Pats could win out as well and the Texans could still lose that game to the Pats and if they win out otherwise they will still finish a game ahead of both the Pats and Broncos.

That only matters if you go to the next tie breaker which they wouldn't since the Texans and Pats beat the Broncos head-to-head they already own the tie breaker with the Broncos. So in order for the Broncos to get a bye over the Texans or the Pats they have to finish with a better record than them. Even if the Broncos win out that might not be enough to do that because the Pats could win out as well and the Texans could still lose that game to the Pats and if they win out otherwise they will still finish a game ahead of both the Pats and Broncos.

Pats play the Texans in game 14 at home on MNF and follow that physical game vs a home game vs SF at home (might be on SNF, not sure). I do not see the Pats winning both those games. So, if the Broncos win out and the Pats lose a 4th or 5th game in that stretch, it is very likely the playoff seedings could be affected. We will find out after the bye week what kind of Ravens team will show up and if their D has a pulse after losing Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb.

As far as the Colts, the Miami game will be a possible 6th seed determination game, IMO.

Pats play the Texans in game 14 at home on MNF and follow that physical game vs a home game vs SF at home (might be on SNF, not sure). I do not see the Pats winning both those games. So, if the Broncos win out and the Pats lose a 4th or 5th game in that stretch, it is very likely the playoff seedings could be affected. We will find out after the bye week what kind of Ravens team will show up and if their D has a pulse after losing Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb.

As far as the Colts, the Miami game will be a possible 6th seed determination game, IMO.

It's not impossible to think the Pats can beat both of those teams in back-to-back weeks at home. We've seen them do it before. I am not saying it's a lock that the Pats will win both those games at all. I am just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. There are still nine games to play a lot can and IS going to happen between here and then.

Too bad we have a team with only ONE loss ahead of us in the South right now. :bored: Fall apart Houston, fall apart. :)

But, one game at a time folks. MIAMI!!!!!!

Colts Dolphins should be an interesting game. The two Texas rookies squaring off for crucial AFC spots. Looking forward to it. As far as Houston falling apart...I wouldn't bet on it. :P ;)

It's not impossible to think the Pats can beat both of those teams in back-to-back weeks at home. We've seen them do it before. I am not saying it's a lock that the Pats will win both those games at all. I am just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. There are still nine games to play a lot can and IS going to happen between here and then.

For some reason, I want someone other than the Pats representing the AFC in the SB. :) You can understand that.

Brady has reached his SB either as a #1 or #2 seed, never as a lower seed, neither he nor Peyton have won more than 1 road game in the AFC playoffs. Hence the deep urge for Brady to get a #3 seeding or lower. :) :)

Colts Dolphins should be an interesting game. The two Texas rookies squaring off for crucial AFC spots. Looking forward to it. As far as Houston falling apart...I wouldn't bet on it. :P ;)

Hey, didn't we all say in the offseason "That Colts/Dolphins game is gonna be freaking huge." :monkeydance:

Yep.....you never know. I am also looking forward to it but it will be tough.

Hey, didn't we all say in the offseason "That Colts/Dolphins game is gonna be freaking huge." :monkeydance:

Yep.....you never know. I am also looking forward to it but it will be tough.

I know right? This season has just been insane...the Jaguars played surprisingly well today too, it seems that Spikegate is coming up, I think Goodell slipped something in the teams' Gatorade... haha

For some reason, I want someone other than the Pats representing the AFC in the SB. :) You can understand that.

Brady has reached his SB either as a #1 or #2 seed, never as a lower seed, neither he nor Peyton have won more than 1 road game in the AFC playoffs. Hence the deep urge for Brady to get a #3 seeding or lower. :) :)

I don't want the Pats in the Super Bowl either but I am going to be honest about what can happen. What can happen isn't what I WANT to happen.

We have a stretch where we go @Tenn, @Det, @NE. It's hard to imagine us winning all 3.

We have a stretch where we go @Tenn, @Det, @NE. It's hard to imagine us winning all 3.

you don't have to you just have to win one of the three to beat the Broncos in a tie break even if the Broncos win out.

Like I also said in that post with nine weeks to go a lot can and is going to happen. Frankly I see the Broncos, Pats, and Texans ALL losing at least one more before the season is over.

If history repeats itself (we know it does) Huoston will fall apart.

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif

You never know with the injuries to the Pats' secondary.

When the Packers had road games at Houston and St.Louis, the Texans and Rams had given up the least points to QBs and WRs. Then, look what happened. It is all about preparation and if your strengths that day can line up well against their weakness. The Texans need to get their passing game going. Unfortunately, for the Texans, the Pats stop the run better than the Broncos and are a more difficult matchup. Pats would prefer to play the Texans in the playoffs over the Broncos because of that.

I know right? This season has just been insane...the Jaguars played surprisingly well today too, it seems that Spikegate is coming up, I think Goodell slipped something in the teams' Gatorade... haha

I have to watch that sometime this week. What the heck is with Green Bay at times this year. I do think they have a lot of injuries right now though but I swear any underdog can hang around this year no matter what, so people acting like seedings are SET......they are not. So called easy games can be the trap games too. I mean also raise your hand if you thought Chicago might have an easy win over Carolina too for example?

I know one thing, we lose to the Dolphins then this forum is full of panic threads 24/7 again and how overrated Luck is and how crappy the playcalling is and the run D and how Irsay sucks.

I am still enjoying just being underdogs since after this year you can believe we won't be getting as many passes anymore.

However, I won't lie and this has crossed my mind lately. I know the league would go absolutely insane for Colts at Broncos in the WC round. Insane is not even the right word. It would make Rodgers/Favre look like kindergarten in terms of hype. It would make Tebow jealous in terms of hype.

If history repeats itself (we know it does) Huoston will fall apart.

It sure didn't repeat itself last year, unless we're talking about losing players. Last I remembered Houston was a game away from the AFC Championship Game...but I digress. Let's get back on topic, no need to close another thread lmao.

I have to watch that sometime this week. What the heck is with Green Bay at times this year. I do think they have a lot of injuries right now though but I swear any underdog can hang around this year no matter what, so people acting like seedings are SET......they are not. So called easy games can be the trap games too. I mean also raise your hand if you thought Chicago might have an easy win over Carolina too for example?

I know one thing, we lose to the Dolphins then this forum is full of panic threads 24/7 again and how overrated Luck is and how crappy the playcalling is and the run D and how Irsay sucks.

I am still enjoying just being underdogs since after this year you can believe we won't be getting as many passes anymore.

However, I won't lie and this has crossed my mind lately. I know the league would go absolutely insane for Colts at Broncos in the WC round. Insane is not even the right word. It would make Rodgers/Favre look like kindergarten in terms of hype. It would make Tebow jealous in terms of hype.

Hahahaha heck Tebow started all of this. He made Denver relevant again, which was an attractable team for Manning (more than Tennessee anyway, I would presume) and now the playoff talks start. Lol you're right about this forum though...unless Miami blows you guys out of the water. Then maybe the criticism will be warranted but if it's a close game then it just shouldn't be necessary. Carolina definitely surprised today too.

you don't have to you just have to win one of the three to beat the Broncos in a tie break even if the Broncos win out.

Like I also said in that post with nine weeks to go a lot can and is going to happen. Frankly I see the Broncos, Pats, and Texans ALL losing at least one more before the season is over.

They will. And the team to keep an eye on is whatever transpires in the AFC North. Chad mentioned we have to see how Baltimore rebounds. Big big question mark in the AFC right now. Cause if they DON'T then Pittsburgh is gonna say "Yeah thanks we'll take the AFC North see ya later." And the Steelers/Ravens have not even played each other yet. And I kinda think Ravens are gonna fall right now TBH. Tough to say but if we are looking at shootouts here I will still take Ben over Flacco if the Ravens D falters.

So in reality our best bet is also one of the North teams to fall apart opening TWO WC spots.

Cause San Diego is doing a good job right now of imploding.

Hahahaha heck Tebow started all of this. He made Denver relevant again, which was an attractable team for Manning (more than Tennessee anyway, I would presume) and now the playoff talks start. Lol you're right about this forum though...unless Miami blows you guys out of the water. Then maybe the criticism will be warranted but if it's a close game then it just shouldn't be necessary. Carolina definitely surprised today too.

Oh yeah, Tebow made Denver look attractive.

And it WOULD seem fitting if Denver meets up with either the Colts or Jets but it's tough to tell right now and too far away.

Of course this Dolphins game is big. Putting together a 3 game winning streak is not easy for a rebuilding team with a rookie QB. It's in Indy so I have faith but it will be a challenge. Miami looks solid and honestly should have probably beaten the Jets in their first meeting this year.

Oh yeah, Tebow made Denver look attractive.

And it WOULD seem fitting if Denver meets up with either the Colts or Jets but it's tough to tell right now and too far away.

Of course this Dolphins game is big. Putting together a 3 game winning streak is not easy for a rebuilding team with a rookie QB. It's in Indy so I have faith but it will be a challenge. Miami looks solid and honestly should have probably beaten the Jets in their first meeting this year.

I don't think anybody has to worry about the Jets making the playoffs this year...or next year, as Big Rex is probably gonna be gone. It'd be the Mini Super Bowl if the Colts got into the playoffs and faced Manning and the Broncos in the first round. That would blow so many people's minds and both Bronco and Colt forums would crash lol. " Mannigeddon, possibly coming to a stadium near you." :thmup:

Houston and NE are the two games left which will probably keep me from sleeping well. We lose those two games and we are at 5 losses if you add them on to our current 3 losses. And can only afford what one more? Two at the most? Lions don't worry me as much since well they stink and second they tend to lose on TG a lot in recent years but that is no gimmie either.

The margin of error is not very large folks. Just a few weeks ago we got smashed and dashes by the Jets of all teams.

The team sitting pretty is of course Houston. :bored: One loss to just an NFC squad.

Houston and NE are the two games left which will probably keep me from sleeping well. We lose those two games and we are at 5 losses if you add them on two our current 3 losses. And can only afford what one more? Two at the most? Lions don't worry me as much since well they stink and second they tend to lose on TG a lot in recent years but that is no gimmie either.

The margin of error is not very large folks. Just a few weeks ago we got smashed and dashes by the Jets of all teams.

The team sitting pretty is of course Houston. :bored: One loss to just an NFC squad.

What is funny is the 3 top AFC teams Texans, Ravens and Pats all have 1 loss to an NFC team. If you include the Broncos, that makes 4.

The Pats have 2 losses to NFC West teams, so they took it out on the poor Rams and Jeff Fisher today!!! :) They do have 1 more NFC West showdown with the 49ers coming up later.

You never know with the injuries to the Pats' secondary.

When the Packers had road games at Houston and St.Louis, the Texans and Rams had given up the least points to QBs and WRs. Then, look what happened. It is all about preparation and if your strengths that day can line up well against their weakness. The Texans need to get their passing game going. Unfortunately, for the Texans, the Pats stop the run better than the Broncos and are a more difficult matchup. Pats would prefer to play the Texans in the playoffs over the Broncos because of that.

I know you are looking at this from the Pats defensive standpoint but their offense seems to hardcore own the Broncos going back to last season.And in this years meeting they didn't have Hernandez. The Broncos only really "good" team I think they have beaten this year and last year is Pittsburgh too.

The AFC is still pretty weak overall. We are sitting here talking about the Colts/Dolphins making the playoffs. Enough said.

And if you are a Texans fan you can hold onto this for hope. Since 2006 the host of the AFC title game has advanced to the Super Bowl.

What is funny is the 3 top AFC teams Texans, Ravens and Pats all have 1 loss to an NFC team. If you include the Broncos, that makes 4.

The Pats have 2 losses to NFC West teams, so they took it out on the poor Rams and Jeff Fisher today!!! :)They do have 1 more NFC West showdown with the 49ers coming up later.

I don't even feel the Niners may be as dominant as last season. They are GOOD don't get me wrong but they seem much easier to run on this year and Alex Smith can go into ultra suck mode at any time.

I think right now NE beats the Niners since they usually don't lose to NFC teams in the regular season at all under Brady/BB, so losing to 3 in one season seems almost like being on another planet and especially two at home.

And if you are a Texans fan you can hold onto this for hope. Since 2006 the host of the AFC title game has advanced to the Super Bowl.

At the same time, between 2004 and 2010, the No.1 seed in the AFC has not gone on to the SB. The Pats were the last in 2003, they were the next to do so as well in 2011. If anyone but the Pats have the No.1 seed, their homefield is not as great, that is what it means.

I don't even feel the Niners may be as dominant as last season. They are GOOD don't get me wrong but they seem much easier to run on this year and Alex Smith can go into ultra suck mode at any time.

I think right now NE beats the Niners since they usually don't lose to NFC teams in the regular season at all under Brady/BB, so losing to 3 in one season seems almost like being on another planet and especially two at home.

You want me to believe in the "Pats making the SB", and I am trying hard to not buy into that. Cant you tell that is what is happening? :)

Somebody, somebody, make sure the Pats get the #3 or #4 seeding, please!!!

I know you are looking at this from the Pats defensive standpoint but their offense seems to hardcore own the Broncos going back to last season.And in this years meeting they didn't have Hernandez. The Broncos only really "good" team I think they have beaten this year and last year is Pittsburgh too.

The Broncos are like that team that makes that critical mistake that a solid team like the Pats or Texans take advantage of, that is the best level they seem to get to now. One theory says that when they gel, their schedule gets easier.

Their players have to show they can play mistake free football in the playoffs when they are supposed to have no gelling issues :). Till then, people will doubt the Broncos.

At the same time, between 2004 and 2010, the No.1 seed in the AFC has not gone on to the SB. The Pats were the last in 2003, they were the next to do so as well in 2011. If anyone but the Pats have the No.1 seed, their homefield is not as great, that is what it means.

We were the #1 seed in 2009. :)

Oh I get what you are saying. I think it's just a NE thing with many of us. They have been the main center of so much "AFC Noise" since 2001 so we tend to talk about them the most. Even when we are rebuilding. haha

We were the #1 seed in 2009. :)

Oh I get what you are saying. I think it's just a NE thing with many of us. They have been the main center of so much "AFC Noise" since 2001 so we tend to talk about them the most. Even when we are rebuilding. haha

Oops, my bad. You are right.

Yep. Unless Peyton and Brady ride into their sunset, we cannot just talk about Luck and RG3. Luck wont play RG3 but once in 4 years, wont be the same. :)

You want me to believe in the "Pats making the SB", and I am trying hard to not buy into that. Cant you tell that is what is happening? :)

Somebody, somebody, make sure the Pats get the #3 or #4 seeding, please!!!

Well if the Colts can pull "a Packers" vs. NE then we can help out several AFC contenders. lmao

The Broncos are like that team that makes that critical mistake that a solid team like the Pats or Texans take advantage of, that is the best level they seem to get to now. One theory says that when they gel, their schedule gets easier.

Their players have to show they can play mistake free football in the playoffs when they are supposed to have no gelling issues :). Till then, people will doubt the Broncos.

Yeah I always think the Broncos will fumble or drop a pass. They might get better on that but the fumbles seem consistent. I DO think Denver can beat NE but I am not really confident on it if the game is NE and I know you feel the same. If it was in Denver we can talk more.

Houston I am unsure of. I feel like sometimes they are sitting there between this Brady/Manning sandwich like "Pfft. The AFC is soooo ours."

And for all we know the Steelers or something will come waltzing in later and pull a 2005 or whatever.