• 1.5k views
    • 23 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 31 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 29 replies
    • 2.3k views
  • 2024 Season Tickets

• I have reactivated the league.  Who's back in this year? @Lucky Colts Fan @buccolts @WarGhost21 @Yoshinator @VikingsFanInChennai @crazycolt1 @IndyD4U    Going to get this started early, lock in the dates. I will correct my mistakes, I will be clear on when the draft is so no-one is confused and no spousal trades. Are there any other variations for rules anyone cares to put up to a vote this year?   Thanks for being a part of this league and if anyone is reading this who isn't a part of it now, let me know if you're interested in joining so I can offer any open spots.
    • I haven’t seen the comps you speak of.     I know most projections seem high.  Football outsiders does an annual projection either just before or just after the draft.  I think Liatu was projected with the most sacks and the number was basically 6 sacks.      I suspect Liatu was picked in part because he’s an inch taller and roughly 20 pounds heavier than Turner.  And I suspect the new DL coach, who I love, had strong input to the selection.     
    • 4-2 in the AFCS is possible. But that's just one win over last year. And if they lose one of the 6 games to rookie/bad QBs (they won 6 games against them last year), then it's evened out.   I think this season is all going to come down to how they play these better teams and QBs, most of which were playoff teams last year (except for the NYJ).    It's not impossible, it's just makes it tougher to bet on. 
    • He joined the team as an intern in 1981. So yeah, more than 40 years with the team. How long he will stay, I have no idea. He might retire tomorrow... I'm not sure how old he is, seems like he'd be a few years older than Irsay, so maybe close to 70? He seems to be very important to Irsay, for obvious reasons. He's the one who made the 911 call when Irsay was hospitalized a few months ago. He was standing at Irsay's side when he made his comments about Dan Snyder. He's been involved in all the big hires for decades, including Steichen a year ago.    I brought Ward up in response to the idea that Irsay might not be up for an exhaustive executive search, and that maybe the Irsay daughters aren't 'ready' to fill that role if he has to take a step back. In that scenario, if that were happening in the next year or two -- which seems to be the timeline on which people want Ballard to be evaluated -- I think Ward would still be involved, and would help bridge any gap that might exist.    Personally, I don't know if any of that is relevant. We might not be sure that the daughters are ready, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are. At least two of them seem to be involved in the day to day, and Carlie especially seems to be preparing for a big role in the operation. She was the main point person back in 2014 when Irsay was in rehab and then suspended. She walks the sidelines on gameday with a walkie and a clipboard, she sits on league committees, and she was heavily involved in the coaching search last year. So in the event Jim has to take a step back -- which is an understandable concern, but also seems premature right now -- I would assume that Carlie would be the new CEO/chair. And even if that happened tomorrow, I don't think that would be the end of the world.
  • Topics