Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster as it stands after cuts (At this point)

Gavin

Quarterback

1.Andrew Luck

2.Drew Stanton

3.Chandler Harnish

Running Backs

1.Donald Brown

2.Vick Ballard

3.Delone Carter

4.Mewelde Moore

Wide Receivers

1.Reggie Wayne

2.Austin Collie

3.Donnie Avery

4.Lavon Brazill

5.T.Y. Hilton

6.Kris Adams

Tight End

1.Coby Fleener

2.Dwayne Allen

3.Dominique Jones

Tackles

1.Anthony Castonzo

2.Winston Justice

3.Jeff Linkenbach

4.Ty Nsekhe

Centers

1.Satele

2.A.Q Shipley

Guards

1.Joe Reitz

2.Seth Olsen

3.Seth Olsen

Defensive Ends

1.Cory Redding

2.Fili Moala

Defensive Tackles

1.Drake Nevis

2.Ricardo Mattews

Nose Tackles

1.Antonio Johnson

OLB's

1.Dwight Freeney

2.Robert Mathis

3.Jerry Hughes

4.Mario Addison

5.Justin Hickman

ILB's

1.Jerrell Freeman

2.Kavell Conner

3.Mario Harvey

4.Moise Fokou

5.Pat Angerer

Cornerbacks

1.Vontae Davis

2.Jerraud Powers

3.Josh Gordy

4.D.J Johnson

5.Justin King

6.Cassius Vaughn

Safeties

1.Antoine Bethea

2.Tom Zbikowski

3.Joe Lefedged

4.Jermale Hines

Kicker

1.Adam Vinatieri

Long Snapper

1.Matt Overton

Punter

1.Pat Mcafee

PUP List

1.Justin Anderson

Reserve/Non Football Injury

1.Josh Chapman

Injured Reserve

1.A.J. Edds

2.Ben Ijalana

3.Korey Lindsey

4.Lutrus Scott

5.Brandon Mckinney

6.Jabin Sambrano

7.Griff Whalen

The slots where I put the players doesnt necessarily reflect where they are on the depth chart

Quarterback

1.Andrew Luck

2.Drew Stanton

3.Chandler Harnish

Running Backs

1.Donald Brown

2.Vick Ballard

3.Delone Carter

4.Mewelde Moore

Wide Receivers

1.Reggie Wayne

2.Austin Collie

3.Donnie Avery

4.Lavon Brazill

5.T.Y. Hilton

6.Kris Adams

Tight End

1.Coby Fleener

2.Dwayne Allen

3.Dominique Jones

Tackles

1.Anthony Castonzo

2.Winston Justice

3.Jeff Linkenbach

4.Ty Nsekhe

Centers

1.Satele

2.A.Q Shipley

Guards

1.Joe Reitz

2.Seth Olsen

3.Seth Olsen

Defensive Ends

1.Cory Redding

2.Fili Moala

Defensive Tackles

1.Drake Nevis

2.Ricardo Mattews

Nose Tackles

1.Antonio Johnson

OLB's

1.Dwight Freeney

2.Robert Mathis

3.Jerry Hughes

4.Mario Addison

5.Justin Hickman

ILB's

1.Jerrell Freeman

2.Kavell Conner

3.Mario Harvey

4.Moise Fokou

5.Pat Angerer

Cornerbacks

1.Vontae Davis

2.Jerraud Powers

3.Josh Gordy

4.D.J Johnson

5.Justin King

6.Cassius Vaughn

Safeties

1.Antoine Bethea

2.Tom Zbikowski

3.Joe Lefedged

4.Jermale Hines

Kicker

1.Adam Vinatieri

Long Snapper

1.Matt Overton

Punter

1.Pat Mcafee

PUP List

1.Justin Anderson

Reserve/Non Football Injury

1.Josh Chapman

Injured Reserve

1.A.J. Edds

2.Ben Ijalana

3.Korey Lindsey

4.Lutrus Scott

5.Brandon Mckinney

6.Jabin Sambrano

7.Griff Whalen

The slots where I put the players doesnt necessarily reflect where they are on the depth chart

Weird... 2 guards named Seth Olsen made the cut. Who knew... ;)

Yeah not so bad in most spots when we get guys healthy which for the most part wont be till next year lol

That Mckinney and Ijalana loss is HUGE for us because now we have no depth at either position and I liked the rotation of Johnson and Mckinney alot. It appears I am higher on Johnson in his new role more then most.

So who do you think gets cut when we bring in another Nose?

I'm betting on Hickman....I don't even remember him playing this preseason.

1.Korey Lindsey

2.Mewelde Moore

3.Lutrus Scott

All would be the logical choice in my opinion do to depth at all those positions and Moore will likely not get significant playing time and in Scott and Lindseys case none at all do to injury,

1.Korey Lindsey

2.Mewelde Moore

3.Lutrus Scott

All would be the logical choice in my opinion do to depth at all those positions and none of them will likely get significant playing time from here on out barring being ravished by injury again

Lindsey and Lutrus are on IR. They aren't taking up a spot on the 53.

Moore would make sense to me, but Arians likes him so I doubt it.

Why are we keeping 3 QBs? We rarely if ever did that in the Manning era. I understand the line is bad, but it was pretty bad during the later Manning years and we almost never kept 3 QBs (last year was an anomaly w/ the injury...) I think 2 should suffice and use the spot at other places of need.

Why are we keeping 3 QBs? We rarely if ever did that in the Manning era. I understand the line is bad, but it was pretty bad during the later Manning years and we almost never kept 3 QBs (last year was an anomaly w/ the injury...) I think 2 should suffice and use the spot at other places of need.

We're keeping three QB's because we want Stanton for this year and Harnish for the years after that but would lose Harnish if he was cut this year.

We did it a lot early in Manning's career and we also did it Painter's rookie year. Most teams in the NFL keep three. The Colts did not after Manning was established because he was an iron man at QBs. Most teams do not enjoy the kind of health we have experienced at the QB poistion over the years. You could aruge that Luck and Stanton should be enough but I think they kept Harnish for the following reasons:

1. He's being groomed to be the back up going forward after this season.

2. He's played well and odds are if he was released to go to the practice squad someone else would have claimed him.

3. Even if he's on the PS anyone can pick him up at any time and the fear would be if Luck or Stanton went down they wouldn't be able to get a better back up than Harnish is and on top of that you would lose the time Harnish has spent learning the Colts system.

After last season I would think would be more understanding of how important Good back up QBs are to your team and you don't just cut them if you think you have good ones.

So who do you think gets cut when we bring in another Nose?

I'm betting on Hickman....I don't even remember him playing this preseason.

Many have said no surprises in the cuts.....but keeping Hickman was a huge surprise to me - don't know how it wouldn't be to anybody. As you mentioned, he played little to none in the first 2 games. Cutting Chigbo was a surprise just as much. Clearly we aren't done - should be interesting, and I'd be very surprised if Hickman survives the weekend - but he has already defied the odds. I love that we kept Ty Nsekhe - at least for now.

What stands out at me is that they only have 1 NT. Im a bit surprised they cut Anuonoby because without him, there are no backups.

If Mookie goes down, then they're going to be scrambling for some guys.

Chapman better get back soon.

Hes still here

What stands out at me is that they only have 1 NT. Im a bit surprised they cut Anuonoby because without him, there are no backups.

If Mookie goes down, then they're going to be scrambling for some guys.

Chapman better get back soon.

they will get another very soon...

I am really....really liking how Grigson is putting this thing together. We had a cap mess....and an older team that was on the wrong side of 30. Congrats for putting something respectful together despite that upheaval, change, and total makeover responsibility.

I give a huge thumbs up. :thmup:

How does Linkenbach make this team year after year? He is absolutely dreadful.

Give him a break... Indy has played him at every position on the oL w the exception of center. He would be a valuable reserve, and maybe a solid starter if he were "given" a concrete position to play.

JMO

Give him a break... Indy has played him at every position on the oL w the exception of center. He would be a valuable reserve, and maybe a solid starter if he were "given" a concrete position to play.

JMO

he was given a concrete position to play last year that didnt go to well

I am really....really liking how Grigson is putting this thing together. We had a cap mess....and an older team that was on the wrong side of 30. Congrats for putting something respectful together despite that upheaval, change, and total makeover responsibility.

I give a huge thumbs up. :thmup:

Next season indy is WAY under the cap.

We will then see just how "savvy" Grigs is ... because FA in the NFL usually does not work out well. If the team goes big.

Can't wait for the future.

Gavin, thank you for the updated list. I have been out of the loop for a couple of days. It is nice to get on here to see an nice clean list. Kudos!!!

Colt Fans, I am sure Grigson and Pagano want a NT as badly as we do, but they also do not want to sign a NT just to say 'we did.'

With Mookie, it is easy to disguise 3-4 to 4-3 concepts, and the heat will come from all angles. We will see more Freeney/Mathis....then corner blitzes...Anybody want to see Vontae Davis hit Cutler......tune in...BMc's crystal ball is out... :) With Freeman up the 'gut' and Conner.....ATTACK 'will be a comin....'

I am with Andy 246 here...hoping that Chapman is closer than we think. Until then, we play football!!! At 100% all over the field!

Thanks again Gavin!

Actually there are a couple people you listed that im pretty sure have been cut.

Without looking it up im pretty sure these guys were cut:

Justin King

Ben Ijalana

Jabin Sambrano

Ijalana was waived and cleared waivers....he is correct, Justin King has made it so far (Brandon King cut) and Sabrano had a concusssion...he is on injured reserve...as info. Edited by BrentMc11