Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Samson Satele and his injury?

PrincetonTiger

Haven't heard any updates yet on Satele. I think more info will come out at the daily briefing around noon. As far as what the Colts do at center, I think given more reps McGlynn will do just fine. In fact, until Reitz comes back, I think McGlynn will provide good support from the middle out for the left side of the line.

No idea about the injury, but if he is out we will play McGlynn at center like we did in the game. Mcglynn actually didn't play too bad at all other than some inconsistent shotgun snaps that were very low, but than again he doesn't play that position week in and week out. So with some practice I think he will do fine as long as Satele is out.

Dont know the extent of the injury but as far as I know Mcglynn is the only other player on the team thats ever played Center before(he played Center for the Eagles at one point) thats why he stepped in, My guess if the injury (whatever it is) is more serious (such as keeping Satele out a game) you likely saw what moves the Colts will do now the problem with that is IF Reitz is out another week that leaves us thin at Guard (unless they 1. stick Linkenbach there or 2. activate Hicks)

Dont know the extent of the injury but as far as I know Mcglynn is the only other player on the team thats ever played Center before thats whyhe stepped in, My guess if the injury (whatever it is) is more serious (such as keeping Satele out a game) you likely saw what moves the Colts will do now the problem with that is IF Reitz is out another week that leaves us thin at Guard (unless they 1. stick Linkenbach there or 2. activate Hicks)

Essex can play Center in a pinch

I thought McGlynn did a heckuva lot better job at Center than he did at Guard. I think Essex did a great job for only being on the team less than a week.

Keep McGlynn at center till Satele is healed up. I could not tell the difference in pass blocking. I did notice the difference in run blocking however and understandably so since Satele was one of the better run blocking centers in the league when we signed him.

An MRI of Colts C Samson Satele's left knee revealed only "soreness and stiffness."

It's excellent news for the Colts' banged-up line, though not a guarantee Satele will be ready for Sunday's game against the Jaguars. If he's not, RG Mike McGlynn will likely slide back over to center, leaving Trai Essex at right guard.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Hopefully it is just soreness and he is back for Sunday

If Satele is out I'd like to see AQ Shipley given a shot.

Shipley may not have the best size but He's got a great attitude and will bring toughness.

Won the Rimington Award as nations best center at Penn State.

I worry a bit with McGlynns shotgun snaps.

I thought we cut Shipley last week.

An MRI of Colts C Samson Satele's left knee revealed only "soreness and stiffness."

It's excellent news for the Colts' banged-up line, though not a guarantee Satele will be ready for Sunday's game against the Jaguars. If he's not, RG Mike McGlynn will likely slide back over to center, leaving Trai Essex at right guard.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Maybe Reitz will play?

However I doubt Reitz will be a go this week, with the bye coming week 4.

I'd say he's out 3 to 4 weeks based on how he left the game. Pretty easy to tell usually by the reaction once sitting on the sidelines and taken back to the appendage morgue.

You are kidding us... right ? Tell me your not serious about knowing how long a player is going to be out by seeing his reaction while sitting on the bench.

I'd say he's out 3 to 4 weeks based on how he left the game. Pretty easy to tell usually by the reaction once sitting on the sidelines and taken back to the appendage morgue.

matt Schaub scored on a QB sneak few people didnt even know he was injured on the play.finished the entire game.had a MRI out for rest of season. he left the game with a win and his season was over, so your theory is a little off

I really wish people stop playing internet doctor when they really have no information about the injury. We've seen people get carted off with injuries and come back and play the next week and we've seen guys leave games with what look to be extremely minor injuries that turn into going on IR. All injuries are different and frankly you can't just "know" how long someone will be out based only on their reaction on the sidelines. That's why teams have doctors and they send players to MRIs and what not. If they could just tell by their reactions alone teams wouldn't have those things.