Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

seeing houston getting stomped makes me feel a lil better.

Stephen

Patriots looked old and slow, now their world beaters. Packers looked old and slow, now their looking like a fresh from the SB team. Niners laid an egg, last week they set a NFL record for 300/300. The VIkings looked bad, then they got real good. The Bears tore us up. Then they lost a bad game, then they destroyed the Cowboys. Saints looked awful, then they get it on track.

Today we looked like a rookie team with injuries and a substitute coach. Last week we felt like we could beat anyone.

Anyone seeing the parity here?

Don't kid yourself,

If the Packers played like this last week, the scores would be similar.

However, it's good to see the Texans are human.

So its the players level of play that day? Not the player themselves? That would fly in the face of all these "we need to replace all these players" threads. (this is if you were responding to my parity comment)

I won't panic at all if I was a diehard Houston fan. Here's why: That drive of GB's in the 3rd quarter was keep alive strictly by mental errors and mental errors can easily be fixed. The key for Coach Kubiak is to be firm is maintaining a cool head at all times and understanding the game circumstance. You can't come down like a ton of bricks on a very young and exceptionally gifted athletic squad. Houston did a nice job of stopping GB on 3rd down there minus the mental lapses and concentration problems. Please remember that. Also, that pass interference call on Houston in the 2nd Quarter was ridiculous IMO and DC Wade phillips knew it too.

A loss right now for Houston is a good thing, especially this early in the season. It forces them as a squad to focus on the fundamentals of football, mental toughness at all times, and finding another pass rusher to step up so opposing teams just can't triple team JJ Watt or should I say "JJ SWATT" I love that sign in the stands BTW. :thmup: I'm not giving up on Houston. They can fix this. Houston is still my dark horse SB team IMO.

In fairness to GB, where did that o-line protection come from? A nice clean pocket too. I still see either the Falcons and the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. GB's defense is just awful and Atlanta or the 49ers will crush GB in the Playoffs.

Houston keep your head up. You still have all the necessary pieces to go to the SB. So you had a bad night. So what. Learn from it and move on. I still believe in Houston myself.

I am not a football x's and 0's zen master by any stretch of the imagination. But, I would say Aaron Rodgers knows how counteract full blitzes very well but he seems to have some discomfort with coverage sacks when all his WR's and TE's are covered downfield. And if I'm Wade Phillips my #1 GB weapon to eliminate is not Cobb but Nelson.

My point is a few well timed full blitzes are fine, but Houston can't rely on that unless they have no choice given a lopsided score and a limited timeframe to get a turnover and alter a game's momentum and overall outcome. If pass rushers can't get to Aaron put your hands up, knock down the ball, and hit all WR's as they come off the line to disrupt their route and timing issues.

Yes, GB clearly won the game, but Houston did block a punt, scoop, and score too. Houston is still a solid high caliber football team. Take your lumps, listen to your coaches, and you will be just fine. The beauty of a smackdown like this. People begin to assume that your team is dead in the water. The perfect time to lay low, punt your nose to the grindstone, and come out swinging the following week. Plus, after the Ravens game, Houston has their bye week. A beautiful time to heal up, get refreshed, and regroup physically and psychologically IMO.

:sigh: Why did we [Colts] have to loose to Rex Ryan and the train wreck NY Jets?!!! It is kind of funny in a way. Excuse me, while I swear like a NAVY sailor on Fleets Week. :hissy::flaming: :cuss:

There....I feel much better now. haha:lol::spit:

I know, it's so gross. We have to lose to the NY circus of all teams.

Although I might laugh hard if they beat the Pats next weekend. There is just something so "not right" about most of the contenders in the AFC right now and I can't put my finger on it. Manning/Brady are both awesome but do they have the TEAMS to go all the way? Steelers/Ravens are shaky too even despite the Ravens record that D is hardly what is used to be so far.

And now we have Houston. Yeah whatever. They are good but BORING. And lets face it, who would bet the house on them winning it all? Nobody.

And then we have San Diego. Yeah like I am gonna trust them.

Who is trustworthy in this conference anymore?

Sometimes I do wonder if we are transitioning into a new era of new teams emerging in the AFC. We are not ready yet in Indy but believe me we WILL be some season. Maybe sooner then people think.

And right now in the world we are going from Pisces to the Age of Aquarius so universal shifts and chaos might be normal.

I know, it's so gross. We have to lose to the NY circus of all teams.

Although I might laugh hard if they beat the Pats next weekend. There is just something so "not right" about most of the contenders in the AFC right now and I can't put my finger on it. Manning/Brady are both awesome but do they have the TEAMS to go all the way? Steelers/Ravens are shaky too even despite the Ravens record that D is hardly what is used to be so far.

And now we have Houston. Yeah whatever. They are good but BORING. And lets face it, who would bet the house on them winning it all? Nobody.

And then we have San Diego. Yeah like I am gonna trust them.

Who is trustworthy in this conference anymore?

Sometimes I do wonder if we are transitioning into a new era of new teams emerging in the AFC. We are not ready yet in Indy but believe me we WILL be some season. Maybe sooner then people think.

And right now in the world we are going from Pisces to the Age of Aquarius so universal shifts and chaos might be normal.

Pass it on Jules, pass it on...:D

You are absolutely right Jules about San Diego. Which team is gonna show up? Ariel fireworks with Rivers at the helm, RB Matthews on the ground, or interception prone Rivers? I have no idea...It's a crap shoot.

"Manning/Brady are both awesome but do they have the TEAMS to go all the way?" Yup, both HOF QB's suffer from the same fate: An inconsistent defense that can show up & play lights out, but will it routinely?

Yes, the NFL on the AFC side does feel like it shifting and reliable powerhouse franchises seem to be tripping, stumbling, and falling off the NFL pantheon pedestal they firmly used to sit proudly on.

Houston is just mentally young as a squad. If they can maintain their composure for 3 hours on Game Day, the sky is the limit IMO. Talent is not their shortcoming just composure. They'll fix it.

Keep up the sharp and astute analysis Jules. Good work! You always challenge me and make me think and I admire that. ;)

Pass it on Jules, pass it on... :D

Vance, we are leaving Pisces and entering Aquarius. It's no joking matter! It's not a bad thing either. This is the awakening we are entering.

And with that note maybe it is truly time for Tim Tebow to take the league over officially.

You are absolutely right Jules about San Diego. Which team is gonna show up? Ariel fireworks with Rivers at the helm, RB Matthews on the ground, or interception prone Rivers? I have no idea...It's a crap shoot.

"Manning/Brady are both awesome but do they have the TEAMS to go all the way?" Yup, both HOF QB's suffer from the same fate: An inconsistent defense that can show up & play lights out, but will it routinely?

Yes, the NFL on the AFC side does feel like it shifting and reliable powerhouse franchises seem to be tripping, stumbling, and falling off the NFL pantheon pedestal they firmly used to sit proudly on.

Houston is just mentally young as a squad. If they can maintain their composure for 3 hours on Game Day, the sky is the limit IMO. Talent is not their shortcoming just composure. They'll fix it.

Keep up the sharp and astute analysis Jules. Good work! You always challenge me and make me think and I admire that. ;)

Maybe someone gets going soon. Denver and San Diego BOTH might make it in now as things currently stand. Ravens/Steelers proud defenses are getting battered and bruised. Manning/Brady have to carry everything half the time and their D's are inconsistent at best.

Houston is still the best in the AFC but I am starting to believe the AFC is truly open for just about anyone who might make it in which sucks since the Colts have issues with QBs who trip over their own shoelaces. HOWEVER, the AFC rep since 2006 has been the host of the title game so maybe homefield will matter in the end after all. (hear that Texans fans? Homefield might matter!)

You know the last team I would personally NOT want to play against if I was in the SB? The Giants. Holy moly. Between their pass rushers and Eli miracles I would rather not play vs. them in the big one.

yea this is the strangest season ever the pats got beat by seattle and arizona I mean that doesnt usually happen

The NFC West might also be the most competitive division in football right now. Who predicted THAT noise to happen.

And everyone in the AFC East is 3-3 right now correct? Just wow.

Vance, we are leaving Pisces and entering Aquarius. It's no joking matter! It's not a bad thing either. This is the awakening we are entering.

And with that note maybe it is truly time for Tim Tebow to take the league over officially.

Maybe someone gets going soon. Denver and San Diego BOTH might make it in now as things currently stand. Ravens/Steelers proud defenses are getting battered and bruised. Manning/Brady have to carry everything half the time and their D's are inconsistent at best.

Houston is still the best in the AFC but I am starting to believe the AFC is truly open for just about anyone who might make it in which sucks since the Colts have issues with QBs who trip over their own shoelaces. HOWEVER, the AFC rep since 2006 has been the host of the title game so maybe homefield will matter in the end after all. (hear that Texans fans? Homefield might matter!)

You know the last team I would personally NOT want to play against if I was in the SB? The Giants. Holy moly. Between their pass rushers and Eli miracles I would rather not play vs. them in the big one.

The homefield question is a good one. Pittsburgh won on the road with RB Jerome Bettis in 2005 and hoisted the Lombardi trophy at Fords Field. The NY Giants won on the road in 2007 against the Patriots. However, in Houston's case, I agree with you Jules. Houston will need homefield advantage to carry them all the way to the SB given their youth. Houston, once you get to the SB, remember 1 name: Dan Marino. Everyone said Miami would return and win a SB, but Dan never did again. And once, you are there remember another name: Jim Kelly. My point is make the most of your opportunity, take nothing for granted, and win the game at all costs. You might never return to the Promiseland. Be smart, fundamentally sound, and play with a relentless sense of fire, passion, and in your face urgency.

It would be interesting to see Eli and Co. go back to the SB again. I just don't see it though. Yes, Eli can get hot late in the season, but now that DC Mike Nolan has revamped Atlanta's defense and Seattle is lethal in this area too...I have my reservations. We shall see I suppose soon enough. Right?

The homefield question is a good one. Pittsburgh won on the road with RB Jerome Bettis in 2005 and hoisted the Lombardi trophy at Fords Field. The NY Giants won on the road in 2007 against the Patriots. However, in Houston's case, I agree with you Jules. Houston will need homefield advantage to carry them all the way to the SB given their youth. Houston, once you get to the SB, remember 1 name: Dan Marino. Everyone said Miami would return and win a SB, but Dan never did again. And once, you are there remember another name: Jim Kelly. My point is make the most of your opportunity, take nothing for granted, and win the game at all costs. You might never return to the Promiseland. Be smart, fundamentally sound, and play with a relentless sense of fire, passion, and in your face urgency.

It would be interesting to see Eli and Co. go back to the SB again. I just don't see it though. Yes, Eli can get hot late in the season, but now that DC Mike Nolan has revamped Atlanta's defense and Seattle is lethal in this area too...I have my reservations. We shall see I suppose soon enough. Right?

Yep you might never get back to the SB no matter how good you are. Might not seem fair but most of life isn't.

Houston might get there this year considering the AFC landscape. A loss to the NFC won't kill them in tiebreakers either by years end if they stay ahead of the others.

I wonder if Atlanta needs to lose one soon. They have been scratching out wins for a few weeks and it will only get tougher. I am not 100% sold on the Falcons though but I suppose eventually they might have to get that first playoff win under Ryan.

And heck I am getting a bit let down by the 49ers at times this season too.

Personally I would love to see it come down to a shoot out between Rodgers and Eli since thats a QB rivalry I started to enjoy last year.

I wonder if Atlanta needs to lose one soon. They have been scratching out wins for a few weeks and it will only get tougher. I am not 100% sold on the Falcons though but I suppose eventually they might have to get that first playoff win under Ryan.

It's only appropriate that Ryan played Manning for the first time this season. Because the Falcons first loss will come on week 16 when the Falcons rest their starters during a nationally televised game against the Lions.

I missed today's game, but every time I watch the Falcons I get flashbacks of the Colts 2009 performance.

houston are still a good team but they won't get past the pats or ravens. their secondary isn't good and they have a comedian as a nt. they will win the division by default because were young, jags have gabbert, and the titans are who we thought they were. foster is great but when teams stop the run, i don't think schaub is good enough to go into a passing shootout with either brady or flacco. even though the ravens have injuries and the pats are young on def, they still have veteran guys like ngata, reed, wilfork, and suggs who can force turnovers and both teams are good against the run.

Patriots looked old and slow, now their world beaters. Packers looked old and slow, now their looking like a fresh from the SB team. Niners laid an egg, last week they set a NFL record for 300/300. The VIkings looked bad, then they got real good. The Bears tore us up. Then they lost a bad game, then they destroyed the Cowboys. Saints looked awful, then they get it on track.

Today we looked like a rookie team with injuries and a substitute coach. Last week we felt like we could beat anyone.

Anyone seeing the parity here?

No doubt.

^^^ I think GB only looked so good because we were bad as well...stupid penalties and blown coverages will make anyone look like SB contenders.

that is true. but in all honesty i think you lost the moment Kubiak decided his opening 10-15 plays. Now i get why he started throwing but there ewas the risk that if it didnt work out (like it happened) Rodgers could get an early lead, and the texans were never able to get the ground game going. they were also playing catchup the whole game, which helped GB not worrying about the run