Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3-3..right where we should be

oldunclemark

Boy, I'm happier than a politician with a suitcase full of bribes.. :clap:

..at the start of the season..when you looked at our schedule...

...we certainly were supposed to lose at NY, at the Bears and home to GB...

..and i HOPED (but it was only hope because we had a slew of rookies and new boys)

that we'd win the other 3.....and now we have

I dont care how lucky we were or what we could be or should be....

Its time to say what you folks all already know..

We only won 2 all last year.....and that was painful...

..we are rebuilding AND contending at the same time...

......I'm going to go outside and smile :)

Defense needs to play much better for us to even entertain thoughts of contending this year. Until this team shows it can win a game on the road...heck even be competitive away from home all contending talk is premature. I know the AFC is weak this year but not that weak.

Already there have been some good wins and some "back to reality" type losses this year. I expect more of the same. We can't over react to either. Just last week some fans had to be talked off the bridge.

Defense needs to play much better for us to even entertain thoughts of contending this year. Until this team shows it can win a game on the road...heck even be competitive away from home all contending talk is premature. I know the AFC is weak this year but not that weak.

Already there have been some good wins and some "back to reality" type losses this year. I expect more of the same. We can't over react to either. Just last week some fans had to be talked off the bridge.

but 3-3 is where we should be, agreed?

...7-9 is likely but 9-7 still is a possibility..

but 3-3 is where we should be, agreed?

...7-9 is likely but 9-7 still is a possibility..

Yeah at this point in the season 3-3 is probably the best we could have realistically expected at the start of the year. The level of competition picks up though with the remaining games, so the Colts will need to up their level of consistency to keep up. Personally, I expected around 5 wins at the start of the year so anything over that is gravy to me.

Record wise... yes we are in contention right now technically. But when I consider our current deficiencies on defense...I don't really see it as sustainable. But we'll see.

Yeah at this point in the season 3-3 is probably the best we could have realistically expected at the start of the year. The level of competition picks up though with the remaining games, so the Colts will need to up their level of consistency to keep up. Personally, I expected around 5 wins at the start of the year so anything over that is gravy to me.

Record wise... yes we are in contention right now technically. But when I consider our current deficiencies on defense...I don't really see it as sustainable. But we'll see.

The thing is CS..we dont know what we have...

This group has only played together 6 games...

I look at those last three games (Houston-at KC-Houston) as games where we are underdogs....

..but between now and then..only the games at Detroit and NE are not realstic wins.......

...so we could be 8-5 with 3 games left..and with a win at KC..we're 9-7...

./..everybody in the AFC is in contention...at this moment (except maybe KC)

We haven't quite exceeded my expectations yet, but we're ahead of the pace. We get 6 or more and I'm super pumped and so ready for next year draft/FA acquisitions!

I expected 5 wins before the season began, and anything less is a major letdown for me, personally.

Dont jump to the draft just yet..CBF

If the Jets lose and the season ended today...I think we're the 6th seed

The thing is CS..we dont know what we have...

This group has only played together 6 games...

I look at those last three games (Houston-at KC-Houston) as games where we are underdogs....

..but between now and then..only the games at Detroit and NE are not realstic wins.......

...so we could be 8-5 with 3 games left..and with a win at KC..we're 9-7...

./..everybody in the AFC is in contention...at this moment (except maybe KC)

I have more confidence on the Colts winning at home or at least playing tough against almost anybody. On the road...not so much until we show that we can win away from home. Right now we are not the same team on the road that we show ourselves to be at home. So I can't pencil in too many road wins until shown otherwise. Also any game against a divisional opponent no matter where it is played will be a dogfight. Jags are probably the weakest team in our division and they have already beaten us at home. Tennessee next week is a big game for us. We will have to play much better than we did today to win. But there is hope at least if the team continues to mature and improve. Just not sure that contention this year should be the realistic expectation based on all that we have seen thus far. But hey if it happens no one would be happier to see it.

I projected us to go 8-8 this year with a possible one game swing either way depending on how the breaks went for us, so 3-3 is about right for now. We don't look like a half bad team at home, but the hardest part of coaching any young team is getting them to play winning football on the road, and that's definitely true for us. We've had a lot of growing pains so being 3-3 right now even with the flaws we have has to be encouraging. What's crazy is that 8-8 could get us into the playoffs this year.

The AFC is so bad that right now only 2 teams have winning records. That's right....right now, we're tied for 3rd place in the AFC going by wins and losses with a slew of other teams. We're only one blown lead against the Jags away from having the 3rd spot for ourselves.

Let THAT sink in for a minute...

I have more confidence on the Colts winning at home or at least playing tough against almost anybody. On the road...not so much until we show that we can win away from home. Right now we are not the same team on the road that we show ourselves to be at home. So I can't pencil in too many road wins until shown otherwise. Also any game against a divisional opponent no matter where it is played will be a dogfight. Jags are probably the weakest team in our division and they have already beaten us at home. Tennessee next week is a big game for us. We will have to play much better than we did today to win. But there is hope at least if the team continues to mature and improve. Just not sure that contention this year should be the realistic expectation based on all that we have seen thus far. But hey if it happens no one would be happier to see it.

....Its hard to predict an unknown..and we have few known NFL full season factors...

I can pencil in teams I think with our talent we should defate and treams I feel we should lose to...

..but we lost to Jacksonville and beat GB...

....wh knows how Tennesseew with play...The big bucks running back did well today but they like to give you a few turnovers

I'm very optimistic about the next 2 weeks

Boy, I'm happier than a politician with a suitcase full of bribes.. :clap:

..at the start of the season..when you looked at our schedule...

...we certainly were supposed to lose at NY, at the Bears and home to GB...

..and i HOPED (but it was only hope because we had a slew of rookies and new boys)

that we'd win the other 3.....and now we have

I dont care how lucky we were or what we could be or should be....

Its time to say what you folks all already know..

We only won 2 all last year.....and that was painful...

..we are rebuilding AND contending at the same time...

......I'm going to go outside and smile :)

Aren't you allowed to smile in the house?

As long as we keep getting better every few weeks, I'm happy. It won't be too long before we are challenging for the AFCSouth title once again.

That's it, continued improvement, hope for few injuries, and the younger guys gain eerience. The record is what it is this year. Next year we're in the thick of it.

Aren't you allowed to smile in the house?

Nobody sees you if you smile in the house :dancing:

After last season..its time to be optimistic about the Colts....

Let me give my state of the union address: 2011 Colts (2-14) 2012 Colts (3-3)

There are 2 types of NFL teams.....teams that make the playoffs and teams that dont.

Teams that are 3-3 have a chance to make the playoffs

Nobody sees you if you smile in the house :dancing:

After last season..its time to be optimistic about the Colts....

Let me give my state of the union address: 2011 Colts (2-14) 2012 Colts (3-3)

There are 2 types of NFL teams.....teams that make the playoffs and teams that dont.

Teams that are 3-3 have a chance to make the playoffs

But teams that can't win a game on the road generally don't make the playoffs. Until we show otherwise...can't get onboard with the "we are playoff bound" stuff just yet.

I hear you but we stole the game from Green Bay.....we can admit that, right?

Look at the back yard, grab a switch butt whippings GB has handed out since we beat them...

the colts had more passing first downs, more rushing first downs, more total yards, won the time of possession and ran a whopping 89 plays....doesn't look like they exactly "stole it"

But teams that can't win a game on the road generally don't make the playoffs. Until we show otherwise...can't get onboard with the "we are playoff bound" stuff just yet.

Its funny././and its not just you...so no offense..

But when we lose..its said that its because we should lose. We arent good..we're rebuilding

when we win....its hard to run with it.....

'Playoff bound' is your grouping of words.....I'd try phrases like 'in the playoff hunt'

.............and 'a half game ahead of the God-Forsaken Jets'

or '3 full games ahead at this point of last year's abomination of a Colts team'...phrases like that :blah:

..we have a realistic chance to go 9-7 which COULD make the playoffs.....and I'm happy as pie :pie:

the colts had more passing first downs, more rushing first downs, more total yards, won the time of possession and ran a whopping 89 plays....doesn't look like they exactly "stole it"

we were down 21-3 and they are way better than us........Check their record and ours...it does look like we stole it :rulez:

we were down 21-3 and they are way better than us........Check their record and ours...it does look like we stole it :rulez:

i realize they are better but that doesn't mean the colts stole it...they simply out played them in the second half and the stats back it up

i realize they are better but that doesn't mean the colts stole it...they simply out played them in the second half and the stats back it up

But you know the game...and you know we stole it...they had 3 starters out...

Just like God-awful Jax stole the game from us

Its the word 'stole' that bothers you...

Maybe if I say....we 'snatched the victiory away from them as they warmed up the bus to the airport at halftime' How's that?

But you know the game...and you know we stole it...they had 3 starters out...

Just like God-awful Jax stole the game from us

Its the word 'stole' that bothers you...

Maybe if I say....we 'snatched the victiory away from them as they warmed up the bus to the airport at halftime' How's that?

ok i guess if you're just going back it up with "you know they stole it" then i don't know what to say.

and your jaguar example is a poor one. the jags basically had two big plays and not much else....the colts were dominate statistically

Yeah, most didn't give us much of a chance to win three games all season. Being .500 at this point is a major win for our team.

Here's our schedule for the next five games:

@ Titans

vs. Dolphins

@ Jags

@ Pats

vs. Bills

If we can take care of home and steal a road game, that would be pretty sweet.

Its funny././and its not just you...so no offense..

But when we lose..its said that its because we should lose. We arent good..we're rebuilding

when we win....its hard to run with it.....

'Playoff bound' is your grouping of words.....I'd try phrases like 'in the playoff hunt'

.............and 'a half game ahead of the God-Forsaken Jets'

or '3 full games ahead at this point of last year's abomination of a Colts team'...phrases like that :blah:

..we have a realistic chance to go 9-7 which COULD make the playoffs.....and I'm happy as pie :pie:

No offense taken Unc. It's not about not knowing how to run after a win...it's just the realization that we are never as good as we think we are when we win nor as bad as we look after a loss. So it is best not to over react to either particularly when you are talking about a rebuilding, young and inconsistent team.

I see the potential in our Colts but also enough flaws to stay grounded. If it's week 12 and we are still in the mix then yeah...I can understand fans entertaining the notion of contending. Right now it's still too early to be getting all hyped up. Again...let's get a road win first before getting too carried away over our playoff prospects.

No offense taken Unc. It's not about not knowing how to run after a win...it's just the realization that we are never as good as we think we are when we win nor as bad as we look after a loss. So it is best not to over react to either particularly when you are talking about a rebuilding, young and inconsistent team.

I see the potential in our Colts but also enough flaws to stay grounded. If it's week 12 and we are still in the mix then yeah...I can understand fans entertaining the notion of contending. Right now it's still too early to be getting all hyped up. Again...let's get a road win first before getting too carried away over our playoff prospects.

fair enough.......cant get better or contend without road wins.....