Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gotta trust Luck

oldunclemark

Pagano is a first year coach with a rookie QB..and I understand what we saw today against Minnesota..

But we've got a our money on Luck...all our stock is in Luck....coach P's is... too..

In key sitations..he has to trust his QB to throw short accurate quick passes to his best offensive players..his receivers...

....Today we ran plays with backup linemen straighy ahead into 9-man fronts rather than let Luck throw a 10-yard roll out pass........

trust him, coach...just trust him

I think he showed a lot of trust at the end when it mattered.

Not even Dungy/caldwell would have let Peyton try to get us into FG range there. That's something like we haven't seen in a long time.

No.....we called plays we shoudl have called in a 20-20 tie...

But Pagano didnt trust Luck to throw on 1st and 2nd down when we were up 17-6 and 20-13..

we ran suicide missions with backup blockers into 9-man fronts..

Trust the kid.....He will ...It'll happen soon....

Cant win many like today....killing the clock the 2nd half..

No.....we called plays we shoudl have called in a 20-20 tie...

But Pagano didnt trust Luck to throw on 1st and 2nd down when we were up 17-6 and 20-13..

we ran suicide missions with backup blockers into 9-man fronts..

Trust the kid.....He will ...It'll happen soon....

Cant win many like today....killing the clock the 2nd half..

I said when it mattered. IE in those last 38 seconds...

I think Luck showed immense leadership towards the end of the game today. He was informing players on the side line that they can still win, he stepped in and completed two great passes to get Vinny in FG range for the win.

This kid is going to be something special, especially when we get a good OL around him.

Not sure why people are complaining about Lucks pass attempts in the 4th quarter, he dropped back to pass 9 times to 7 run plays, our problem was letting Ponder have 10+ yards passing the ball on 5 of his throws in the 4th quarter

By how many times did we run on 1st down , Gavin....?

...we cant manufacture a reason to run into 9-man fronts when we have 3 backup linemen in the game.

We've got to give Lukc the run-pass option when we're ahead//

The coaches will do it...I'm sure.....they let the tide sweep back on us ...today

Pagano just got scared of blowing our 1st win...

But you guys know you cant win many with the plays we called late topday..not with our run blocking

I honestly think this kid has the clutch gene. He led us down the field in the Chicago game before halftime, before halftime today, and at end of regulation today. If there was one flaw to Peyton's game, its that he wasn't THAT good in high pressure situations when they needed to win a game. I always remember him throwing a pick. I think Andrew Luck will be much better in that department.

...we cant manufacture a reason to run into 9-man fronts when we have 3 backup linemen in the game.

The coaches will do it...I'm sure.....they let the tide sweep back on us ...today

But you guys know you cant win many with the plays we called late topday..not with our run blocking

so you suggesting we throw it 19 times again in the 4th quarter behind like you said 3 backup O Linemen. I'd like to see Luck roll out on more of his passes but as far as it pass attempts I like the number he got today and that includes the 4th quarter

I thought he had lost us the game after that 22 yard sack, but he brought them down the field for a game winning FG! LUCK is the man!

I thought the same thing. I was close to ripping the stuffing out of my couch cushions. That right there was a rookie mistake.

Old, I totally agree. Convincing or changing Gavins mind........good luck. Running on first down with 9 men in the box was just wasting plays. We were fortunate to overcome those mistakes. Let Luck do his thing. Were not winning a SB this year..........let Luck get the experience/confidence.

Old, I totally agree. Convincing or changing Gavins mind........good luck. Running on first down with 9 men in the box was just wasting plays. We were fortunate to overcome those mistakes. Let Luck do his thing. Were not winning a SB this year..........let Luck get the experience/confidence.

unfortunately I wasn't able to record the whole game on my DVR so I only got the 4th quarter so i dont know what we did on downs before the 4th quarter, I will have to watch it on Rewind later

unfortunately I wasn't able to record the whole game on my DVR so I only got the 4th quarter so i dont know what we did on downs before the 4th quarter, I will have to watch it on Rewind later

Gavin.....I dont want to put Luck at risk...and truthfully..without a double-deflection late we win 20-6

but he moves so well outside the pocket......he isnt at risk...

..and once we lost out center...with Justice and Reitz already out... neither Brown or Ballard was going anywhere but to the hurt locker.

I'm convinced Pagano will see how Luck can dominate once he rolls out and stretches the defense.

On those roll outs....he's right on target. he's more accurate on the move than he is standing still.

I dont wnat to sound lie Skip Bayless....but unleash Andrew Luck!! We have the receivers.

It really does not matter what quarter...........we can not run the ball with 7 in the box. The Vikings had 8 and nine in the box and run blitzing. When will Luck check out of plays?

Gavin.....I dont want to put Luck at risk...and truthfully..without a double-deflection late we win 20-6

but he moves so well outside the pocket......he isnt at risk...

..and once we lost out center...with Justice and Reitz already out... neither Brown or Ballard was going anywhere but to the hurt locker.

I'm convinced Pagano will see how Luck can dominate once he rolls out and stretches the defense.

On those roll outs....he's right on target. he's more accurate on the move than he is standing still.

I dont wnat to sound lie Skip Bayless....but unleash Andrew Luck!! We have the receivers.

sounds like the playcalling you had more of a problem with I think not the actual pass to run ratio because Luck did throw 31 times, I'd love to see Luck roll out on more of his passes but I dont want to see him throwing the ball 45 times again. Like I said I missed the first half, My DVR didn't record that for some reason but I got the 4th quarter recorded and NFL Rewind (although thats much smaller than my 40+ inch tv

I don't understand what ppl are complaining about... last year you wanted a running game but now the colts are trying to get that ppl are complaining.

The colts need to keep doing what they do, it was great play calling against a defense that was itching for a turnover.

I honestly think this kid has the clutch gene. He led us down the field in the Chicago game before halftime, before halftime today, and at end of regulation today. If there was one flaw to Peyton's game, its that he wasn't THAT good in high pressure situations when they needed to win a game. I always remember him throwing a pick. I think Andrew Luck will be much better in that department.

I'll say at this point in Lucks career he is much more calm and cool under pressure than Peyton was. Peyton was so high strung and wanted to make things happen he would press and make bad throws. He got much better about it after Dungy came along.

Sounds like you didn't watch many games in the Manning era... just wow...

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning ranks second among all players

with 46 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime since the

1970 NFL merger, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

Included in his career total are seven game-winning drives during the

1999 and 2009 seasons that are tied for the NFL single-season record.

MOST CAREER GAME-WINNING DRIVES IN FOURTH QUARTER OR

OVERTIME, SINCE 1970 NFL MERGER

Player No.

1. Dan Marino, Mia. 47

2. Peyton Manning, Ind. 46

3. Brett Favre, Min./NYJ/G.B./Atl. 43

4. John Elway, Den. 40

5. Warren Moon, K.C./Sea./Min./Hou. 35

Kinda hard to be on this list, much less 1 win away from being at the top of it, or 2 wins of owning it without the "clutch gene" that you seem to think Manning was missing.

Sounds like you didn't watch many games in the Manning era... just wow...

Kinda hard to be on this list, much less 1 win away from being at the top of it, or 2 wins of owning it without the "clutch gene" that you seem to think Manning was missing.

Thanks for the good post and back up stats also. Good One FJ :thmup:

I don't understand what ppl are complaining about... last year you wanted a running game but now the colts are trying to get that ppl are complaining.

The colts need to keep doing what they do, it was great play calling against a defense that was itching for a turnover.

because they didn't have a running game today. They averaged 2.8 YPC today. They were banging it into the line for three plays and then punting. That's not what people want. People want a ground game that gets yards and is a weapon. Today in the second half it was not and it just lead to us giving the ball right back to the Vikings offense and letting them work on our defense and wearing them out.

Again I don't think the Colts need to get crazy with the pass but they needed to use it a little more in the second half. They didn't draft Andrew Luck number one overall because he was great at handing the ball off. Again, they don't need him chucking it around 45 times a game but they also need to realize when the Vikings are doing things like putting nine in the box and begging you to throw the ball on them and trust your QB to make some throws especially when the run isn't working at all.

:facepalm:

I suggest you read and watch the following and try again

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110929/SPORTS03/109290368/Everything-went-just-right-Colts-Monday-Night-Miracle-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2IlQc71Kpw

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070121011&prov=ap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmY_bkpbyME&feature=related

That's a very small sample over the years...

because they didn't have a running game today. They averaged 2.8 YPC today. They were banging it into the line for three plays and then punting. That's not what people want. People want a ground game that gets yards and is a weapon. Today in the second half it was not and it just lead to us giving the ball right back to the Vikings offense and letting them work on our defense and wearing them out.

Again I don't think the Colts need to get crazy with the pass but they needed to use it a little more in the second half. They didn't draft Andrew Luck number one overall because he was great at handing the ball off. Again, they don't need him chucking it around 45 times a game but they also need to realize when the Vikings are doing things like putting nine in the box and begging you to throw the ball on them and trust your QB to make some throws especially when the run isn't working at all.

You dont walk on the field and start runing the ball on teams... this is a young team and you grow into being able to run the ball. You have to keep running the ball keep that defense honest... with a shaky Oline your best bet is to run the ball to keep them from hurting your QB especially against a vikes defense.

Luck may have skills but this is still the NFL and he's still a rookie he cant be throwing the ball a whole bunch of times cause chances of you winning the game like that with a rookie is very slim.

You dont walk on the field and start runing the ball on teams... this is a young team and you grow into being able to run the ball. You have to keep running the ball keep that defense honest... with a shaky Oline your best bet is to run the ball to keep them from hurting your QB especially against a vikes defense.

Luck may have skills but this is still the NFL and he's still a rookie he cant be throwing the ball a whole bunch of times cause chances of you winning the game like that with a rookie is very slim.

Which is why I said they don't need him to throw the ball 45 times a game last week but pounding the ball into the line over and over and going three and out isn't going to win many games either. The Colts need to do a better job recognizing when the ground game isn't working and when the other team is doing things like putting nine guys in the box to stop that run and doing something to mix it up. Again, I don't mind running the ball as long as it was effective. In the first half it was because the Colts were using the pass to help keep them honest. In the second half it was not and the scoring and TOP in both halves reflect that.

Which is why I said they don't need him to throw the ball 45 times a game last week but pounding the ball into the line over and over and going three and out isn't going to win many games either. The Colts need to do a better job recognizing when the ground game isn't working and when the other team is doing things like putting nine guys in the box to stop that run and doing something to mix it up. Again, I don't mind running the ball as long as it was effective. In the first half it was because the Colts were using the pass to help keep them honest. In the second half it was not and the scoring and TOP in both halves reflect that.

Well I think that just goes to show how much they want to establish the run and I like it... the colts don't have Peyton manning anymore... get those lineman run blocking