Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So we're down Mathis, Brown, Angerer and Davis?

oldunclemark

We were down Angerer and Davis last week and they still succeeded on defense (in the 2nd half at least). Not having Mathis could be tough, but the Colts can definitely do it, and it's not like Hughes is pure crap. He's having an alright year. He's a good rotational player that had a good game against the Vikings.

As for Brown, I think Vick Ballard will do a good job. The kid's a hard worker and runs hard on every play. I've been impressed with him since day 1. Expect him to have a few good weeks.

We're down 4 starters. I am hopefull that we have 4 capable replacments.

1. Angerer- I think that Freeman has done a great job and do not see a drop off from Angerer to Freeman. We should be fine here.

2. Brown- He has done a great job of bouncing runs to the outside when nothing's been open. Ballard will have to carry the load and there may be some drop off here.

3. Vontae Davis- In my opinion, when he did play, he wasn't outstandig. There will be some drop off, but maybe not much. If Davis was at his peak, there would be a great drop off, but based on his recent performances, not much.

4. Mathis- This is where we may see the most drop off. Hughes has to prove that he can step in and be "the next man up."

ok last week we were with out Angerer and Davis. And Mathis if im not mistaken was out for alittle over a QTR in the second half. and Brown really isnt a big loss. ballard can produce the same as brown. so its really a non issue. but i do believe mathis not being there will hurt just alittle in putting pressure on sanchez, but at the same time Hughes looked better last week against Green Bay and expect him to be just as productive if not alittle better against the struggling offense of the jets.

We were down Angerer and Davis last week and they still succeeded on defense (in the 2nd half at least). Not having Mathis could be tough, but the Colts can definitely do it, and it's not like Hughes is pure crap. He's having an alright year. He's a good rotational player that had a good game against the Vikings.

As for Brown, I think Vick Ballard will do a good job. The kid's a hard worker and runs hard on every play. I've been impressed with him since day 1. Expect him to have a few good weeks.

in a way i just said the same thing but in different words lol.

We're down 4 starters. I am hopefull that we have 4 capable replacments.

1. Angerer- I think that Freeman has done a great job and do not see a drop off from Angerer to Freeman. We should be fine here.

2. Brown- He has done a great job of bouncing runs to the outside when nothing's been open. Ballard will have to carry the load and there may be some drop off here.

3. Vontae Davis- In my opinion, when he did play, he wasn't outstandig. There will be some drop off, but maybe not much. If Davis was at his peak, there would be a great drop off, but based on his recent performances, not much.

4. Mathis- This is where we may see the most drop off. Hughes has to prove that he can step in and be "the next man up."

last week with out davis i thought our secondary did a great job in defending the pass, well in the second half atleast. Mathis i agree will be missed when it comes to pressure on sanchez, BUT hughes did a great job last week in creating oppertunities for Redding to get to the QB and fully expect him to do the same against this struggling jets offense. honestly i expect to hear the chants of " we want tebow " to start up by the 3rd qtr lol.

Am I the only one realizing that the Jets O-Line (Despite having Pro Bowl Lineman on it) has not been that Good this year?

Look at the List of Pass Rushers we HAVE ACTIVE this week people.

1. Freeney

2. Redding

3. Nevis

4. Antonio Dixon

5. Freeman

6. Connor

7. Mookie?

We will be FINE. This is not an Elite QB we're Facing like we did Last Week. Sanchez will Choke this Week as he overlooks our Defense thinking that it's the same Defense he threw that bomb to Edwards I think it was the last time we met in the Playoffs (Courtesy of Jacob Lacey's Coverage).

The problem we'll have is when Tebow gets in. That's the biggest threat on their Offense. Then it's Jeremy Kerley at #2

ok last week we were with out Angerer and Davis. And Mathis if im not mistaken was out for alittle over a QTR in the second half. and Brown really isnt a big loss. ballard can produce the same as brown. so its really a non issue. but i do believe mathis not being there will hurt just alittle in putting pressure on sanchez, but at the same time Hughes looked better last week against Green Bay and expect him to be just as productive if not alittle better against the struggling offense of the jets.

We were lucky to beat GB....lets be honest....we trailed by 18 and they lost 3 starers DURING the game.

We DO have replecements for all 4 key losses.....but its not realistic to say that because we beat GB withut Agrener and Davis that we

can win on the road consistently without them.

I'm just hoping we jump ahead 10 or 14 and the Jets beat themselves..nobody has to tell them how to do that.

But I'm uncomfotable with the "d' we're putting out there Sunday..

Am I the only one realizing that the Jets O-Line (Despite having Pro Bowl Lineman on it) has not been that Good this year?

Look at the List of Pass Rushers we HAVE ACTIVE this week people.

1. Freeney

2. Redding

3. Nevis

4. Antonio Dixon

5. Freeman

6. Connor

7. Mookie?

We will be FINE. This is not an Elite QB we're Facing like we did Last Week. Sanchez will Choke this Week as he overlooks our Defense thinking that it's the same Defense he threw that bomb to Edwards I think it was the last time we met in the Playoffs (Courtesy of Jacob Lacey's Coverage).

The problem we'll have is when Tebow gets in. That's the biggest threat on their Offense. Then it's Jeremy Kerley at #2

I hope you're right...Akmost the entire offense is rrday to go..

but read the other side............the Jets ENTIRE SEASON collpasse if they lose this game......Jobs are on the line..

This is the 3rd game of a 3-game home stand for them and they're 0-2

'

This is IT for them.....and we'll have more defensive ex-pro bowlers on the sidelines than we will on the field

That has to worry you...

I hope you're right...Akmost the entire offense is rrday to go..

but read the other side............the Jets ENTIRE SEASON collpasse if they lose this game......Jobs are on the line..

This is the 3rd game of a 3-game home stand for them and they're 0-2

'

This is IT for them.....and we'll have more defensive ex-pro bowlers on the sidelines than we will on the field

That has to worry you...

I'm not Worried about anything. It's the "Next Man Up" this week. Mewelde, Ballard, & Carter for Brown. Addison, Geathers, Hughes, Etc. for Mathis. And the Secondary that showed up in the 2nd half last week.

Eventually, this "Do it for Coach Pagano" Emotional High is gonna wear off. We have to start playing Football. Nothing wrong with having an Emotional Inspiration, but we'll eventually have to play. Feelings & Emotions eventually wear off

4 starters?

We shoild lose.

But I'm hanging my hopes on the fact that most of the offense will be intact....

...we're going to have to put 35 on the hoard and win a shootout...

..and we better get ready for Tim Tebow and the option because he's going to play eventually..

The Colts can absolutely lose this game but what from the Jets suggests to you they will be able to score enough to get into a shootout?

The Colts can absolutely lose this game but what from the Jets suggests to you they will be able to score enough to get into a shootout?

"J' Nothing. From Mark Sanchez...

But I dont have to tell you that Tebow is a freak and a wild card....and we dont stop the run..

and from the way they're talking....in the NY medai that I can see.....he's coming sometime this week.

Mathis and the possibility of Davis being out hurts the most. Our D has to execute and they will. Tebow... is a big threat if he can't do much the first few plays he is in then we won't see him much if at all after that. it's a gimmick that if they see no result from the get go they will abandon it. Offensively B.A will have us in the proper gameplan. His history vs rex says so. We have to get pressure on Sanchez he does force throws. i know many are worried about Hughes and Brown i think they will be fine but honestly i am worried about Zbis... like i said last week he seems to be a step or two behind play recognition wise. Kerley will run some 9 routes and if to his side we may get caught a few times.

Well look at who the Jets are missing, can you name their WR corps? They're down their NT this week and maybe Nick Mangold (haven't heard his status) on top of Revis and Holmes for the year. We aren't the only team with injuries, this time of year every team is banged up pretty bad. Fortunately most of our guys will return this season at some point.

"J' Nothing. From Mark Sanchez...

But I dont have to tell you that Tebow is a freak and a wild card....and we dont stop the run..

and from the way they're talking....in the NY medai that I can see.....he's coming sometime this week.

A shootout with points scored in the 30's will absolutely only happen if there is at least a modicum of success in the passing game from the Jets - and that won't happen with Tebow. 1) Too inaccurate and 2) running the ball means and running clock and a shortened game.

A shootout with points scored in the 30's will absolutely only happen if there is at least a modicum of success in the passing game from the Jets - and that won't happen with Tebow. 1) Too inaccurate and 2) running the ball means and running clock and a shortened game.

I hope you're right.......but there's no shootout rules...amd you've commented on our run defense before...many times

The Preacher man can run the football and we are not the best tacklers.....MJD smoked us

Tebow can run......so we early TDs..so we can make a sinner (passer) out him

I hope you're right.......but there's no shootout rules...amd you've commented on our run defense before...many times

The Preacher man can run the football and we are not the best tacklers.....MJD smoked us

Tebow can run......so we early TDs..so we can make a sinner (passer) out him

I would advocate that there is miles of difference & quality in the play of MJD vs. Tebow.

Why do you think Ballard can produce the same as Brown? DB is 'twice' as good, if you consider their respective yards per carry.

you are kidding, right? Jets are not going to score 35 points on anybody this year... Sanchez has a 44% comp rate since week 1 and he is the superior passer on the team. What did B.A. say? "If you have 2 QBs, then you have no QB... there is no team in the league that illustrates this point more than the Jets, who we should beat handily, even on the road. I do not know why they are 3 1/2 point favorites this week, but this is a game that we should be able to win, despite the injuries to our D. C'mon, they have 1 rush for 15 yds or more this season and can't hit the broad side of a barn with a throw.... JMO... Jets are a worse team than us... a bunch of names with no cohesion and a crappy loser attitude.

you are kidding, right? Jets are not going to score 35 points on anybody this year... Sanchez has a 44% comp rate since week 1 and he is the superior passer on the team. What did B.A. say? "If you have 2 QBs, then you have no QB... there is no team in the league that illustrates this point more than the Jets, who we should beat handily, even on the road. I do not know why they are 3 1/2 point favorites this week, but this is a game that we should be able to win, despite the injuries to our D. C'mon, they have 1 rush for 15 yds or more this season and can't hit the broad side of a barn with a throw.... JMO... Jets are a worse team than us... a bunch of names with no cohesion and a crappy loser attitude.

I think he still thinks these are the Jets of 09' or 10'

4 starters?

We shoild lose.

But I'm hanging my hopes on the fact that most of the offense will be intact....

..and we better get ready for Tim Tebow and the option because he's going to play eventually..

six starters Reitz and Moala are out as well you could argue seven if you count Collie.

Tebow won't be going in for any signifigant amount of time. His package is too small... haha.

Seriously, on MNF they zoomed in and showed his wrist menu. It had like 15-16 plays on it. That won't get you through a quarter, let alone a full half game.

That's it. That is how they are using Tebow and there is no way they upgraded his status in one week.