Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Thoughts On The Win vs The Titans

Tark The Shark

I couldn't watch the game today because of some car issues and rehearsal for a musical I am in.

I could only watch stat lines but the eyeballs are a much better indicator of what happened today.

Me, personally, I am very ecstatic over this win because we now have a cushion between us, the Titans, and the Jags.

And it seemed that even though we didn't score points, our offense clicked with Ballard and Brown running and catching the ball. Along with the whole receiving core.

Defense played well holding CJ to under 100 yards rushing. Powers seemed to get picked on again and Hughes and Nevis got a sack each.

For anybody that watched the game, could you give me your thoughts about today's game?

the running game was great and we limited chris johnson for the most part. There many areas we can improve in like not having drive killing penalties and forcing more turnovers on defense. Luck played smart football for the most part, but wayne tricked him on that one int. by cutting back the other way I think Luck could also throw for more tds as well, but its good to get a win. I think brown ballard and carter can be a nice three headed monster for us

thought luck played extremely well depite very poor pass protection. they finally stuck with the run late and pounded the titans D up the middle. colts pass rush was non existent for the most part...which only compounded powers terrible play i'm sure.

thought luck played extremely well depite very poor pass protection. they finally stuck with the run late and pounded the titans D up the middle. colts pass rush was non existent for the most part...which only compounded powers terrible play i'm sure.

thats the thing when the pass rush doesnt get there powers gets picked on alot and hasselback got rid of the ball quick

Good win. Should give the young guys confidence* for future road games.

Luck showing more of his knack for comebacks.

The defense still worries me though. Without Davis our CBs are hard to watch. Powers just doesnt seem like a good fit for a man coverage scheme. Without Mathis we are getting no pressure.

I don't really put that much blame on the defense. Last two games they held the opponents to 13 points which is ideal for a defense in a football game. They might give up the methodical drives but they are holding teams as of late. It's on the offense to put up 14+ points a game. Granted there are some individual bad games but as a unit over the past two weeks they have been pretty good. Props to Manusky and Pagano(via phone)

I don't really put that much blame on the defense. Last two games they held the opponents to 13 points which is ideal for a defense in a football game. They might give up the methodical drives but they are holding teams as of late. It's on the offense to put up 14+ points a game. Granted there are some individual bad games but as a unit over the past two weeks they have been pretty good. Props to Manusky and Pagano(via phone)

True. But on the flip side, our young offense doesnt see the ball very often either. This D not only gives up long methodical drives, they also dont force any turnovers. They held in there these past two games but we're going to have to play better to even make games against the Texans and Pats respectable. Im not trying to sound debby downer but I also thought the Titans really shot themselves in the foot alot today with miscues and badly timed penalties. Ill take them all day but I dont think the D played "well". They did hung in there and i give them credit for that.

True. But on the flip side, our young offense doesnt see the ball very often either. This D not only gives up long methodical drives, they also dont force any turnovers. They held in there these past two games but we're going to have to play better to even make games against the Texans and Pats respectable. Im not trying to sound debby downer but I also thought the Titans really shot themselves in the foot alot today with miscues and badly timed penalties. Ill take them all day but I dont think the D played "well". They did hung in there and i give them credit for that.

Colts offense shot themselves in the foot just as much with the personal foul penalty on Avery which killed a drive and Satele unnecessary roughness killed another promising drive. If this is what the Colts Defense looks when it's bad it can only get better from here especially with Mathis coming back. Hate to see the defense give up those drives but the defense has to keep limiting the scores. Like they only gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. They just have to keep that kind of effort up until our offense starts hitting on all cylinders then we can start putting up 27+ points a game and won't have to rely on our new defense to hold teams to 14 or less. Hopefully we get that way before the patriots game in 3 weeks

Jerrell Freeman isn't human, and picked up another 14 tackles in this game. Donald Brown, Vick Ballard, Delone Carter continue to be like a proverbial hydra at the running back position... and pick up yards with an o-line that isn't all that great. If you throw in Andrew Luck too they have run for 744 yards in 7 games. Slow and steady.

We have had one turnover since half-time of the Vikings game and zero turnovers since the opening drive of the third quarter against the Packers. It's becoming a HUGE problem. The defense struggles to get off the field on third downs, doesn't get turnovers, is struggling to get a pass rush and struggles at tackling at times. There is still some major work to be done on the defense this off-season. Look for us to go for a true play maker some where this off-season on defense. Rather it be a true 3-4 OLB to replace Freeney or another play making corner to go on the otherside of Davis. We also still need a true 3-4 DT.

We have had one turnover since half-time of the Vikings game and zero turnovers since the opening drive of the third quarter against the Packers. It's becoming a HUGE problem. The defense struggles to get off the field on third downs, doesn't get turnovers, is struggling to get a pass rush and struggles at tackling at times. There is still some major work to be done on the defense this off-season. Look for us to go for a true play maker some where this off-season on defense. Rather it be a true 3-4 OLB to replace Freeney or another play making corner to go on the otherside of Davis. We also still need a true 3-4 DT.

Yes it is. It started to sink in my mind today that this D NEVER gets turnovers. :bored:

Rather it be a true 3-4 OLB to replace Freeney or another play making corner to go on the otherside of Davis. We also still need a true 3-4 DT.

Id love for us to get Jarvis Jones or maybe even Brandon Jenkins if he falls into the 3rd due to his injury.