Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts receiving corps

alexpr

I was watching some highlights when the colts went to the Super Bowl and lost against the saints (specially the comeback against the Jets) and I came to this question:

Which receiving corp would you take?

2009-2010

Wr 1: Reggie Wayne

Wr 2: Garçon 

Slot: Austin Collie

TE:  Dallas Clark

Wr 1: Reggie Wayne

Wr 2: DHB

Slot: TY Hilton

TE:  Allen/Fleener

I think I would take the 2009-2010 corp, I even think that was one of the top 3 receiving corps in that time what a lost opportunity to take that Lombardi home ( Thank you, onside kick)

When everyone is healthy, I would take the first group.  Fleener is still relatively unknown and DHB has had problems with drops.  Garcon is better than DHB, and Clark was an excellent route runner, receiver, and he was a matchup nightmare.  And when healthy, Collie was one of the best slot WRs in the game.

When everyone is healthy, I would take the first group.  Fleener is still relatively unknown and DHB has had problems with drops.  Garcon is better than DHB, and Clark was an excellent route runner, receiver, and he was a matchup nightmare.  And when healthy, Collie was one of the best slot WRs in the game.

Garcon's not better than DHB. He's been put in better situations in his career with Peyton being his QB and all. 

2009 group. I was watching 2009 games this past weekend, and Dallas Clark was just unstoppable. I will be happy if Allen and Fleener combined become as reliable as Clark. Austin Collie catches anything thrown in his direction even if it meant paying with a shot to the head.

I think a lot might disagree with me, but Hilton is way more of a threat at the slot than Collie ever was..Collie had better hands, but no where near the speed and elusiveness that Hilton brings to the table...Reggie is still Reggie..(thank goodness)...Dallas was a lot more seasoned at the time, but I would put Allen in at TE for comparison in this case, as he didn't get injured and improved with each game, and made some nice plays...Now, its down to Garcon, vs DHB. I think that DHB has improved over the years, even with revolving systems and QB's, and Garcon wasn't exactly known for having the greatest hands..he would catch the impossible ones, but drop the easiest of catches. Their speed is pretty much equal, as well as in size...The only edge I would give to Garcon is hustle. I will never forget the game Ed Reed Intercepted Peyton and was running it back for a TD, when a blur came from behind. Next thing you know Garcon caught Reed and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Only because I think Hilton has more of an edge over Collie, then Clark does over Allen, I'd take this years squad over the 2009 squad..

That's my 2 cents, for what its worth..

Garcon's not better than DHB. He's been put in better situations in his career with Peyton being his QB and all. 

I do admit that I don't as much about DHB as I would like.  But Garcon is an incredibly physical receiver.  He is a linebacker playing in a wide receiver's body.  With that said, it is possible that DHB is also as physical.  But I've gone on record to say Garcon has the potential to be one of the best WRs in the game if he fixes his drops and can stay healthy

I think a lot might disagree with me, but Hilton is way more of a threat at the slot than Collie ever was..Collie had better hands, but no where near the speed and elusiveness that Hilton brings to the table...Reggie is still Reggie..(thank goodness)...Dallas was a lot more seasoned at the time, but I would put Allen in at TE for comparison in this case, as he didn't get injured and improved with each game, and made some nice plays...Now, its down to Garcon, vs DHB. I think that DHB has improved over the years, even with revolving systems and QB's, and Garcon wasn't exactly known for having the greatest hands..he would catch the impossible ones, but drop the easiest of catches. Their speed is pretty much equal, as well as in size...The only edge I would give to Garcon is hustle. I will never forget the game Ed Reed Intercepted Peyton and was running it back for a TD, when a blur came from behind. Next thing you know Garcon caught Reed and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Only because I think Hilton has more of an edge over Collie, then Clark does over Allen, I'd take this years squad over the 2009 squad..

That's my 2 cents, for what its worth..

Do you know what game garcon did that becuz I really want to see it now?

Do you know what game garcon did that becuz I really want to see it now?

it was a playoff game around the 2009 season i believe... dont hold me to that, im not 100 percent sure.. altho i do kno it was a playoff game.. i remember well because it was my first ever colts playoff game .. and omg did the place go nuts...lol