Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 14, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, July 14, 2013 - personal argument

You sir are a troll or a......you know what i'll keep that to myself. No need for me discussing football with someone that doesn't know about it. 

No he's not, he's a good poster who happens to like another team. He has every right to defend his QB and I suspect that many of us would be making similar comments if we were Texan's fans.

You, on the other hand, I've never heard of. Perhaps you SHOULD try discussing football with him. That's what we're here for.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! I'll never understand why someone from an opposing team wants to set up shop here. It makes me wonder if he has "issues". I'm not saying other teams fans shouldn't post here, but then there's Q-boy. Lord help us.

I've been on one or more Colt boards for around the past 15 years. The bottom line is that they all will aggravate you at times. It's just a question if you think it's worth it or not.

I don't post often, but I read through pretty much every single thread. Qwiz is not a troll by any means, his comments sometimes stir the pot but he is a fan of another team after all. Nothing more then friendly debates and razzing. I think it makes for a nice diversity. Just think if we didn't have Qwiz to argue with we'd just continue arguing with each other. :facepalm:

No he's not, he's a good poster who happens to like another team. He has every right to defend his QB and I suspect that many of us would be making similar comments if we were Texan's fans.

You, on the other hand, I've never heard of. Perhaps you SHOULD try discussing football with him. That's what we're here for.

What you say is true, but Qwiz is trolling. Schaub might have been statistically better last year (no argument, he was), but I think even Qwiz would take Luck over Schaub moving forward. If I'm not mistaken, Qwiz has stated as much.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, by the way.

He also just happens

To be a big Robert Griffin fan

To prefer Brady over Manning

To think the Broncos are overrated

To think Reggie is merely a "solid" WR

To think Luck was overhyped

To consistently praise the Patriots

I think it's safe to say that when it comes to the Colts vs, we know which side of the ledger he will come down on. A troll? No...but he certainly likes to play his little game.

What you say is true, but Qwiz is trolling. Schaub might have been statistically better last year (no argument, he was), but I think even Qwiz would take Luck over Schaub moving forward. If I'm not mistaken, Qwiz has stated as much.

No you're right. Back at post #23. But again, he would have to turn out to be the guy that all the analysts raved about and said he would be coming out of Stanford. I've watched him for years now, so I know what he is capable of. If he turns out to be nearly as good as what he can be, then I'd take him over the guy we have now. Unless, of course, the guy we have now makes no progress even as the team around him continues to get better.

He also just happens

To be a big Robert Griffin fan

To prefer Brady over Manning

To think the Broncos are overrated

To think Reggie is merely a "solid" WR

To think Luck was overhyped

To consistently praise the Patriots

I think it's safe to say that when it comes to the Colts vs, we know which side of the ledger he will come down on. A troll? No...but he certainly likes to play his little game.

1. When I first joined the forum I expressed my inclination to take 12 over Griff. Griff has grown on me though, personality-wise and on the football field. He has fans all across America, no one has to choose one over the other.

2. Yes, I do prefer Brady over Manning. Don't really want to get into that one but it is how it is. Has nothing to do with the fact that he owned my team for a decade, honest.

3. The Broncos are overrated. When they can beat the good teams consistently I will say otherwise. Until then, they don't impress me. Especially since they lost Dumervil, Miller will be more accounted for by other teams. It will be interesting to see how the Welker experiment pans out though. I don't follow the media hype when it comes to certain teams. The Broncos could very well surprise me, but I think the West will be more competitive this year, just as the South will.

4. There are posters here (At least one moderator included) who admits that Andy is way overhyped. The thread this was discussed in recently may still be on the main page as we speak.

5. I don't praise the Patriots, but I do defend them when people overreact and try and blame them for the Hernandez fiasco, as though it was their fault. I happen to like the Patriots as well, as I feel that I have enough confidence in my team to admire other, competitive teams as well.

Hope that clears everything up.

I agree with you that Qwiz was trolling and trying to "ruffle feathers" That's the only reason I was a bit unfriendly in some of my comments to him. I think as the thread progressed he stopped the "trolling stuff." 

Potential vs reality are two separate things. Of course there's potential on Andy's side, but I know that Schaub has the experience to carry us over the hump at this point in time. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, Brees I would take, but these young guys are raw. After a substantial and consistent body of work for the next three years, if he plays up to the high expectations attributed to him, then yes, I would consider. But Schaub would also have to play poorly or not as well as Andy in that time period.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You keep waiting for him to get you over that hump!  Let's just hope you have a replacement for AJ and AF by then because that's gonna be a long time coming.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You keep waiting for him to get you over that hump!  Let's just hope you have a replacement for AJ and AF by then because that's gonna be a long time coming.

It took Manning 9 years to get his first Super Bowl ring. Here's hoping it's the same situation for Schaub. :cheers:

Yep, that was all on the QB, no one else to blame. I guess we can put that playoff win all on Schaub too with that logic. How did QB2 do in the playoffs?

agreed. besides we should know about it... everybody kept saying peyton choker when we colts fan knew it was MUCH MORE about the rest of the team than only PM

And if it wasn't for a defense that came alive in the playoffs, spear headed by Bob Sanders, Mr. Manning would still be sitting on a goose egg.

Yeah, true. That would make dinners with Eli and the family slightly more awkward then they are now.  :)

agreed. besides we should know about it... everybody kept saying peyton choker when we colts fan knew it was MUCH MORE about the rest of the team than only PM

Yep and now he has the dream team in Denver, but 0-1 so far. I guess we'll see how much of it was truly on the team and how much on him in the coming years with him now contending on what some call an elite squad.

And if it wasn't for a defense that came alive in the playoffs, spear headed by Bob Sanders, Mr. Manning would still be sitting on a goose egg.

For what ever it's worth , yea the running game and defense are the main reasons we won that SB. PM did have a nice SB considering that weather , but in no way did he have a great post season.

Pro Bowl>>>>>>>Some random list compiled by only 20% of players, if that. lmao. And yes, you all sang the high praises of Ballard until you got a new toy. Same thing with Manning, and now he's just been discarded and designated Public Enemy #1. Numbers don't lie. Schaub>>>Mr. Interception.

Manning threw alot of pucks as a rookie, too. You're going to be * when Luck starts really balling out, because it will be the Manning Years vs. the Texans 2.0. It might take you another decade to finally win in Indy.

Manning threw alot of pucks as a rookie, too. You're going to be ticked when Luck starts really balling out, because it will be the Manning Years vs. the Texans 2.0. It might take you another decade to finally win in Indy.

Nope. There's going to be a lot more competition in the South, including efforts from the Titans. We'll never see the sustained dominance Manning had for a long, long time, if ever again.

i would hope the same thing if i were you.

Why? My team's won it the past 2 years, I'm not worried about anything. I actually look forward to the South being competitive again. I want my guys to come out on top, though, obviously lol.

haha I hope you and your mother have a good one B. We can discuss more football later, though I will throw this in and say that you are absolutely right about the chemistry. Having a good QB with a superb receiver pays dividends.

good day, to much cake though , thanks

now to lie down and rest

amazed this topic has been basically non  stop since I left

good day, to much cake though , thanks

now to lie down and rest

amazed this post has been none stop

Yeah, I need to lie down too. It's too hot out today, this weather has kept me in all day lol. But yeah, this thread has been ongoing. I think it's slowly reverting back to the top 10 thing.

Yeah, I need to lie down too. It's too hot out today, this weather has kept me in all day lol. But yeah, this thread has been ongoing. I think it's slowly reverting back to the top 10 thing.

we have upper 80's and really humid, Sund / Mond in  90's , to many brownouts / blackouts also , thats southeastern MICH

This topic should get the title changed to

"Attacking Texans & Qwizboy...... Aim & Fire Folks"

:facepalm:

We finally get some writers praising Luck instead of praising RG3, Wilson, or Kap and you guys turn it into a bashing session of the Texans and their only Fan who's online at the moment. I just don't understand it. The off-season needs to hurry up and end cause this is starting to get ridiculous.

:rantoff:

we have upper 80's and really humid, Sund / Mond in  90's , to many brownouts / blackouts also , thats southeastern MICH

haha and we're stuck in the 100s, though I think we're dropping back to 90s this upcoming week. But I've hoped for that before and the heat stayed here. But that's southern weather for ya. I wouldn't mind that southeastern weather B! I might have to get a condo out there or something haha

This topic should get the title changed to

"Attacking Texans & Qwizboy...... Aim & Fire Folks"

We finally get some writers praising Luck instead of praising RG3, Wilson, or Kap and you guys turn it into a bashing session of the Texans and their only Fan who's online at the moment. I just don't understand it. The off-season needs to hurry up and end cause this is starting to get ridiculous.

:rantoff:

Yep, I'm going to slowly back away and hopefully this thread gets back to it's original topic. Congrats to big #12 cracking the top 10.

haha and we're stuck in the 100s, though I think we're dropping back to 90s this upcoming week. But I've hoped for that before and the heat stayed here. But that's southern weather for ya. I wouldn't mind that southeastern weather B! I might have to get a condo out there or something haha

I AM southeastern MICH, just 4 miles literally north of Detroit

I could not live in Houston weather, been there a few times and was my 2nd choice in Residency programs, I was told   ( which they weren't supposed to )  I made it after 2nd interview  there after 1 at my school and they had me stay extra week to meet more of the staff and  visit all of the hospitals involved and show me the city to try & lure me But i got the residency of choice I wanted and thats how ended up here, u werent born yet, in fact I got disabled before u were born

I AM southeastern MICH, just 4 miles literally north of Detroit

I could not live in Houston weather, been there a few times and was 2nd choice in Residency program, I was told ( which they weren't supposed to )  I made it after 2nd interview and they had me stay extra week to meet more of the staff and all visit all of the hospitals involved and show me the city to try & lure me But i got the residency of choice I wanted and thats how ended up here, u werent born yet, in fact I got disabled before u were born

See, now you're making me feel too young man. I'm used to the soaring temps and I can survive in warm weather too but I hate cold weather lol. I wouldn't be able to live too far up north or anywhere near our friends in Foxborough. I think I've seen snow like maybe three times in my life, not counting when I used to visit Denver as a kid. Michigan sounds like a good place though B.

See, now you're making me feel too young man. I'm used to the soaring temps and I can survive in warm weather too but I hate cold weather lol. I wouldn't be able to live too far up north or anywhere near our friends in Foxborough. I think I've seen snow like maybe three times in my life, not counting when I used to visit Denver as a kid. Michigan sounds like perfect temp though B.

Ultra heat now gives me Vertigo attacks as 1 instigating factor of many , years ago I would of loved the heat, now its medical

u aint young I am old, 60 July 28th

I am in unigue spot that due to lake effect no where near as much snow or cold as  north . south, or western mich is as live just west of Lake St Clair, not a great lake but a big one and perfect size to cause just the right amount vof this effect, People on the east side equally distant to it than me get much snow, thats why Cleveland gets alot its basically the south east side of Lake Erie

Been to Boston area alot , seemed always frigid ,   during & after College , Decones Hospital , part of Harvard had a good program I was thinking about, and my friend Went to MIT ( was Phi Beta Kappa In  Math  in 3 years time only and now a retired Partner from  major actuarial firm that had office there )  and stayed in area, we have great , never heated conversations, hed be a Perfect Pat on hear, wouldnt troll at all and can quote u any stat u want from memory

The endless Math quantity Pi I remember testing him to at least 600 places after decximal point , way more than me

In HS as a freshmen they alternated State regents tests they called it , with 1 row taking Trigonometry like us and another taking Advanced Calculus the seniors, the senior next to him was having trouble so he just took his rest and finished it for him as he already taught it to himsdelf

all I know in HS Physics he cheated from me , each of us smart in our own ways , his math was borderline brilliant, hev read Websters dictionary for fun, 

Ultra heat now gives me Vertigo attacks as 1 instigating factor of many , years ago I would of loved the heat, now its medical

u aint young I am old, 60 July 28th

I am in unigue spot that due to lake effect no where near as much snow or cold as  north . south, or western mich is as live just west of Lake St Clair, not a great lake but a big one and perfect size to cause just the right amount vof this effect, People on the east side equally distant to it than me get much snow, thats why Cleveland gets alot its basically the south east side of Lake Erie

Been to Boston area alot , seemed always frigid , after during & after College , Decones Hospital , part of Harvard had a good program I was thinking about, and my friend Went to MIT ( was Phi Beta Kappa In  Math  in 3 years time only and now a retired Partner from  major actuarial firm )  and stayed in area, we have great , never heated conversations, hed be a Perfect Pat on hear, wouldnt troll at all and cant quote u any stat u want from memory

The endless Math quantity Pi I remember testing him to at least 600 places after decximal point , way more than me

In HS as a freshmen they alternated State regents tests they called it , with 1 row taking Trigonometry like us and another taking Advanced Calculus the seniors, the senior next to him was having trouble so he just took his rest and finished it for him

all I know in HS Physics he cheated from me , each of us smart in our own ways , his math was borderline brilliant, hev read Websters dictionary for fun, 

Yep, so that's good weather for you to live in. And your friend proves that Patriots fans are just as smart as the rest of us! Or smarter, in my case, math=no bueno haha Who would've thought Colts and Patriots fans could be friends in real life :)

Yep, so that's good weather for you to live in. And your friend proves that Patriots fans are just as smart as the rest of us! Or smarter, in my case, math=no bueno haha Who would've thought Colts and Patriots fans could be friends in real life :)

good childhood friends dont argue in later years

He was QB and threw me deep bombs as a kid, I was little little glue fingers, as my older brother by 6 years  was the original glue fingers, we caught all, tipped balls etc, I learned from my brother throwing to me , dont know who taught  brother, guess just was natuaral

guess which QB had a fabulous offensive line and a top 3-4 RB , plus a excellent back up ?

guess what QB had the worst offensive line in football. So bad that as low as one player is projected to have his starting job by season's end. The primary RB was a middle of the road rookie who was very raw in the passing game.

which guy played with a bunch of rookies and a OC that ran mostly down field stuff that led to that low completion rate and high int rate ? 

which guy led a "urine poor" team to just one win less than the QB with the far superior team.

which guy looked about 20X's better than the other guy in the Pro Bowl ? One looked to have a pop gun for an arm while the other was throwing bullets I know it's a garbage game but I really was surprised to see how how much better Luck threw the ball in that game.

I was surprised at how bad matt was in pro bowl to which makes me wonder if he will be much better with the addition of Hopkins or as bad as he played there. I really feel if matt doesn't step his game up the Texans might never go to super bowl. The Texans could have beat the patriots in that playoff game if matt could have put a descent drive together. I think yates is better than schaub

He was QB and threw me deep bombs as a kid, I was little little glue fingers, as my older brother by 6 years  was the original glue fingers, we caught all, tipped balls etc, I learned from my brother throwing to me , dont know who taught  brother, guess just was natuaral

Yeah, you're lucky. I only have a sister and we played catch sparingly, so I had to learn from just watching T.V. how to play. I didn't have any playing experience till I started in high school haha But some people are naturals.

Yeah, you're lucky. I only have a sister and we played catch sparingly, so I had to learn from just watching T.V. how to play. I didn't have any playing experience till I started in high school haha But some people are naturals.

wow I played ball every Saturday  Starting probably in 4th / 5th grade

My parents were teachers and religious in Jewish faith, much more than I am, 

I wasnt allowed to do homework from Friday night to sat night , that is sundown to sundown, a Jewish day 

HERE is why,  If u r as religious as my parents then on the Sabbath u aren't allowed to write , However as teachers if I didnt have homework they gave me some and as my Father taught special ed and English he gave me English / spelling , I rebelled and it became my worse subject,though  somehow got a b+   in College I got in the  low 80's in HS, put it this way, I never took a Bio or Chem test and not get the highest grade in HS, college & Med school by comparison

anyway till annother day, signing off , good night, 

QB1: 64.3 completion %, 7.4 yards per throw, 250.5 yards a game, 12 INTS, 90.7 Passer rating

QB2: 54.1 completion %, 7 yards per throw, 273.4 yards/game, 18 INTS, 76.5 Passer rating

Guess which QB is Schaub? And after doing that, take a guess at who QB2 is as well.

perhaps its better to compare luck to schaubs earlier years

schaub 2004 33 of 70 330 yds 1 td 4int 47.1 completion 42 qb rating

2005 33 of 64 495 yards 4 tds 0 ints 51.6 completion 98 qb rating

2006 18 of 27 208 yards 1 td 2 int 66.7 completion 71.2 qb rating

2007192 of 289 66.4 completion 2241 yards 9 tds 9 ints 87.2 qb rating

2008 251 of 380 3,043 yards 66.1 completion 15 tds 10 ints 92.7 rating

it took schaub until 2009 nice to have a descent season granted in 2004 - 6 he didn't start

schaub has 9 4th quarter combacks / game winning drives    Luck has 7

Schuab didn't lead his team to the playoffs his first year starting.

It took schaub three years to lead the Texans to a record of more than 8-8

Schaub was sacked 16 and 23 times in 2007 and 2008 yet could lead them to a better record than 8-8 granted he was injured a lot those two years.

In 2009 he was sacked 25 five times and only lead the Texans to 9-7. Luck was sacked 41 times  and had a team that was outscored by the opposition yet still led them to 11-5. From what I see Luck should be a lot better than schaub.

2004 Falcons 6 1 33 70 47.1 330 4.7 1 4 4 14 42.0 2005 Falcons 16 1 33 64 51.6 495 7.7 4 0 6 27 98.1 2006 Falcons 16 0 18 27 66.7 208 7.7 1 2 2 8 71.2 2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 16 126 87.2 2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 23 149 92.7

2004 Falcons 6 1 33 70 47.1 330 4.7 1 4 4 14 42.0 2005 Falcons 16 1 33 64 51.6 495 7.7 4 0 6 27 98.1 2006 Falcons 16 0 18 27 66.7 208 7.7 1 2 2 8 71.2 2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 16 126 87.2 2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 23 149 92.7